X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here ya go :devil win

Comment

Cheers Wiggo

Can't wait to get my hand's on one of these, the first versions, the Geforce 5800, and the 5800 Ultra should be available
      by the end of January 2003, but no word on the cost.

Preview NV News (link updated)

Comment

Speculation atm is $500us. :eek:

Comment

Nv30 made an apperance at Comdex the one at the show had a HUGE copper heatsink on the Ram and also it took up 2 slots on the mother board.Reason being that the cooler blows air out the back of one of the pci slots.This is one heavy duty video card!

Comment

This setup is similar to Abit's, except OTES draws air from within the case, and expells it through an external port in
            the mounting bracket.
            Nvidia's version draws and expells air through two external ports, which are also located in the cards mounting bracket.
            Personally I prefer Abit's cooler, and with OTES 2 just around the corner, there will be further improvement.

Comment

Mine's a Hercules 3D Prophet FX 5800 Ultra, what make and version will you buy?

Comment

I am not to sure which version I will get.I think I will wait a bit to see all the different ones then decided.

Comment

Nvidia chipset release's

1998.23.03 Riva TNT
                  1999.15.03 Riva TNT2
                  1999.31.08 Geforce 256
                  2000.26.04 Geforce 2
                  2000.14.08 Ultra update
                  2001.27.02 Geforce 3
                  2001.01.10 Titanium update
                  2002.06.02 Geforce 4
                  2002.25.09 Agp 8x update
                  2002.18.11 Geforce FX (paper release)

Based on these facts, I'd say the original release date was Feb/Mar 2003, so assuming it's available in January, then really it's early.

Comment

The actual release date was August/September this year but due to manufacturing problems has been greatly delayed (was to be out to greet 8x AGP motherboards to market but sadly went the other way). ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Just did this pic to see what an FX would look like with a standard cooler, not suggesting for
                      one minute that this is enough to keep the 500mhz chipset within it's temp range.
                      (Sorry but I've had to cut down the image size and quality for it to load at a sensible speed)

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                        1999.31.08 Geforce 256
                        2000.26.04 Geforce 2
                        2000.14.08 Ultra update
                        2001.27.02 Geforce 3
                        Where you say "ultra" update, you actually mean MX update. The GeForce2 Pro and the GeForce2 Ultra were released simultaneously, the update was the release of the GeForce2 MX200/400 and the name change of Pro to GTS. About the same time th Ultra was exceptionally hard to find because nVida moved some of the chip producing plants that made the Ultra over to the MX. Where did you get that table anyway?

It doesnt matter when the FX comes out, the only date in my mind will be the release of the FX update, thus lowering the price of "old" technology GFFX's.

[EDIT]
                        Originally posted by weta
                        not suggesting for
                        one minute that this is enough to keep the 500mhz chipset within it's temp range.
                        and to that i say .13 micron fab process. If done correctly wil be much easier to negotiate heat with. Possible overclock will be much better too. Lets just hope nVidia keep the same HSF mounting designs that they had in the GF4 in the GFFX. That way the aftermarket HSF'f used for the GF4 can be used on the new core, making upgrading easier to OC, and allowing the tried and true HSF's to be used rather than going to newer HSF's that may not work aswell. (like theres really that much of a science to it that a manufacterur could screw it up)

Comment

The reference card has mounting holes for this hsf, so the production cards should too.
                          Nvidia's manufacturing partners generally stay pretty close to their original reference design.
                          My favourite version of this cooler is made by Thermaltake (see below)

Comment

Prices

$399.00 (USD) GeforceFX 5800
                            $499.00 (USD) GeforceFX 5800 Ultra

Time to start saving

Comment

More FX previews

Anandtech
                              Beyond 3D
                              Toms Hardware

Comment

ATI R350 (update)

Name, Radeon 9900 (originally 10000)
                                Process, 0.13 (originally 0.15)
                                Memory, DDR2
                                Release, Feb/Mar 2003

If this is true, ATI could soon have a faster chipset than Nvidia's FX, bring on the NV35.

Comment

Working...
                                X