Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Irochu; 12-24-2006, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

So here's my lifestory on gaming. Be warned that this will be fairly boring and needlessly sentimental and wordy, but I had time to kill when I wrote it, so I decided to follow through with more of an essay than a mere response. Here I go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am by no means a hardcore or a veteran gamer, since I play games only when I have the means and the time. When I do find the time out of college and life to play games, however, I enjoy playing them very much, as I have since I was very little - about age six or seven.
      <o:p> </o:p>
      It was actually my dad who introduced me to gaming, since he owned a computer store at the time and would periodically install some of the promotional titles he received from software companies on a his store's demonstration PCs. These were by no means actual games, since most of the titles were of the semi-educational and children's multimedia variety, but as a kid, I was at least intrigued by the novelty of vibrantly-animated graphics and responsive sound effects. My dad was even considerate enough to install some of the actual (non-educational) titles and thus introduce me to my first true 'gaming experience.' I remember playing a game called Raptor, which was in itself a top-down arcade shooter where I played a lone fighter pilot blowing through fleets of enemy aircraft. Again, the game's (at-the-time) visceral graphics, responsive sound, and fast-paced gameplay all had me hooked.
      Naturally, I sought out more and more exciting games to play, and inevitably became an avid gamer. That's not to say that I became addicted, however, since my dad, who had in fact brought me the world of gaming in the first place, was ironically very opposed to my newfound hobby (he feels it's a distraction to my studies) and thus reprimanded me whenever I played for too long. This did not deter me from playing games, though, as my dad's newly set restrictions only encouraged me to savor the few moments for gaming I was allowed.

I can actually remember begging my dad to let me play tetris on his bulky green-screened laptop, but as the years went by, my gaming repetoire expanded and evolved. I remember being scared and thrilled at the same time while playing Doom and Wolfenstein 3d, discovering the RTS genre in Warcraft, Command and Conquer, and Total Annihalation, learning the joy of levelling up in Diablo, being amazed by the story-telling and gameplay of Half-Life, and of course taking advantage of multiplayer in Starcraft (as well as Half-Life and all of its mods.. ftw CS!).. the list goes on.

I continued to play newer and better games with great enthusiasm, and up until a few years ago, I was able to enjoy them 'as they were meant to be played' (sorry for the copyright infringement, Nvidia!). In the past few years, however, I have been limited by my lack of time (e.g. college prep, getting into college, and then going to college), as well as my lack of gaming hardware (my dad installed a Geforce4 MX420 and a 1GHz AMD on the system he built me a few years back - the same one I now use for college). Since my dad hasn't been in the computer business for a decade, and since I have to pay for college on my own accord, cutting-edge components for a top-notch gaming computer haven't exactly been on my list of financial investments. So, even though my computer's motherboard doesn't support SLI (nor does it support PCI express x16 for that matter), receiving the pair of cards would give me more than enough incentive to upgrade (I'm considering a conroe and a new motherboard). Considering that I lack the ability to use the SLI feature, if I were to receive a pair of cards, I could do a few things: I could give one of the cards to my dad, to rekindle his enjoyment of gaming, or one to my little sister, so that she could sharpen her photo-editing and flash skills. Who knows, maybe my mom would even be interested in entering the gaming arena (although I can't imagine her playing WoW or FEAR anytime soon). As for myself, I know that I would love to actually be able to play CS Source on a decent resolution and frame rate.. *drool* ..I would finally be able to see my friends before(!) they shoot me! ZOMGOSH!!
      Anyways.. regardless of how my family would end up distributing this kind of gift, I would make sure that we would put it to extremely good use. I, in particular, would very much love to rediscover the wonder and excitement that I had enjoyed from gaming when I was still in gradeschool. Anyways, I'll stop boring you all with this long and cheesy telling of my gaming life. I really doubt I'm going to win anything with this, but thanks for reading, and happy holidays! <o:p></o:p>
      Last edited by xaglx; 12-31-2006, 02:04 PM.
      Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
      Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
      CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
      CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
      GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

i know that the chances are very slim to win but if it is really destined not to be mine then eventually even if i wrote a good story, it would still not be mine . so i thought...hmm? y not try? could safe me a alot as i have thought of purchasing a 6600gt! and 7600gt! Wow, is even better than a 6600gt.

so here i go...shorter than.....300 words? hmmm.....

act 1

Here i am, wondering on my bed.

act 1 = blank mind [.................] (thinking about how to save up to $100 as soon as possible as i get only $4 a day for school...maybe will not even get one.) then suddenly...won a 7600gt!!! Wooot![(blank mind)[at first] will burst and starts rolling like a thunderstorm!
        __________________ __________________________ _________________

Act 2

sitting on a chair in front of the computer screen looking at a price list

hmm...the price of a 6600gt is $100, i got $4 a day or maybe don't even get one....$4 is also meant for eating at school....

then suddenly i fell asleep..in my dream i found myself holding a 6600gt..carefully i unwrap the anti-static bag and install it into my pc. it works so perfectly that i cried in amazement while playing my favourite need for speed underground 2. soon i started to race my car like a champ when suddenly my car crashed and i saw my car flying into the air. suddenly i was awoke. Oh men...that was a dream huh...so here i am..still stuck on my onboard video.... pls make that wish of mine getting a 7600gt a reality, actually a 6600gt is enuff for me but since this contest is for 7600gt than that's a whole lot better! thank you >.<

Pls cry!!!

just joking hehehe

pick me! pick me as the winner

[F.Y.I] i just found out about this web around 4pm this afternoon =)
        Last edited by archeriko; 12-26-2006, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Here is my situation:
          I'm 18 and saving up to go off to college. I want to keep my debt down and in doing so, I can not afford to build a computer. Almost all my time is spent earning money or studying for school. Currently I am stuck with a Dimension 2400. This thing barely gets me by with daily studies. FPS are almost non-existant Here are my plans If I where to get those cards: 1. I would scrape up some money. 2. I would use as many components from the old Dell as possible to cut costs - hd, stock mouse and keyboard, and anything else I can salvage. 3. Since I don't need a super computer with SLI, I would sell one of the cards to get money to purchase other components.

It would be really great to get one of the most expensive components out of the way.

As ALWAYS, I love this forum. I've learned a lot from you guys and gals. I've posted here for about a year and a half, which is a lot more than those who posted 1 time and on just this thread.

I wish everyone best of luck and I hope you have Happy New Year!

Comment

I've recently become a serious gamer and I am totally hooked. Here's the problem, I've got a crappy graphics subsystem. I consider myself a pretty good gamer, but due to video card issues I'm dead long before I see my opponents. I think my best FPS has been maybe 24 with an average of about 12-14. I don 't need to tell you that playing online with a 14 FPS is like sending a letter by mail to my friends and family. It's incredibly excuciating. I'd buy one in a heart beat, but alas money is tight and can't afford to buy a new card. Please help a brother in arms fight the good fight and actually get my frag rate a bit better.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Help me out & provide me these two Asus EN 7600 GTs so that I can fulfill my dreams of playing 3D games at atleast some decent frame rates.I think u would not mind me doing that.would you ?

Wishing all a very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2007
            Last edited by OPARBANGLA; 12-28-2006, 09:36 AM.

Comment

shouldn't we have the winners by now?
              and since the comp was supposed to awarded by xmas, anyone who posted after that shouldn't be eligble (just trying to increase the odds of me winning)
              Last edited by Kheldar; 12-28-2006, 06:35 PM.
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldar View Post
                shouldn't we have the winners by now?
                and since the comp was supposed to awarded by xmas, anyone who posted after that shouldn't be eligble (just trying to increase the odds of me winning)
                "The giveaway contest will end on 31st December 2006, any entries after this will not be considered."

It's write in the rules, on the first post, by Mr. Tweak.
                Intel Core2Quad Q6600 [email protected] on Zalman 7700cu
                4Gb DDR2 1000 G.Skill Pi Black Series 5-5-5-12 Dual Channel
                HIS HD5770 IceQ 5 Turbo 1GB 950/5740
                Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
                HD Seagate 500Gb 7200.11 SATA II NCQ 32Mb Buffer
                Akasa Pax Power PSU 500w Active PFC
                Akasa Zen Case
                Samsung 2233rz 120hz
                Logitech G15 V1 Keyboard
                Mtek Extreme Gaming Mouse

Comment

Hi there,

I'm a gamer. And I have a girlfriend. Yes, you read right. And, to top that off, she is NOT a gamer. How is our relationship, you say? Well, it's really hard to compromise on the time that I put towards her, and on that towards my gaming.. as both really do deserve my attention. One gives me fun, and the other gives me fun. No, I'm not trying to be perverted (since the italicized "fun" CLEARLY indicates PERVERT), but I'm trying to make a point - my experiences with my girlfriend are obviously different than those with my gaming, but both are positive and enjoyable in their own unique ways. So how am I supposed to find a middleground for gaming and girlfriend, you say? Well, I don't. My girlfriend has taken over my life completely, and I can't get a wink of gaming in without her coming over and distracting me from my PRECIOUS GAMING TIME by smothering me with repulsive hugs and kisses, using my computer to look at her myspace or facebook, or to do some preposterous assignment from some ridiculous class called "ORGANIC CHEMISTRY 101" to fulfill some random GE for some bizarre thing called a degree.

Sorry for the sarcasm, there - unless you really don't like women or something, but anyways, here's what I mean to say..

I love my girlfriend to death, but I have in fact given into her, and between work and college, I haven't had the chance to play any sort of real game since I met her about two years ago. Recently, however, I've made a stand to her that I really want to play games and that I can't spend ALL my free time with her for fear of LOSING MY GAMER SOUL. So, she agrees - I score myself a few hours of "whatever-I-want-to-do-by-myself-it's-find-by-her" time, and I am READY TO GAME. Pretty sweet deal, huh? Not so, my friend!

I go to borrow my colleague's copy of F.E.A.R. - a game I have wanted to play since I first saw it in a magazine, and fired it up on my comp. What do I get? 14 fps. Max. On lowest possible everything, resolution, settings.. yes, it is as some say... "the pee in the poo."

Alright! I guess you know where TweakTown comes in right about now..
                  I thought I scored one for the guys by getting my gametime back from my the clutches of my girl.. But now I haven't got the hardware to make use of it. I might as well hand in my ***** as well.

WHAT AM I SAYING??! I SHALL DO NO SUCH THING.

2xASUS EN7600GTs TO THE RESCUUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!1_________________________ Please.

Comment

Using onboard video just exudes embarrassment. As a humble computer user I have never been blessed with the capacity to enjoy such delightful and entertaining gaming gratification. The perils of raising two children detract from the more arresting things in life.
                    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                    I think I deserve these graphics cards because of my patience, I have been saving up for a gaming PC for many years, and I still can't afford one because of the really high prices of computer hardware (which have ruined my gaming dreams as well) . It took me 4 full years to accumulate some parts for a new PC and I must say, a pair of 7600 GTs in SLI would be a wonderful jump in performance. I could sell my 6600LE and put that $ towards something more useful ( another step closer to an AM2 build ).

You guys are holding an awesome give-away just for our sake .I have never owned a gaming PC and I just hope I win so I can finally get rid of my Socket 754.These Graphics cards could give a leg up to my next build, and I'll be thankful to TweakTown if I win.

Happy New Year 2007 to All

Comment

Honestly <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                      I don't know how can I beat that stories, songs and even forces of outside of this world (hypnotists) :-)<o:p></o:p>
                      I just wanted to say I cannot afford any of the new stuff from new hardware. Since I recently bought a flat, so next 20 years my income is pretty much wasted :-(<o:p></o:p>
                      But hey at least I'll have something to live in when I'll retire. Yey.... but I'm surely not going to live like a priest until that. Hey recently I got Warhammer - Dark crusade came out, and my 6600gt is slowly but surely dying on me. But I didn't come here to complain since it looks like most of the people here have old-centuries ago graphic cards.<o:p></o:p>
                      Main reason because I think that I should win those 7600gt's is because I've always been faithful to Nvidia, and this contest would be great for continuing this tradition :-)<o:p></o:p>
                      I've never even plugged in (and was being harassed by my friend who always liked Ati-until now I really don't know why), on any of my old and current computers any Ati-based graphic cards. From agp times of riva tnt, geforce 2mx, geforce ti4200 & geforce fx5600. I must admit that my last choice (fx 5600) was one of the hardest, since generation 5*** had major trouble with performance/heat and finally price of it. I decided not to plug any of the Ati based cards no matter what, and I must admit I was unable to play much of those FPS back then, and soon afterwards Nvidia released (luckily) geforce 6600gt pci-e.<o:p></o:p>
                      So that the card I'm currently using and pretty much everything works o.k. but just that those never games are really (like new Warhammer expansion) hungry for new (at least)7600 or stronger GPU chips.<o:p></o:p>

Not to mention the fact that I'm currently using asus silent square cpu cooler & Asus (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Conroe</st1:City> capable) motherboard, which is waiting for me to plug in new <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Conroe</st1:place></st1:City>. <o:p></o:p>
                      So those two Asus components would surely like to hang out with two 7600gt twins! Hey it's almost New 2007, and family should always stick together!! :-)))<o:p></o:p>
                      That's all from me for now<o:p></o:p>
                      Bye<o:p></o:p>
                      And happy new year to all of you people..<o:p></o:p>

Comment

There r other reasons as well that u should give these SLI beasts to me :--
                        • Cause I love PCs but don't have a high-end one.
                        • Cause i build all of my friends pcs, i help them with buying decisions, recommend them parts and stuff like that, just to be around computers.
                        • My current graphics sucks & these cards would make my graphics yummy .
                        • And I think I love you guys .
                        So, it would be great if u consider me as a winner so that I can play games with atleast some decent frame rates & I can save my money for an AM2 .

PS: I just want to play games at more than 2fps!!!!!! o yeah and did i mention please ?.....................

<o:p>Wishing Everybody a Very Happy New Year</o:p>
                        Last edited by LIVIN_DIGITAL; 01-05-2007, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Dear TweakTown,

I Will Transfer $ 980,006,200 Upon Receipt Of the two graphics cards.The two cards we require are the Asus EN7600GTs.The more u can send is better but please do send atleast 2 of them.Only one will not be able to provide that necessary firepower to the Royal Computer.

Please Send The Cards Via any reputed courier company only As The Superstitious Local People Are Mortally Afraid Of Black Vans With Yellow Logos And Will Scatter Immediately.

Our Royal phone Number is :- +99999999 888888888 777777777 (Extension 666666 lines)

Thanking You
                          Royal Family Asia
                          Last edited by TOMBRAIDER-AOD; 12-31-2006, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Full Scene Anti-Aliased 3D games.Frankly speaking, I would loved to be a recipient of such magnificent piece of hardwares.I've never been converted into a complete gamer because my inbuilt video have always let me down & ruined my 3D lust. I can get playable levels, on games like

If u provide me these cards I can assure u that , It will be looked after in the most lovingly tender fashion.It would be resigned to a most dire fate of integrated video.

If u give me these cards ,you will be making a generous contribution to the gaming community which I also wanna be a part of.

Please revive the inner gamer in me and pimp my computer! So, please please let me win so i can see what true graphics are like.

Last edited by SRCFCK0637; 12-31-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Though I need these graphics cards very badly but i think ,my father should win these more than me.He has recently retired and is trying his best to upgrade the family computer.We have bits done already but he really can't afford a good GPU, neither can I.

I would post pictures of his face if I get to win these cards.
                              I may have a slim chance in winning, but its worth a try to see if I can give something to him.

So, it would be a perfect gift for our family if we get to win these SLI stuff.

Comment

Well , I am a humble student & a part-timer who too does have a sad story, but begging will hurt my knees. So all I have to say is if I won this card then it will force me to upgrade this ageing system and my games will have someone or two to play with .

getting pwned meant ". My computer basically sucked and by the time I reacted to a threat or enemy I was history, it was to my finding that the lame video card I purchased would not work well enough to engage my fellow gamers.

I really wanted to purchase a high end graphics card but after spending my savings on building this system I didn't have anything left. So I worked extra hours overtime, weekends trying to get enough money saved up to purchase a reasonable graphics card like atleast a 7600GS/GT . Well, one day while working a 13 hour shift I blacked out at my desk, and was awaken by the ringing of my phone. I found myself in a pool of sweat, heart racing, cold and clamy(and No I was not looking at porn on the net). The supervisor called a fellow employee to my office who took me to the hospital. Where later I found that I had suffered a stroke and lost half of my heart muscle. I now have a defibulator on my heart to help jump start it if I pass out again. So, now I can't work as much as I used to, money is tight, and just getting by.

A new SLI set which consists of two Asus EN7600GTs would really make my life a little easier, knowing that I will still be around to show these guys that working yourself too much can hurt you. Having a good graphics card would help keep my stress down on my heart knowing that with these cards I wouldn't be getting "pwned" as much as before!
                                Last edited by KILLING-MACHINE; 01-05-2007, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X