No announcement yet.

Nv30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've read the yields could be extremely low, initially around 10-15% because of the 0.13 micron process.

Comment

Yields have been a prob for nVidia since just before the GF4 launch (which was late too) which is why nVidia is slowly getting later and later with their products. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

and because of this delay Nvidia is realeasing more geforce 2 and geforce 3 based video cards under the geforce 4 name. Just so they can stay in the "current" before NV30 blows the world away.

Comment

Ok about how much is the NV30 going to be past the Radeon 9700? But here's the better question: When will games support such high graphics? I mean there are no real games out now that say a geforce3 cant play quite well. Except in the terms of FPS how is the NV30 going to be able to "Blow Away" the Radeon? And in the terms off FPS how many more is it going to get over the Radeon? 15-40? or what?

Comment

Well I saw some "leaked" benchamarks and the looks of NV30 has about 3 or 4 times the power. That is what I mean by "blow away" or "serious raping" anyway the only real way to tell is to wait for them to come out. Knowing Nvidia it will be a serious card.

Comment

Some leaked benches have the NV30 as far in front of the 9700 as the 9700 is in front of a GF4 Ti4600 but how accurate they are I can't really say but the same site was pretty accurate for the 9700 though. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

As long as it makes everything else cheaper, it's great. It loks like more overkill, but I want it anyway.

Comment

No matter what the PR says, I personally think that Nvidia was a little suprised at the performance and acceptence of the 9700, and they probably decided they had to extend the features and capabilities of the NV30 after they thought they were done with the design. And if they are having any driver issues with the new stuff, I doubt they will release until they are resolved, considering all the flack ATI caught with the 8500 drivers.

Comment

The NV30 pushes beyond DX9, which is why Microsoft are releasing DX9.1 in early 2003.
                    Will Rockstar design the PC version of GTA Vice City around DX9, this would make one serious game.
                    But you're right, I don't think there are any games due that can push either the 9700 to NV30 to their limits. (UT2003?)

Comment

GTA and Doom 3 are the only games that will be able to even scrape their limits. I think that the graphics cards are developing too fast for the current video game manufacturers can handle...

Comment

What will the NV30 be called?
                        Geforce 5, Videoforce, Rampage, Annihilator, any ideas?

Comment

GTA and Doom 3 are the only games that will be able to even scrape their limits. I think that the graphics cards are developing too fast for the current video game manufacturers can handle...
                          I dunno. So far Morrowind has been extremely tough to play with a good framerate, that of course with every options on. Turning Shadows and view distance on really kills most systems.

Comment

With the NV30 launch confirmed for next month, what memory will Nvidia be using, DDR 2 isn't available yet is it?
                            ATI are considering the use of GDDR 3 on their future cards, this is a high bandwidth memory designed for graphics applications.

Comment

According to PC Games, a German website.
                              After the NV30 is launched, Epic will be releasing a patch that allows UT2003 to be played in "Ultra High Detail".

Comment

Originally posted by FlipMoeJack
                                I dunno. So far Morrowind has been extremely tough to play with a good framerate, that of course with every options on. Turning Shadows and view distance on really kills most systems.
                                Game makers would have NO trouble bringing the fastest PC in the world to its knees... Remeber they have to make games that the majority of people can actually play. If everyone had R9700's, then games would be far more detailed, and far more demanding on system resources

Comment

Working...
                                X