Nv30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick
    Game makers would have NO trouble bringing the fastest PC in the world to its knees... Remeber they have to make games that the majority of people can actually play. If everyone had R9700's, then games would be far more detailed, and far more demanding on system resources
    I think thats going a bit far, and could probably only really be done with a whole bunch of extremely slopping coding.

Comment

So your basically saying that ID software has a bunch of sloppy coding?

Comment

:rolleyes2, I dunno. But anyway I think that I willk be happy with my Radeon for awhile.

Comment

Another article on the NV30, 400mhz vpu and 128bit memory according to The Inquirer. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5794

Comment

Yeah you will be happy with radeon for a while. But I think the NV30 will blow the radeon out of the water.....but you wont notice the difference until games come out that can take advantage of the hardware ( which might be a while!)

But 400mhz....that is sick, sick I say. Absoulutely sick. I still remeber the day I got my p2 300Mhz, and thinking it was badass. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
              So your basically saying that ID software has a bunch of sloppy coding?
              No, but its also not going to follow nicks statement.

Comment

Well ya but you gotta understand something. There are companies out there that do have the capablilities of bringing down current computer hardware to its knees. ID is a number one example of this. Every release they have ever come out with has brought down PC hardware to a crawling state. Except for maybe return to castle wolfenstien as it is based on the Quake 3 engine but does have better graphics I will give it that. But the original Doom series bogged down the 86 family (286 386 486) The entire aquake series did it as well. As for quake 3 which is now a more then 3 year old game. Is STILL to this very day used for benchmarking and system stability tests. MFG's all over are STILL using the Quake 3 engine has a development platform for there games. EA did it with MOH. Just think a more then 3 yera old game has all this power. You won't even beginn to remotly imagine what Doom 3 will have the power to do. Its supposed to replace the Quake 3 engien and quake 4 will be built upon its technologies. I guess that's if ID still owns the quake rights as I heard it was sold to raven software. IMHO doom 3 will probably give a Pentium 4 2.8GHz and an NV30 a good run.

Comment

According to The Inquirer, the NV30 will use DDR II memory clocked at 1000mhz.
                  This has to confirm that the NV30 will be a Jan/Feb 2003 part, with the possibility of a very small amount of cards being available for Christmas.

Comment

I didn't know about the DDR2 part but ya that long time from now is exactly right. That's why Nvidia is releasing more geforce 2 and geforce 3 based cards as geforce 4 cards by the holiday's. Just to stay in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                      According to The Inquirer, the NV30 will use DDR II memory clocked at 1000mhz.
                      This has to confirm that the NV30 will be a Jan/Feb 2003 part, with the possibility of a very small amount of cards being available for Christmas.
                      That would be terrible marketing doing that... For some reason I have a hard time belieivng that.

Comment

You're right, they must have at least one version of the NV30 on the shelves at Christmas, otherwise they'll look like muppets
                        But I can't see it being the 400mhz version with the 1000mhz DDR II memory. It might be the 350mhz version with 800mhz memory.
                        I hope I'm wrong, I'm desperate to upgrade my existing Hercules Prophet II GTS. (I could always buy a 3D Prophet 9700pro instead)

Comment

In an interview with Florence Shih, Sales and Marketing Director of Abit, Virtual Zone asked her when they (Abit) would be launching their NV30 card.
                          Her answer, Nvidia is expected to annouce the NV30 at Comdex, and we will announce ours too at the same time. An Abit NV30 with OTES 2 cooling,
                          thats gotta fly..................................... http://www.vr-zone.com/Interviews/ABIT/

Comment

There are a couple of articles at PC Rave that I think relate directly to the NV30.
                            1. Yesterday ATI demonstrated a Radeon 9700pro running on DDR 2 memory.
                            2. Microsoft are now saying that DirectX9 may not come out until next year.
                            Microsoft/Nvidia have worked very closely on this program, so Nvidia wouldn't be to happy if it
                            was released before they had a product ready to support it, especially when ATI has.

Comment

Of course, in order to keep the word that was given to investers, the company may sell 500 to 1500.............

Comment

Are you ready? Link

Comment

Working...
                                X