Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

My old P4 system had died after battling with me for 5 years. So it's time for another rig to battle for another few years. Seeing that hardcore games are so demanding and in view of new O.S Vista, it's time to conjure a rig that needs no polishing after a few years of battles down the road..

Unyielding loyalty to..
    ASUS P5N32-E motherboard bundled with Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz = $899

Fueling the power thirsty..
    Antec True Power Trio 650W = $225

For polar bears on your CPU..
    Zalman CNPS7700-Cu = $105

Stretching brain capablities..
    TwinCL Corsair PC5300 667mhz 1GB x 2 = $390

Absolute precision in gunning chicks...
    Razer Krait series gaming mouse = $42

Seeing blood, bots and boobs..
    Samsung SyncMaster 19" LCD = $335

Completing exams in a minute..
    Western Digital Raptor 74GB writing at 10000 rpm = $255

Caging the beast..
    Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO = $235

Make way for the new era..
    Paying rag-and-tag man to rid old system = $20

Total = $2506
    To save up for this rig, I will start to live on grass for the next 3 months.. BUT...

MasterCard says..
    Having a pair of free ASUS SLI cards so that I can use the $$$ saved to buy top games to play for the holidays = Priceless..

P.S: The prices stated are correct at time of posting and are in SGD. Poster takes no responsiblity in any discrepancies that you will encounter in using any information from this post.

Comment

Well, in actuality, these cards are not for me. I want to give them as a gift to my little brother, Kevin.

He just started college and bought a used car this Fall. Granted he's not entirely paying for school, but he's also not getting help from our parents either (exactly like how I am surviving through school myself). So in order for him to be able to afford his car, he is currently working 3 part time jobs in various retail stores in our town. Now with that said, he used to also be an avid PC gamer (particularly Counterstrike 1.6 and some times Source), but he has since been too busy working to finish paying off his car and too busy with school. When he does have free time and wants to game, he isn't left with a lot of choices as his computer is relatively old, comprising of an Athlon 2000+ based machine fitted with my old Radeon 9800 Pro. True, it's enough to play the two games mentioned, but as of late he has been having problems with overheating (and possibly a failing video) card as evidenced from his system freezing when he is in the middle of a game. This, among other reasons, has discouraged him from continuing with PC gaming in general. Not only that, he is slowly but surely crossing over to the "dark side" of gaming and embracing consoles - particularly XBox!

I've asked him why he doesn't try to save up to build a new rig after he finishes paying off the car. He says he has thought it over and really looked into doing it. However, he saw that it wasn't very feasible since it was going to be rather expensive (over $500) to build a new rig practically from scratch as it means getting a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply and video card(s). Out of all those parts, his main concern is the video card; especially with the prices of decent cards nowadays, seeing that they can easily cost 1/3 of the price of a system (if not more).

All in all, he's never really had a machine that was adequate within the generation it was built. Usually he would have some hand-me-down's from a few of my builds and whatever cheap parts he can get his hands on. I, myself, do not have a lot of money to my name either as I am a poor college student too. So I ask that Tweaktown and nVidia send me a couple of these 7600GT's to help me, in helping my brother, to start off his new PC build and bring him back to the PC side of gaming. I think this would make an excellent Christmas gift (better late than never) to brighten up his holiday and would serve to spark his interest to build his new rig.

Thanks for listening! Happy holidays everybody!

Comment

The reasons for my victory are simple :-
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) I am not allowed to play any High-End game because of this.
        3) I hate playing games at 640x480 resolutions with all the Eye-candy off which now I'm suffering from .

6) My mom is even worse than my dad.

8) I can let you have my old 6200 TC card in lieu of these two Asus EN 7600GT cards.
        9) I GET NO ALLOWANCE. EVER.
        10) I Love "Tweak Town " Forums more than myself.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Is there a little drop of water in your eye ? Please to hide that . I feel sympathised with you , that you have already made the right descition to give the cards to me.Don't worry,they are gonna look marvellous in my machine & you are gonna appreciate the look as well & I also promise you that I'll look after them just like my baby.

__________________________________________________ _
        Last edited by SUDIPTO83; 12-22-2006, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Well it would be the best thing to do, for such a troubled soul as myself, to allow me this great opportunity to finally be able to truly enjoy a video game.

Pong is the best compatible game for my integrated video system and now I have a chance to dance with the big boys, and I don't even have to sell myself on the corner or break into the neighbors house to get a quick 10 minutes game of Half Life 2 - Episode One before the lights come on.

My other neighbor across the street has such an annoying dog I just can't handle the distraction of him shredding my pants while I try to make it in their window.

Look at it this way , you will be doing my neighborhood a favor and finally quell the gaming burglar they have yet to nab.

Last edited by SO_APU; 12-20-2006, 10:16 AM.

Comment

A little Poetry for you :-
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has just promised me an electric pet,

I love good graphics and I love to see,

Thus I really need the Asus EN 7600 GT Cards in SLI,
            coz low frames per second just make me angry.

I guess it comes down to one simple fact;

Please send me this gift as soon as possible from ,
            The site that makes me feel happy and joyful and free. <o:p></o:p>

Show me your divinity and place me,<o:p></o:p>
            on the path of 3D gaming pleasure.<o:p></o:p>
            <o:p></o:p>

__________________________________________________ _____________

So, Dear Asus EN7600GT Cards,

Please come to live inside my computer, I will supply you with enough power.<o:p></o:p>

The CPU is warm and the Hard Drives are very quiet , you will display Movies and interesting 3D Games.<o:p></o:p>

No voltmod will be done to you so you will be dusted and clean.

The memories r there just to help (i know you wont need it...). So what do you say ?<o:p></o:p>

Come to your new home , it will give you a very good place to live your life. <o:p></o:p>

I really like/want/need to have u here.Come to mama.

<o:p></o:p> Yours only<o:p></o:p>
            Last edited by compuworld2k5; 12-22-2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

200 words? I could write 200 pages on how i could use these cards. Being a passionate Asus & Nvidia user the cards would be highly appreciated & enjoyed. I am not into hacked drivers or overclocking so great default performance is required to support my gaming appetite. I have not yet made the jump to PCI-E and winning this competition would most certainly allow me to afford the upgrade without making any sacrifices on quality. SLI is also the next logical upgrade path for me considering i only play cutting edge games.

Below is a list of my pre-loved computers. These two cards in SLI fit perfectly at the bottom of the list.

PC XT - CGA Monochrome (assume 64kb) ISA
              PC XT - EGA Monochrome (assume 128kb) ISA
              PC AT - 256k ISA
              IBM PS/2 - micro channel onboard VGA (assume 256k)
              512k ISA
              512k Vesa local bus
              1mb PCI
              4MB PCI
              8MB PCI
              12 MB Voodoo 1 PCI
              2x 12mb Sli Voodoo 2 PCI
              Asus p3v4x + GeForce 2 GTS 32mb DDR1 AGP 4x
              Asus p5p800 + GeForce 6600 GT 128mb DDR2 AGP 8x

Now, you know anyone who had owned a p3v4x and then bought another Asus mobo after that is a diehard fan. It was a quirky mobo and basically had a personality of its own. The p5p800 is its big-brother & i am happy to say ive never had a problem with it. Unfortunately i never got to use Asus video cards on either of these mobos but i have read many reviews indicating Asus make quality cards also.

What would happen to my old PCs if i won, you ask? I have an arcade machine which currently houses the p3v4x. It would come out to be replaced with the p5p800 and be used in a HTPC (home theatre PC).
              Now thats something to look forward to.

Happy Christmas!

Comment

I want to play games @ atleast 1024x768 resolutions with atleast some visual effects turned on. Please help me.Im so desperate to have these two babies in my machine so that I can finally give a Farewell to my Integrated Graphics.

Wishing all of u a very Happy Christmas & a prosperous New Year
                Last edited by TRINAC; 12-28-2006, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I spend most of my days playing with monkeys and orangutans. That makes me become more tarzanic and gives a feeling of beeing uncivilized.That is why I need something new and more civilized to play with.

With these SLI cards in my hand, I will give those monkeys and orangutans a new learning experience. This will make me and those monkeys and orangutans REEEALLLY HAPPY for sure!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my old 6200, Dated 31<SUP>st</SUP> December,2006

I will miss You my good old 6200
                  But you could not do
                  Decent frame rates with my latest games

Don't be angry
                  But I'm hungry
                  And your bigger sisters look so sexy

I would release u,
                  My ancient 6200 piece
                  To your well-deserved retirement

6200, my kids will take good care of you
                  You will get many friends new

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the EN 7600GTs, Dated 31<SUP>st</SUP> December,2006<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I need u both, Asus EN7600 GTs
                  I will feed u both
                  With the juicy power from my SMPS.

You'll have new home
                  And you'll not be alone
                  I will be there always to help u

To the Tweak Town, Dated 31<SUP>st</SUP> December,2006

you can have my sister!

Wait! You can have BOTH my sisters! (Sandra & Christy)

AND my wife !!! (Maria)

For these SLI cards,
                  I'll wear a blonde wig and you can call me Sandra(or Christy or
                  even Maria)

Hope u'll make the right descition .
                  Happy Christmas to u all

Last edited by sb2k5; 12-24-2006, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I never owned these SLI GPUs because I never had the money to buy them. I'm currently a student & a part-timer.

I love playing Computer Games but my GeForce PCX 5300 can only take me so far. My friend as a kind gesture bought me

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                    So, I want to win these SLI beauties so that I can finally play and enjoy some of the games that I own. Winning these two cards would be so awesome for me and extra special since it was won at Tweak Town.

U should give me these cards because

get $15 a week in allowance and begging is NOT an
                    option with my parents .

required to buy a DX10 graphics card .

C) I am currently using an MotherBoard which only has an
                    GeForce PCX 5300 Graphics & even the 2D games are
                    denying to run on this.

D) I need to win these sexy 7600 GTs because my
                    girlfriend wants me to stick something a little longer in
                    her PCI-E slots.Unfortunately, I only have a GeForce
                    PCX 5300. My girlfriend will be able to play for hours with
                    something as long as there r two of these Asus 7600GTs.
                    Last edited by OYE_BUBBLY2K5; 12-21-2006, 09:28 AM.

Comment

hi my name is kai, i live in indonesia.
                      i have a celeron 2GB with 256 RAM and 32MB nVIDIA VGACARD, yeah it just 32MB yet. i used it with an old game instead a newer game with compatibility of my pc. i'm have any plan to buy an 256MB vga card right now, especially on indonesian store. i dont have a budget to buy it. yes it very expensive, very expensive right now you know. or maybe i'll wait till the cost has more cheaper as i thought.
                      a new game most of them has a recomendation a 512MB RAM and 256MB vga card at least. once at a time i have played a winning eleven 9 on my friend's computer that has 256MB vga card inside. i look the game play smooth and faster, and WOW it was GREAT motion. i was dreaming to have it one. and till i found this thread, and you give me a hope.

YEAH I want that CARD !!! GOD please help me, rrr GOD where are you, i asking to you.

Comment

A Picture is worth 1000 words.A picture can express more than words.So, here it goes like this ...................
                        Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 02-14-2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

<o:p> </o:p>
                          I believe these cards should go to someone who cannot afford to buy them and I am one of them.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
                          I feel like I am living on disability pension for a long time
                          because
                          I have yet to make the final pay for the upgrade I did 10 months ago. so upgrades are few and far apart.<o:p></o:p>

I love High - End graphics intensive games but since childhood all that I have ever done is read about them &
                          in my entire life I only owned 2 PCs ,
                          Athlon Thunderbird 850 Mhz & a Sempron 2600+. <o:p></o:p>

Why ?? Cause I'm only a student & my parents philosophy is something like this :
                          " Old is gold so, if it works, then why do u need a new one ".<o:p></o:p>

So , high-end Graphics is like a wet dream for me. I have never had such powerful graphics subsystem and
                          probably never won’t be able to buy coz they are way to expensive for my thin wallet. <o:p></o:p>

When I saw my friend’s 7600 GT in action I came to know that how "fantastic"
                          this card can be in SLI. I’m a huge fan of Oblivion but can’t play. <o:p></o:p>

I own an Geforce 6200 at the moment. Sad but true. Students life is kinda like,“ Mental Sadomasochism ”.

Try Yourself playing anything with Sempron 2600+/512mb/ Geforce 6200 and You’ll see how

“ SMOOTH ” it is. <o:p></o:p>

So, a new couple of shiny speedy graphics cards would bring me much joy for many years to come
                          for sure.

Wishing a very Happy Christmas to all

Last edited by A7N8X_DELUXE; 02-14-2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

=============================================

Dear Judges,

Among so many entries, my submission might not stand a chance at all. There are a thousand and one reasons to give someone an Asus Gt7600GT, but are very few reasons why someone should deserve it.

I am a student, working in my holidays to earn some extra cash for a brand new computer. A new computer is something that I have wanted for a very long time. It is hard to describe how much I want it. I have been dreaming about it, months before my school closed and long before my end-term exams. I have fantasized about a blazing fast computer placed right in my own bedroom, even daydreamed about it in class. I have spent months and weeks (all this is really true, not a lie) researching recent technologies and planning every single component that goes into my own personal build.

Work life is tough, and at times, unbearable. The stress, the sweat, the effort, the reprimands. My desire for a new computer grows stronger everyday. Whenever there are difficult customers, or I can't close any sales for that day, it fuels me to go on. It drives me. Everything will be worth it I always remind myself, for it all culminates when I assemble my very first computer in a few weeks.

But even then, I still cannot afford a graphics card comparable to a 7600GT, much less 2. I do not earn enough and with my family to support, it would be a very long time before I save up enough to get 2 7600GTs.

The crux of a gamer's PC lies in his graphics card. It is undeniable. I would like to have these 2 cards so that I can assemble a blazing fast PC, one that can fully capitalise on the 7600's full potential and bring the best out of modern games. These 2 cards are the last piece of the puzzle to the computer I have been fighting so hard and dripped so much sweat for. The cards will complete and augment the computer I have been wanting for a very long time.

I have read so much about the SLI technology and I am really excited about it. I hope you can help this poor kid fulfill his dream.

Thank you!

Regards,
                            Yuka

===============================================

Note: This story is true, and so are its reasons.

Comment

SLI: A tandem of two midrange cards that outperform single cards.

Let me take you on how SLI was developed.

Did you know that SLI (back around 1998) originally meant Scan Line Interleave from 3dfx is a method for linking two (or more) Video cards or chips together to produce a single output. This was done through a ribbon cable, just like the floppy or the PATA cable. They soon developed Voodoo Generations, which is good for their buisness.

Unfortunately for 3dfx, The Voodoo 5 6000, a mass investment of time and money, never made it to market, due to a severe bug resulting in data corruption on the AGP bus on certain boards, and was limited to AGP 2x. It was thus incompatible with the the new P4 motherboards. Later tests proved that the Voodoo 5 6000 outperformed not only the Geforce 2 GTS and ATI Radeon 7200, but also the faster Geforce 2Ultra and Radeon 7500. In some cases it was shown to compete well with the Geforce 3, trading performance places with the card on various tests. However, the production cost of the card, particularly the 4 chip setup and 128 MB of VRAM, would have likely hampered its competitiveness.

In late 2000, not long after Voodoo 4's launch, several of 3dfx's creditors decided to initiate bankruptcy proceedings. 3dfx would have had virtually no chance of successfully contesting these proceedings, and instead opted to be bought by NVIDIA, ceasing to exist as a company. Most of the design team working on "Rampage" (the successor to the VSA-100 line) was transferred to the team working on what has since become the Geforce FX series.

When NVIDIA bought what was left of 3dfx, it inherited the SLI trademark and, in mid-2004, reintroduced the concept of using two cards to render a screen under the same acronym. However, NVIDIA's version of SLI has a different meaning and much more intelligence behind it, and modifying it to eliminate the unsightly ribbon cable and replacing it with the secret weapon: the SLI connector.

NVIDIA uses the term SLI to refer to scalable link interface. The scaling refers to load-balancing, which adjusts how much of the work each card performs to render a particular scene, depending on how complex the scene is.

Think of it as a divider line, that constantly moves. When the top half is mostly sky, the line moves to the bottom to balance loads for the card.
                              This gave the SLI a good, if not, great performance over single GPU platforms.

------------------------------------------------------------------
                              But, alas, on limited budget here i came...

One day in april, 14000 PhP (Around 280 USD) of cash is all we got for a new desktop. After some seeking at Greenhills, we found a cheep budget pc to replace my damaged laptop. It had an intel pentium 4 (506+) processor, a generic black case with a generic 325W PSU, ECS Elitegroup VIA P4M800-M7 micro-ATX, a generic DDR400 256MB of ram, a 40GB Samsung (Spinpoint?) and the worst, for my games at least: VIA Integrated GFX.

So, I got this thing back home and powered it on. On goes my Full Licence (Not OEM) version of Win Xp Sp 2 from my damaged lappy, the drivers, a copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted to check it all out.

This thing works, but pathetic. Even all the settings are killed and the Res was like 640x480 The FPS registered a measly 15 FPS on races maybe due to the Integrated GFX and the slow Pentium 4, the cars have jagged edges and the paint has no gloss, as if you painted it with poster paint. The loadtime (for a race) went like 5 minutes, probably from the hard disk was slow and the 256 MB of ram.

To ease my annoyances, i borrowed a copy of Warcraft 3 from a neighbor, then popped it in. The game runs fine, loadtimes, fps and performance, at the expense of killing all visual settings. There was like a soft skipping of sound, like a scratched cd, but fixed it with updated drivers for the integrated sound chip.

A few months passed by, and an opportunity came. Somewhere, a place named COMDDAP tent at The Fort, a tech expo was being held. It was like the Philippine version Of CES, but the expos are quite limited. There was a booth that lets you try out the Core 2 Duo tech on any choice of game. I Picked Most Wanted, and played great. The graphics and loadtimes were putting my benchmarks to shame.

After 30 minutes of free trial, i decided i will not go home without a dedicated GFX set (or card).

While my Dad was busy checking out his new cam, i deliberately searched the whole tent for an inexpensive GPU. I found PC Gilmore, a wholesale parts dealer they offered a radeon 9550SE, at price tag of 1800 PHP. I had 1900 at the time and the hook was set.

At 1800 PHP, or around 36 USD, I really thought it was a runway racer. A comp with an AGP 8X mobo, soon to get an AGP 8x GFX card, sounded good!

So, I got home, at last, and opened my comp up. A little metalwork surgery is needed because the cheapo Made in China case had problems on the small metal at the bottom and forcing it bended the radeon nervously, so i played safe, whipped out my pliers and forced out the tiny pip in the metal. Slide in the radeon, double check, slap on the side panel, and, nervously pressed the power switch at the thinking I did something wrong. Phew! it POSTed! I entered the BIOS, selected the AGP as the primary, disabled the integrated gfx so it wont share the 16 mb of ram, and installed the drivers.

After a reboot, i launched a game. Warcraft, to be exact. Suprisingly, the loaddtime improved only a negligible part, but after playing with the settings, i got it all maxxxed out at 800x600x32 with all the visuals to the max.

Very good! The game world was even greater, the sky was rendered exactly as i want it, the characters were almost alive (at least from my point of view though) and spells were rendered good!

Now for most wanted: Fair. I got the settings only a measly part. (640x480) The game wont cooperate once i touched the AA and AF so i have to accept the fact i have to bash them to zero.

Now, i finished Most Wanted and I am looking forward to buy NFS: Carbon. I think i am going to get one (as a gift) this holidays, but checking it out, It would be not good for this budget PC wielding a cheap radeon that cannot meet my gaming needs, and SLI, or Scalable Link Interface would be the way to go for my computer, and for the holiday gaming on my part.

I would really like and give thanks for the cards, and i hope you would make me a good candidate. I swear that these are true, since i never wanted to research for hours about SLI and turn out full of lies!

Anyway, for the readers:
                              Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon!
                              (Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!)

PS: Attached is a screenshot from my favorite game, Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Black Edition.) Shown at the bottom right is a yellow FPS counter, an annoying truth. So please, SLI come to me. I Have a great plan for a host of fans at the lower end pointing at you to keep you cool and healthy, i play in a room where the air rarely reaches 29 degrees. I Promise i will banish my Videocard overclocking utilities so you will not have a hard time.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Aguiluz; 12-26-2006, 07:55 AM. Reason: Missing Lines and paragraphs!

Comment

Why would anyone in their right mind give me two 7600GT cards to make an SLi? First of all they would have to be crazy in best possible way to do something like that! I am shore that I really need two 7600GT cards, because I'm a hardware freak. I guess it cannot hurt to have two behemots running side by side (or are we talking about graphic cards, I forgot). Not to mention that more is better. That was the crappy reason with a little bit of fantasy, now comes the fun part of needs and difficulties.
                                I think that I entered every damned giveaway that has ever been on this planet , and all I got was nothing!!! Well occasionally I got an "We are so sorry that you haven't won anything" e-mail. It is so annoying, like those prizes are determined yo miss me by a nautic mile! I think it's a high time I win something and since I'm building a new PC for gaming, this would be an ideal present for X-mas, New Year, and my birthday (wich comes on January 5th, feel free to send me a PM of best wishes, even better send those cards (graphic cards!!!) to my address). Not to mention that I would jump through hoops of fire for these two cards, I would do it in a split leap if I have to. I would not sell my sister (allthough it's not a bad idea) but I would clean my room (wich is far more difficult to do than selling sisters)!!!
                                Hope that this time 7600GT x2 won't miss me (smiley reflects prayer, not sleep, I won't be sleeping anytime soon)

I wish marry Christmas and a happy and succesfull New Year to everyone reading this and further around the world.

P.S. That was more than 200 words, I counted them myself, I just forgot the exact number!!!
                                P.P.S. I wear braces, glasses, and occasionally contacts and that is causing serious trauma, social issues and much discomfort. It would all go away and be easily forgettable if I got those 7600GTs.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, Crysis is coming and I'm not prepared!!!
                                Last edited by flexy; 12-25-2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X