Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Originally posted by sushrukh View Post
    Strange thing is that, contest entries were on 5 pages of this thread but feedback is 6 pages long till now & counting.
    That is because you people only care about Tweaktown since they are giving stuff away. Once this contest is over, you will all disappear as all noobs do after there is nothing free to try and win. Why don't you all take a friggin pill, stop posting all this stupidity, and wait for when the winners get announced. I won a motherboard here 5-6 months ago, and it took about 5 days for the winners to get announced, and another 4 weeks to get my prize. If you are that desperate for PC parts, get a friggin job and pay for them yourselves. This is really a disgusting display of greed that this is turning into. Unbelieveable...........
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
      That is because you people only care about Tweaktown since they are giving stuff away. Once this contest is over, you will all disappear as all noobs do after there is nothing free to try and win. Why don't you all take a friggin pill, stop posting all this stupidity, and wait for when the winners get announced. I won a motherboard here 5-6 months ago, and it took about 5 days for the winners to get announced, and another 4 weeks to get my prize. If you are that desperate for PC parts, get a friggin job and pay for them yourselves. This is really a disgusting display of greed that this is turning into. Unbelieveable...........

Sorry, if I've shown impatience.But what u said is not right,atleast for me.I don't surf net a lot,only occationally.I came to know about TweakTown only some days before from some other review sites.They've said a lot of good things about you & that's why I got registered here.After registering, I came to know about the contest.

Though it's true that I'm posting only in this thread but I can assure u that I'm here to stay.

Sorry for the inconveniences u may have faced.I'm really new to this kinda online forums & don't know how these contests work.So,I became kinda impatient coz it's the ist time I'm taking part in any online contest.

Again sorry for my behaviour.I didn't know the systems actually.Believe me it won't happen again.Sorry.

Comment

I am sure Cam will have the results of the giveaway as soon as it is convenient for him. It is a giveaway, afterall, so I don't think it is going to hurt anyone to wait. I won a video card a few years back and I got it and it went well.

As for what CC said, he is pretty well right, as these contests always draw in people who make a singular post, and that is to try and win. That is also why I think we should have an implementation that anyone who wins must have at least 5 posts which are valuable to the forums, that way the contest actually has its desired use, and draws new, useful members to the forum.

Comment

at the risk of being told off by CC and amd for this being my first thread on this forum, they're absolutely right. just give it some time, stop posting on this same thread all the time saying "omg where are the results????" and go read other threads, start your own, take the opportunity to use a good site, there arent that many out there tbh. admittedly i posted on this thread first because of the contest, but ive since posted on 5 or 6 others with questions and got good advice out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2005 View Post
            As for what CC said, he is pretty well right, as these contests always draw in people who make a singular post, and that is to try and win. That is also why I think we should have an implementation that anyone who wins must have at least 5 posts which are valuable to the forums, that way the contest actually has its desired use, and draws new, useful members to the forum.
            Intel Core2Quad Q6600 [email protected] on Zalman 7700cu
            4Gb DDR2 1000 G.Skill Pi Black Series 5-5-5-12 Dual Channel
            HIS HD5770 IceQ 5 Turbo 1GB 950/5740
            Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
            HD Seagate 500Gb 7200.11 SATA II NCQ 32Mb Buffer
            Akasa Pax Power PSU 500w Active PFC
            Akasa Zen Case
            Samsung 2233rz 120hz
            Logitech G15 V1 Keyboard
            Mtek Extreme Gaming Mouse

Comment

kl. whats the url for that metal forum of yours? im intrigued

Comment

nice gfx card btw mate, now i see why you wanna win these so bad

Comment

I did get sick over the weekend but I'm back at work now (it's Monday here now) and I'm just about to take a proper look over the entries now.

Wait a bit :)
                  Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Having read over most the entries as they were submitted, I've finally had time to go back over the entries and have selected three winners.

The winners were selected as their entries were creative and interesting and also managed to add a little bit of humor. Some of the poetry entries were good but not quite as good as the winners.

AMDATHLONFX for me was the standout entry - it was the most creative and also quite funny. PrairieDawg had us laughing about someone much older kicking his ass, you poor poor guy - nVidia and ASUS will help you resolve that issue. And xaglx really seems to love gaming but paying for your own schooling and gaming doesn't really work and we understand that.

All three winners will be contacted via PM for their addresses and phone numbers and their prizes will be sent by nVidia directly.

Thank you everyone for entering and never fear, this year we intend on running many competitions where you will have more chances to win plenty of prizes.

Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
                      Having read over most the entries as they were submitted, I've finally had time to go back over the entries and have selected three winners.

The winners were selected as their entries were creative and interesting and also managed to add a little bit of humor. Some of the poetry entries were good but not quite as good as the winners.

AMDATHLONFX for me was the standout entry - it was the most creative and also quite funny. PrairieDawg had us laughing about someone much older kicking his ass, you poor poor guy - nVidia and ASUS will help you resolve that issue. And xaglx really seems to love gaming but paying for your own schooling and gaming doesn't really work and we understand that.

All three winners will be contacted via PM for their addresses and phone numbers and their prizes will be sent by nVidia directly.

Thank you everyone for entering and never fear, this year we intend on running many competitions where you will have more chances to win plenty of prizes.

What did u say, Mr.Tweak ? I won ? I just can't believe it.Congrats to xaglx & PrairieDawg & to me ofcourse.My integreted graphix told me to log in to see who the winner is & voila.I want to give full credit to my integrated graphix that he has told me to take part in this contest.So, he'll be happy more than me,coz he won't have to run Hitman from now.

I donno what to say.This is the ist contest I've taken part in & I won not 1 but 2 marvellous cards.This is unbelievable.TweakTown rocks & something to CaseCutter(he previously said in a post in this thread) I promise that I'll stay here forever.

By the way, Mr.Tweak when u r going to PM me ? I just can't wait to get the PM from u.No real hurry though.Again thanks for choosing me from so many deserving entries.Waiting for ur responce.

xaglx & PrairieDawg ,do login now.U donno what is waiting for u.
                      Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-08-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AMDATHLONFX View Post

By the way, Mr.Tweak when u r going to PM me ? I just can't wait to get the PM from u.No real hurry though.Again thanks for choosing me from so many deserving entries.Waiting for ur responce.
                        The winners have been PM'ed now.
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

this year we intend on running many competitions where you will have more chances to win plenty of prizes.

how about giveing prizes for the best (quality) poster for the month etc, aim some of the prizes at people like darth who for years has been giving quality advice and trying to grow. ie give something back to those who have made a significant contribution to TT
                          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

The winners have been PM'ed now.
                            I've replied to ur PM Mr.Tweak but I've written the wrong spelling of Apartment on the ist address line.Please read it as Apartment & not Apatment.

If required,I can send u another PM correcting that spelling.
                            Sorry 4 that mistake.The spelling was wrong coz my hands r still shaking.

Thanks for understanding.
                            Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-08-2007, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldar View Post
                              how about giveing prizes for the best (quality) poster for the month etc, aim some of the prizes at people like darth who for years has been giving quality advice and trying to grow. ie give something back to those who have made a significant contribution to TT
                              Actually I love all your feedback and I think from now on it will be a requirement to have a minimum number of posts (maybe 25) and have been registered to the forums for at least one month.

What do you guys think?
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Actually I love all your feedback and I think from now on it will be a requirement to have a minimum number of posts (maybe 25) and have been registered to the forums for at least one month.

What do you guys think?

I think that's the way to prevent spammers.But please organize ne other giveaway after this one month(Just kidding) coz if u do within this month, we'll be automatically disqualified coz only some days ago we've joined & there r still many days to go to be eligible 4 the contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X