Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Even after reading and re-reading both Mr. Tweak's post and his PM to me, I still can't believe that I actually won TWO WHOLE ASUS EN7600GT GPUs!!! I keep thinking it's a dream or that I'm hallucinating.. but no, it's real! It's actually real!! All I can say is.. Thank You, Mr. Tweak and Tweak Town. I just told my Mom, Dad and Sister that I won, and they all congratulated me! They're happy too since they'll most definitely be getting half of the prize!
    Thanks again, and I'll be visiting often!
    Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
    Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
    CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
    CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

Also, congratulations to AMDATHALONFX and Prairiedawg! Good job guys, we did it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
        Actually I love all your feedback and I think from now on it will be a requirement to have a minimum number of posts (maybe 25) and have been registered to the forums for at least one month.

What do you guys think?
        Yeah, it sounds like a great idea to me!!!

Anyhow, CONGRATS to AMDATHLONFX, PrairieDawg and xaglx !!!

Comment

congrats to the winner

I am jusy unlucky as usual Jerks always finish last

Comment

It seems that PrairieDawg has not yet seen that he has won.Log in dude n get surprised.

Thanks guyz.We r gonna cherish this moment forever 4 sure.

Comment

Aw, you're not a jerk, Grim Reaper! You offered me advice on my post about memory! That makes you a good guy in my book. :)

Comment

I'll be posting the pictures of my Asus EN7600GTs whe I receive it.Sad, that I'll not be able to use even 1 of them coz my machine supports AGP but obviously I'll upgrade my current rig but that'll take some time.

How about a Nforce 680i/600a SLI board giveaway ? Just kidding but it'll be a superb giveaway.

Your previous Gigabyte giveaway was superb.The DQ6 board is an extreme performer & overclocks very well.

I have two questions :-
                --------------------------------------------------
                1.Some websites r claiming that 975x also supports SLI.Is that true ?

2. Do we have to use the SLI bridge on 975x mobos to use SLI coz 975x doesn't come with ne SLI bridge.Only an Abit 975x comes with an SLI bridge.
                Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-08-2007, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Hacked drivers will make it work on the 975X boards. I won one of the Gigabyte DQ6 boards (wOOOOt!!) and it too will run SLI with hacked drivers. I am saving up for another GS as we speak.

Actually I love all your feedback and I think from now on it will be a requirement to have a minimum number of posts (maybe 25) and have been registered to the forums for at least one month.

What do you guys think?
                  That is a great idea. It's not that newbies shouldn't have any chance to win, but they should honestly make some sort of commitment to be at least occasionally active on the forums to enter contests. Congrats to all the winners as well, at least one regular won again (like me last contest).
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                  Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                  Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate
                  Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
                    Hacked drivers will make it work on the 975X boards. I won one of the Gigabyte DQ6 boards (wOOOOt!!) and it too will run SLI with hacked drivers. I am saving up for another GS as we speak.

Thanks but do u have ne idea about where can I get these hacked drivers.One of my friends is facing such problem.He does have an MSI Platinum PowerUp Edition 975x board on which he wants to run two 7600GS in SLI.I think we can also run SLI using 2 different companies chipset.I mean an Asus 7600GS & an XFX 7600GS or we need to buy from the same vendor to run SLI ?

Comment

Intel is going to slash their CPU prices by 40% on 2007 Q2.

The E6600 will be a much better deal I think.

Xaglx don't forget to post the pictures of ur 7600GTs when u receive it. I'll too.Enjoy ur new mobo.
                      Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-08-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

How come I've never heard of some of those processors? e6420? e4300?

Comment

Originally posted by xaglx View Post
                          How come I've never heard of some of those processors? e6420? e4300?

Xaglx, u've never heard of some of these coz they've not yet released but planned to release somewhere in 2007.Note the model numbers which finishes with 20,will have a 4MB cache.

If u wanna know more, go here :-
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Congrats to those winners!

Anyways, I can't wait until the new Core 2 cpu's come out. They sound like solid performers, but are priced fairly.

Anyways, I totally agree with Mr. Tweak's suggestions for the contest guidlines.

Here are some of the things I have seen and some things I agree with:

-Minimum join time - atleast a month

-Minimum posting - atleast 25 - must be relevant and posts in the sections not about computers, Off Topic, should not be counted.

-Everything that Casecutter said

I think that this is a great forum and those who help others with their valuable tips and reccomendations should be rewarded - Members, Senior Members, and Administrators.

Comment

wow that 6320 has 4mb of L2, but costs the same as the e6300! Aww I should have just waited for the upgrade.. maybe I'll sell my 6300 right before those release.. but that $530 price tag for the quad core looks mighty tempting..
                              Last edited by xaglx; 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM.

Comment

What do you guys think?

I think thats a good idea, but I'd still have comps open to general public as well, that way you get more people into the forums, maybe have better prizes for the regulars

I think the minimum posts should be 1,426.

One problem with the minimum post count at 25 - it'll encourage PP (pointless posting) - you'll have to include some sort of condition to eliminate that.
                                http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                                X