Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

How do I win?How do I claim my prizes?
    Last edited by Mr.Tweak; 12-14-2006, 03:28 AM.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

So I will be starting here.
    Let me introduce myself, I'm new here in tweaktown foruns, but I visit tweaktown everyday for about 2 or 3 years (that's the date when I got broadband connection), first came here looking for an review of an overclocked geforce 3 ti200 (I got one in that ocasion) with a thermaltake crystal orb cooler (that I bought after reading the review), and after that day, I came here everyday for hardware news, reviews. For me, it's the best place to get all those news, and the only one that I visit regularly.

Well, after that let me explain you, why I REALLY need a pair of these boards.
    I got a new rig this year, my 6 years old p4 system (1.8ghz willamet, 256mb rambus, asus p4t-e) gave up, the board melted down some capacitors and came to kill the cpu. Here in Brazil, computer parts are VERY expensive, they cost something like your soul, but with my old rig killed, I needed an upgrade, so I bought that rig on my sign (athlon 64 3000 939, asus a8n-e sli, 1gb ddr corsair and a asus eax1600pro 512mb), it rocks! (well, for what I usually see here in Brazil it's a pretty fast rig). I was pretty excited about this rig, playing oblivion and fear with pretty good fps. But, recently, my x1600pro gave up because of some volt modding in the core, it was painfull, after just six months I'm again without a good VGA.. Currently I'm using a Trident 9680 1mb PCI!!!! (I still have my old geforce 3 ti200, but it's an AGP part, and I don't have a motherboard for it..) Yeah! You read right! A 1mb Pci card, that only support 1024x768 with 256 colors!!! I can only use windows xp with 800x600 16bit colors, cause the board can't get to the 1024x768 with 16bit colors! and I can't afford to buy a new vga right now, like I said before, computer parts in Brazil are very expensive. So I beg you! please, give me one pair of those cards, it's not fair for me, to pass my summer vacations, after a year of hard working, without playing any games.. Please!! It would save my summer! I can even post screenshots for you, and a photo of my trident 9860 if you like.
    I really NEED this. Please!! I beg you all!!! Even one of those boards could completelly save my life!!

(sorry the bad english folks)

edit:
    here is a link for a screenshot of my pc running with the trident 9680 to prove that what i'm saying is true.

can't post photos os the board itself now 'cause i'm not home now. I asked my sister to take this SS, but ask her to remove the VGA and take a photo is too much for her.
    next weekend i will be home for christmas, then I can take some shots of the board itself.
    Last edited by Adib; 12-16-2006, 07:28 AM. Reason: update
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 [email protected] on Zalman 7700cu
    4Gb DDR2 1000 G.Skill Pi Black Series 5-5-5-12 Dual Channel
    HIS HD5770 IceQ 5 Turbo 1GB 950/5740
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
    HD Seagate 500Gb 7200.11 SATA II NCQ 32Mb Buffer
    Akasa Pax Power PSU 500w Active PFC
    Akasa Zen Case
    Samsung 2233rz 120hz
    Logitech G15 V1 Keyboard
    Mtek Extreme Gaming Mouse

Comment

Ok first of all i would like to say that i really like the tweaktown web site, as for reviews or for maybe a good deal in the deal fo the day section, i jsut like to browse the articles. I come to this site almost every day.

To start of, i dont have a very good computer and im thinking about buying a new one because this one sucks, it still has a AGP port for my nvidia Geforce FX 5200 !!! i have a amd 2600+ with 1GB of ram, i have 2x80gb hdd. I was thinking about buying a new computer and if i could win those 2 video cards, i could spend more money into the computer iself so that would be great because my budget is very limited. First of all, to specify, the Geforce FX 5200 is from MSI, which i head that the only one of the FX5200 with no ans on it, it only has a heatsink. I tried to get the most performance out of my PC so i tried to overclock everything, the CPU, the RAM, the Video card and it worked, i was able to get more FPS but still not enough. I got a super idea !, why not add a Fan on the Video card if there isnt one already, but why spend money on this video card... so i checked in my surroundings if i could find a fan as big as the heatsink and my dad told me he had some computer part laying around in the basement and to check in there. I looked and i found exactly the perfect match ! i took some elastics that i passed in the fan holes in each corner. I placed the fan directly on the heatsink with the elastics around the video card to hold i in place. I powered up the computer and finally got into Windows, everything looks fine. I went back in the overclock settings and i managed to overclcok it a little more ahahahah :D so from now on i play games with my home made modded video card lol ... but even still, my video card cant beat a pair of dual 7600GTs hehe
      Last edited by XblackdemonX; 12-13-2006, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Well here is whats really going on in my life, and is the reason i need to win this.

it all started a long time ago, around the time my first brother was born. thats when i stopped getting most things i wanted. it was a most difficult time, and it still is. i have found i'm not really all that good at anything except computers, but so many people are good with computers i have no chance getting employment in a related field. thing is i have been having problems with my computer, for one my wifi card is starting to go out, and now i find that games are coming out that require things like shader model 3, whats up with that? so know i can't even play Rainbow six Vegas because my video card doesn't support SM3.

Now you might think dude, just go buy a new video card, well that sounds easiser to do than it actually is, you see i lost my job a year and a half ago, and have not been able to find a job since then, maybe the kind of job i am looking for is to hard to find, should i settle for a crappy one? so i have been living at home, but my mom is getting tired of me not having a job and not getting anywhere in life, and of course everyone tells her to throw me out, so i could be homeless.

on top of all this, i have never had a girlfriend, i mean i'm 23 years old, shouldn't i have had one by now? do you think its wearing the nintendo t-shirts? i don't know about you but wearing a shirt with mario on it that says how to score a princess is just pretty cool, how could a girl not want to date a guy like me?

so as you can see i don't have much going for me, its Christmas time, i have blown money on presents for people, which probably wasn't wise, but hey, i'm a nice guy. i can't afford to buy new pc gear because i don't have a job, so winning new graphics cards would be very helpful. so please help this guy out, oh and if you know of any cool jobs that pay well and have good hours and you don't have to work most Sundays then let me know, i really need a job.

and finally if you think i wasn't being completely serious about this story, you would be way wrong, everything was true, not even a little white lie as you should we could use. i really am this big of a loser, thus me needing free graphics cards :) but these are my reasons for you to give me new video cards. its Christmas time, and something good happening for me would go a long ways.

all thats left to say is Merry Christmas to everyone out there that reads this.

Comment

I think you need to send me these video cards so I can try out SLI on my 965P motherboard you sent me alittle while back. I already have the hacked drivers downloaded, I just need two video cards to run SLI. I was going to buy another video card soon, but since my TV died, my car is in the shop and the kids (4 and 5) are bleeding me dry, I cannot get another card. I even had to sell off my beloved 24" LCD monitor and get a measly 20". 7600GT SLI would be perfect for my board. I am an avid gamer and I need more power to properly push my screen for games. I have been forced to run a 7300GT (DDR2 as well) and it just does not have the grunt. Once I install these cards, I will no longer have to contemplate becoming a male prostitute in order to pay for my PC gaming addiction. I truely a very sick and deeply disturbed man. Have some Christmas pity for a 38 year old overclocker who's down on his luck. Don't make me date old ladies or , ACK, old men to pay for my sins. Besides, look at my post count and the quality of my posts. Not only do I try to contribute to the community around here, I am quick to sing the praises of this forum on other sites. Unlike the other guys, everything I posted is 100% true. Well, I am done with my rant. Time to go do more research on how to become a man *****.

PS: I am an American who moved to Canada with his Canadian wife. Since I cannot afford to pay to file my paperwork, I am not allowed to work up here. I stay home and care for my boys and it pains them to see me sobbing at my PC since I can only play the SIMS on low details and settings. I have forced my character to commit suicide at least one a week for the past 2 months just to help ease my horrible pain and suffering from this horrible video card. So in effect, sending me these cards not only would change my life, but also my SIMS Character could enjoy growing old instead of laying down in traffic once a week for my insidious amusement.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by casecutter; 12-13-2006, 08:01 PM.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

This may sound fake or made up but this is completely true, as sad as it may be.

2-3 years ago I decided to buy a new computer to replace my old Pentium one that I had received from my boss after he bought a new one...this was the first computer I owned and it seed to do everything pretty slow. It turned out that my pentium had only 16 MB of ram...

When I did finally decide to spend money on a computer, that could open more than two applications without crashing, I started to look into buying a dell. The mall in my area had a small dell kiosk which showcased some pretty awesome game play and for only $1500 I got a crazy good cheap 2400 dell case with 256mb of ram and a 80 gig hard drive. Oh yeah and an 17'' LCD monitor...

For the first year or so my dell seemed like the best financial decision I'd ever made. It ran smoothly and without lags. Until I decided to start playing games on it. My friend introduced me to the world of computer gaming and from there on I bought a couple of games, my favorite being unreal championship. When I first installed unreal and started playing it I was confused to see that the quality was so ugly compared to that of my friends. My friends later told me that I had integrated graphics and that the only way to play any games was to lower the resolution and quality. This looked ugly but it made my games playable.

We used to have LAN parties every week or so and me and my computer would always come in last place. It wasn't my fault it was just that my computer was under major lag and so I decided to buy a better graphics card. This is were things go from bad to worse: In my vain effort to try to increase my gaming potential, I bought a gfx 5500 pci graphics card. The card alone cost me $120! AND it being pci didn't bring such a boost but it did allow me to play UT 2004 with all high quality.

Why in gods earth would I buy a PCI card you ask?!? Sadly, my dell did not come with an AGP slot...

Fast forward 2 years and I'm sitting in front of my LCD monitor waiting for my game to load with a bag of chips in my lap and coke in my hand. When will the world end? When will this humiliation end?...All good questions that have yet to be answered. I know a lot more about computers now (took A+ and a couple of programming classes) and I'm planning on buying a totally new system with some money I've been saving and getting some 7600GTs would be a great Christmas gift from you guys...

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Comment

I think I should be the recipient of this giveaway because I'm the guy who's always had the average hardware with nothing special, but who deserves a bump up in technology. I'm 21, I'm in between colleges at the moment, and I work full days as an electrician. I have bills, I live my life. I can't always realistically drop several hundred dollars at a time to upgrade a system all at once because I've got other responsibilities. Simply put, I'm the young working class guy who just happens to love gaming as much as everyone else but can’t keep throwing money into it all the time. It's not a sob story about how I've been done wrong, because I enjoy my life. But sometimes it's the average people who need to be encouraged and supported and helped along every once in a while - the people who fix your electric problems, who makes your music, and who's never in the limelight. I've never been one to promote myself, make myself into something I’m not, and try to be something special like many people today; unlike the idea that big and glamorous is the only way to live. Those are the outstanding "ordinary" people who keep our society running and deserve something extraordinary - because without "normal" people such as them, there would never be anyone "great."
              Last edited by Hawkens85; 12-23-2006, 07:54 AM.

Comment

First off, my bro and I are not really poor or in dire need of the cards but my friend is! (he is using my old PCI GPU!) and he is a horrid grump if he cant play games or have fun with electronics and its horrid going to school with a grump, that might put me in a bad mood and I might post something grumpy on the forum and then it will spread to you and maybe even the ENTIRE INTERNET!!! So I should get the cards because it will save the happiness world wide web.

my bro and I built this computer, I actually did all the building, but my bro bought the GPU. I love BF2 and, well, any game in which I can slaughter
                anything. I have never used SLI but I have wanted to for a long time (ever since I heard of it, in fact I wanted to get 2 of this GPU type but probably not from Asus b/c I didn't know they made any.)

Ok, now for the hindquarter kissin! I love tweaktown and love Asus (I have a P5N-SLI Board and it works superbly, it came with way more than I expected it too and everything was easy to set up plus it was cheap.) I am not very good at helping people with their problems but I gotta try! I am unemployed until the summer as I must devote all my time to my studies and sports so I have no income except for odd jobs (i'm only 14 don't laugh)

I have a SLI ready mobo but I have never used it and this is a wonderful opportunity to get SLI power! My bro and I both want SLI really bad but there is no way we could afford it and asking our parents is out of the question b/c I have 4 siblings and its too much to ask for for Christmas. My bro and I split the hours of computer use (I get odds he gets evens) and it works well considering that most brothers constantly fight.

My brother and I live in Alaska and its pretty nippy in the winter so we tend to be indoors a lot (during the 9 month winter), no igloos though, but we get a lot of computer time.

My bro and I really wanna release the power of my Core 2 Duo E 6300 (at 2.1 GHz and can go further easily) and I feel that SLI would help a hell of a lot.

If we win we will give my brother's current GPU to a friend of ours who is dire need of a decent GPU (he has my old Radeon 9250) I guess I would have to get him a new Mobo too but Ill leave that up to him, he has a lame old dimension 2400 desktop, the same one I had, and its slower than... well... ME (its taken me 2 hours to write this.) i'm the computer geek at my school, I love my position, its fun helping people even if I have to get my info from you all first!

Post scriptus: Thanks so much far all you all have done for me and my computer

My brother adds:
                We have a SLI ready mobo only 1 GPU, we were gonna get two of said card but we went for the nice new 7900GPU and only could get 1 in the end. 2 slightly less powerfull brains are better than 1!
                I would love to see the power of the two cards!
                SLI would be a grand gift!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by buhweet; 12-13-2006, 11:31 PM.

Comment

[img=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7518/6800leburnedtvoutpd8.th.jpg]

Comment

I think that honesty pays and honestly I want these cards.

I won't say to you how poor I am and I want cry that I have a low end video card...I'll just try to make you laugh.

So...in order to show you how much I want these AMAZING Asus 7600GT Video Cards, I wrote some poems for these beloved cards:

'ASUS my love, I think of you everyday,
                    my dear Video Card, your'e the answer to my pray,
                    without you, I can't live anymore,
                    please come to me, ASUS mon-amour'.

...And another one...

ASUS Video Card rocks,
                    because you can't tell about it any jokes.
                    You can find it in almost every PC box,
                    if you'll steal it, you may get yourself behind bars and locks.
                    But, no need to steal it, nor get on your knee,
                    just enter TweakTown and get it for free'.

And here are some more reasons why I deserve to win these two ASUS 7600GT Video Cards:

I suffer from artifacts and I don't live in a museum...

ATI cards SUCK and I don't need Vacuum Cleaner!

It will be my first sexual experience.

I like going to sleep with my eyes open!!!

TWO ASUS 7600GTs are special as a Blonde virgin!

Grandma has stolen my current Video Card.

II sseeee eevveerryytthhiinngg tttwwiiccee aanndd II nneeeedd aa cclleeaarr vviissiioonn.

I want to play "digger" in ultra-high speed!!!

I need to render myself.

Even a blind man can see the difference!

I've had enough of 2D nudity.
                    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

GOOD LUCK everyone!!!
                    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                    Last edited by zachig; 12-15-2006, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Since this post requires 200 words here are the other 133 words:
                      word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word

Comment

If I don't win the cards, I'll just have to steal a High Performance Liquid Chromatography system from the lab and move to Honolulu and live like an outlaw.
                        Last edited by Adagio; 12-17-2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I have severe upper back problems limiting my outdoor activity. My only get away from all suffering and pain emotional and physical is the web, technology and my gamming.
                          My last upgrade made a huge dent on my wallet and the bank. I was a bit (a bit hah who am I kidding more like very) greedy and went way overboard. (on the motherboard and the memory).

Even the thought of getting my mom a Christmas gift worries me. I am totally broke to buy anything.

Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

I'd sure like to get my hands on those video cards! As you can see from my signature the computer I now have is a bit outdated and has no good upgrade path. I'm currently looking at building a new system. Any thing that will reduce costs is greatly appreciated. Trying to convince my daughter and girlfriend that I need a new computer is a tough sell. My daughter seems to think that computers only need to be fast enough to run five or ten MSN chat screens. (What warped sense of humor decided that I was qualified to raise a teenage daughter?). My girlfriend is happy if a computer will do her online banking. Those silly females seem to think that food, clothing, and shelter are more important than a kick ass computer!

As a middle aged, overweight, balding man it is not easy to justify my gaming addictions! I often find myself loosing games to my girlfriend's brother instead of kicking his butt because his system leaves me in the dust. It is not easy loosing to a fellow who is fifteen years my senior. He has a better gaming budget than I do. This dude is almost sixty and he is beating the crap out of me! Dual Asus GeForce EN7600 GTs in SLI would go a long way to kicking the old guy's butt. Please help me kick an old man's ass!
                            Last edited by PrairieDawg; 12-18-2006, 11:54 PM.
                            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Instead of a made up or otherwise sob story, I've decided to send you an extortion letter.

And since a picture is worth a 1000 words, I'm already at 3000 words.

I've got 3 SLI boards which are crying out for sli cards

Place unmarked cards in an express post bag and mail to bendigo. If you fail to meet my demands, weird things will happen to your computer. (mind you meeting my demands won't help your computer, you do have windows installed )

Remember, I know where you live

(Actually I don't have clue where you are )

If you'd like to save on postage, I'll take all three sets of cards
                              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                              X