Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More FX info,

Digit-Life has a good article on the Geforce FX
    Tests carried out in Nvidia's Labs have seen FX chipsets from sample batches clocked up to 600MHz
    and in some cases even higher (source: PC Rave)
    Nvidia are planing to give the first public performance of their Geforce FX card during CPL Winter Event
    in Dallas, Texas, 18/22 Dec (source: NV News)
    Production chipsets should be shipped to Nvidia's Launch Partners at the beginning of January, cards
    should start appearing in the following 2/3 weeks.

Comment

Nvidia's NV30 graphics chip has begun small-volume test production at TSMC's Fab 6. (Digitimes)
      A second revision of the NV30 is just around the corner, and it will be this chipset that is put into mass production. (NV News)

Comment

Nvidia to demo the NV30 during a joint press conference with TSMC on the 12/12/02. (Digitimes)
        Geforce FX Regular 400/900MHz core/memory with standard cooler.
        Geforce FX Ultra 500/1000MHz core/memory with Flow Thermal Management cooler. (Reactor Critical)
        Nvidia may allow add-in manufacturers to release a limited number of FX cards in January, with the
        card becoming more widely available during February.

Comment

The soon to be released Detonator 41.34 drivers have been designed with the NV30 (Geforce FX) in mind. (NVP)

Comment

This is part of an article over at Bjorn 3D.

"Looking ahead, R350 and 400 are expected to be out this spring. ATi is betting the R400 will be an FX killer.
            So where does this leave Nvidia? Since they work with 3 teams working on an 18 month schedule leapfrogging
            each other, there should be an NV35 that is done if you look at the time lines, and NV40 should not be that
            far behind. So they could release FX, and then if need be, release NV35 fast if ATi does grab the lead with the
            R400. This could make them king again, but you now have a short lived card that will not make the board makers
            happy again. And the PC guys will not be happy with that move either. I would not like to be the guys who have
            to make the decisions at Nvidia on what to do about all this"

To read the full article click here.

Comment

Part of an article over at the Virtual Zone, originally reported by Japanese site Impress

0.13 micron on 300mm wafers
              Die size of 200mm2 (estimated0
              Consume up to 35 watts

The initial cost of NV30 is expected to be high due to the cost of 10 layers PCB and use of 500Mhz GDDR-II but its performance
              is expected to be much better than current R300. The high core clock of 500Mhz is attained due to new process technology
              (0.13 micron using copper wiring) as well as using new package technology (Flip chip package). The NV30 GPU requires a special
              copper heat pipe cooling unit to cool effective. The current memory frequency of 1Ghz could further improve another 40-50%
              (700-750Mhz GDDR-II) at some point next year. The cost of a NV30 card can be lowered further when shifted to 8 layers PCB in
              the future. The earliest possible retail version of NV30 cards (GeForce FX 5800 and 5800 Ultra) will be out by January 2003 from
              MSI and Leadtek.

Comment

UK site Special ReserveSparkle GeForce FX

Comment

It won't just be Creative that will have Nvidia GeForce FX (NV30) graphics cards out by the end of the month, according
                  to reliable sources in the distribution channel.
                  By the third week of January, distributors told the INQUIRER that a number of different vendors will have units up for sale,
                  suggesting the silicon is stable.

Read the article

Comment

Read more

Comment

You are determined to chew this to the end arn't ya? :D

Comment

Hey, I've just posted the information as I've found it, blame Nvidia for dragging out this launch, not me.
                        Anyway, all the best with the move, and I hope your wife and son are both on their way to a full recovery, good luck for 2003.

Comment

Thanx m8 and the same 4u in '03 as well.

Oh btw I have a private bet goin' on when ya'll stop. ;)

It's on whether ya stop when they hit the shelves or when one's in ya rig. :devil:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                            Thanx m8 and the same 4u in '03 as well.

Oh btw I have a private bet goin' on when ya'll stop. ;)

It's on whether ya stop when they hit the shelves or when one's in ya rig. :devil:
                            Thats a funny bet...:laugh:
                            - Damien

Comment

Hey I'm bettin' he won't till he does the benches himself and reports the facts then that will bring this thread to a climax. ;)

Damn there are some sick perverts around here. :D

Comment

(Wiggo, I wasn't intending to go quite that far, but then I wouldn't want you to lose your bet mate) :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X