Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum try this.

Originally posted by barneybear69 View Post
    Thanks very much but now that I have it stripped down it appears the fan is 30mmx30mm x 10mm deep.
    Is that a roundabout question? Or a statement?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Sorry for not making my reply clear.
      The Usmale2 was quoting a 50mm fan whereas the one I require is 30mm.

Hope that makes more sense.

Regards

Comment

can anybody help? I have version 1.23 ASROCK Instantboot and my motherboard is the k10n78d runnign windows xp sp3. the other night my computer did the normal update and shut down but when ASROCK instantboot re started the computer it never shut down and now I can't shut it down with instantboot only now if I disable it. also on the blue instant control panel the enable buton appears to be missing?

Comment

Hello ;)

I have one question. Does motherboard ASrock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 supports a AMD FX 6300 ?

Comment

I have an asrock 990fx extreme 4 . I wanted to see where i go to report broken bios. I use version 1.8. But i tried the new 2.00 and found few broken settings. on/off technology is not working, when i set it to off the usb hard drive and my lan continue to stay powered after shut down, but on bios 1.8 when i shut it off , the usb hard drive and lan power down after shut down as i wanted. Also the new FAST BOOT causes windows to crash when entering and restarts. I understand that ULTRA FAST BOOT is only supported by windows 8, but the regular fast boot should function properly and is not.

Comment

I have an asrock 990fx extreme 4. My question is about the load line calibration (LLC). With llc set at 1/2, my lowest stable volatge is 1.425 for my over clock. When i apply full load via prime95, cpuz shows a DROP to 1.34 volts. Now, when i set llc to 1/4 my lowest stable voltage is now 1.375 and when loaded prime 95 ,again the voltage DROPS but by a smaller margine to 1.36. Here's the weird part, when i set llc to disabled, my lowest stable voltage is now 1.33 and when loaded it JUMPS up to 1.38. Where i am confused, is llc is supposed to battle voltage droop, but if you look closely at what i stated, it is actually creating droop. When it is off, under load my cpu raises the voltage up a few like my nvidia gpus do when u apply a load. Lower voltage when at idle, and a tad higher when on load= no droop or countering it. It is very very odvious that asrocks version of load line calibration is not to battle droop but rather to stop cpus from getting to hot when under heavy load. I am noticing more and more with asrock that their boards are being designed for protection rather than performance! Please TECH, correct me if i'm wrong, or maybe i don't understand llc's purpose. The only other thing i can think of, is maybe my amd fx 6200 has a built in llc type function that is able to work with the mobo's llc off?
              Last edited by keith harbaugh; 03-28-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Memory speed problem

my motherboard is AS Rock h55m-le.i both patriot ram chips that should work on 1866 MHZ but from some reason they don't.My ram is still working on 1333 Mhz.How i can fix this one?

Bios version is p1.00-15a
                Windows 7 x64

Comment

• bios update problem

I got suggestion to update my bios version to new one.My old bios version was 1.0 and my new one is 1.8 for my asrock motherboard.Now my system is not stable it works for like 15-20 min and then my computer freeze i cant even reset it on the reset button,i only can turn of the power.When i updated my bios i pres f9 to load bios defaults i didin't mess anything within it.So what can cause this error and what should i do ?

Comment

hi
                    here's my problem.recently i bought a 3TB h.d.d .i wanted to install win8 on GPT H.D.D(Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3tb) but in the first step installing , setup said the win cant install on GPT disk . realized i must boot DVD disk Drive in UEFI boot mode .tried to do that with F11 and some setting on bios setup but failed. after search in web and put hand on some option on UEFI setup . i disappointed . the thing is that there is no option or item so i can boot in UEFI (not in AHCI MOde not IDE mode) . so what can i do to fix this ?

my E-mail:[email protected]

motherboard: asrock 990FX Extreme 3
                    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz
                    RAM: 4Gig dual channel DDR3 1600
                    V.G.A: ATI 6700 1GB

Comment

• Re: bios update problem

Originally posted by filip.cenic View Post
                      I got suggestion to update my bios version to new one.My old bios version was 1.0 and my new one is 1.8 for my asrock motherboard.Now my system is not stable it works for like 15-20 min and then my computer freeze i cant even reset it on the reset button,i only can turn of the power.When i updated my bios i pres f9 to load bios defaults i didin't mess anything within it.So what can cause this error and what should i do ?

Umm,since this happened after a bios update, this may or may not apply to you. But i have an asrock 770 and when i install the usb 3.0 driver the same thing happens to me. If i uninstall the driver and disable usb 3.0. Pc runs like a dream. I've tried installing and uninstalling it over and over. Same thing, installed my pc freezes solid,done. Now i'm sure your wondering what i'm getting at. The point is, a simple bad driver can do this to your pc. So maybe after your bios update, one of your drivers is corrupted as it may now see a different piece of hardware. IDK,but its possible.

Comment

• Hi I am getting a 55 error on the Dr debug which in your manual means no memory installed. Ive had this board since 26/2/13 and was working fine till a few days ago when i turned it on and it came up with a 55 error. Now i tried installing my memory in to one slot at a time and still same problem.it seems like none of the memory slots are working. I also tried a different set of memory sticks from a friends pc but same fault. I also did a clear CMOS but same problem
                        All my BIOS setting are up to date which was 2.00 version
                        I also have reseated my cpu and have checked the pins and all looks fine.
                        Can you advise me what to do next??
                        I have emailed Asrock support but they were no help.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fluek66 View Post
                          Hi I am getting a 55 error on the Dr debug which in your manual means no memory installed. Ive had this board since 26/2/13 and was working fine till a few days ago when i turned it on and it came up with a 55 error. Now i tried installing my memory in to one slot at a time and still same problem.it seems like none of the memory slots are working. I also tried a different set of memory sticks from a friends pc but same fault. I also did a clear CMOS but same problem
                          All my BIOS setting are up to date which was 2.00 version
                          I also have reseated my cpu and have checked the pins and all looks fine.
                          Can you advise me what to do next??
                          I have emailed Asrock support but they were no help.

Many thanks
                          Seeing XSPC in your system specs, just a thought yet you might take into consideration what Splave recognized and corrected when his OC Formula was throwing the error 55.

Splave's post # 12
                          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by topcd View Post
                            hi
                            here's my problem.recently i bought a 3TB h.d.d .i wanted to install win8 on GPT H.D.D(Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3tb) but in the first step installing , setup said the win cant install on GPT disk . realized i must boot DVD disk Drive in UEFI boot mode .tried to do that with F11 and some setting on bios setup but failed. after search in web and put hand on some option on UEFI setup . i disappointed . the thing is that there is no option or item so i can boot in UEFI (not in AHCI MOde not IDE mode) . so what can i do to fix this ?

my E-mail:[email protected]

motherboard: asrock 990FX Extreme 3
                            CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz
                            RAM: 4Gig dual channel DDR3 1600
                            V.G.A: ATI 6700 1GB
                            UEFI booting/starting a PC is not a SATA configuration setting, and not related to it whatsoever.

I don't use your board, but look for an option called CSM (Compatibility Support Module), usually in the ACPI menu. You will find it is enabled. CSM causes the system to start/boot in "BIOS/legacy mode". To install Windows for UEFI booting, set CSM to Disabled.

If you don't have the CSM option, then look for Secure Boot in a Security or Boot menu. Enabling that should allow installing Windows for UEFI booting, given the appropriate version of Windows.

If you do not have any of these options, your board may not be able to UEFI boot. ASRock also provides a utility called "3TB Unlocker" that is supposed to allow using drives over 2.2TB to be used with a standard Windows installation. Does you board's download page have this utility?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
                              The ASRock Technical Support forum is now open and ready for posts!

Please welcome Sean from ASRock who will be here to answer your tech questions related to all ASRock products.

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible.

This is also an area you can discuss upcoming ASRock products and we will also conduct giveaways and competitions in here from time to time as well. ASRock may also share early BIOS updates and drivers with you here as well.

I'm post a problem here:

It's the reply. Have solutions to this issue?

Comment

Hello

Excuse my english

I have a query(doubt) about Asrock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 drivers

In Station-Drivers: le site de drivers, bios, firmwares avec un forum d'aide where generally download the drivers i have seen that for

Intel Rapid Storage TechnologyI have 3 options to download

12.5.0.1066 WHQL (PCH5/6/7/8) - W 7-8 32.64 bits del 25/3/13

11.7.4.1001 WHQL (ICH9/10/PCH) - W 7-8 32.64 bits del 12/4/13

11.2.0.1006 WHQL (ICH7/8/9/10/PCH) - W XP-Vista-7-8 32.64 bits del 26/6/12

Station-Drivers: le site de drivers, bios, firmwares avec un forum d'aide

Here the link of drivers of this motherboard

Which one should I use and why?

Thanks and excuse my english one more time

Comment

Working...
                                X