No announcement yet.

Nv30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently samples of the NV30 chip were passed on to some of Nvidia's board partners last week.
    Also, Beyond 3D has a very good article comparing the R300 and NV30, goes into great depth. Link

Comment

Nvidia's ARE YOU READY? links have been updated again.

Are you ready? now includes a pretty cool screensaver Link
      Re, PASSWORD, clue, What does Nvidia's processor, TNT, stand for?
      Are you ready? (Movie) Link

Geforce, Geforce 2, Geforce 3, Nforce, Geforce 4, Nforce 2, Vforce FX, just a thought.

Comment

Nvidia Geforce Mania's Day

More NV30 facts

1. 125m transistors (10m more than the 9700pro)
        2. 51,000,000,000 floating point operations per second
        3. Increased performance, more than 2x the Geforce 4 4600ti
        4. 3D real-time cinematic rendering

Technoa have loads of slides on their site, taken from the presentation
        Link see news, click on Nvidia Mania's Day

Comment

I heard as of late the the NV30 will not be sold retail until early 2003. The waiting is killing me!

Comment

You're right, whilst sample chips have been passed on to OEM's already, production chips won't be available until January 2003.

Anandtech (Anand goes West)

Nvidia was over today showing Matthew and I something very impressive that you'll be able to read about in the
            coming week(s) Link (This has to be the NV30)

Win an NV30

Theres a great competition at IGN.com, the first prize, a trip for you and friend to see the NV30 launch, an NV30 graphics card
            and computer games for a year. You have to register with IGN in order to enter.

Comment

NV30 to ship in January 2003

Comment

You deserve a few now. :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

I want one dammit !
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Extraordinary Engineering Link

In the middle of the article there's a processor, is that the NV30 vpu?

Comment

See what your've been missing

Comment

If you believe the email Cameron received from Nvidia, it would
                        appear that they intend to continue using the GeForce name.

"NVIDIA invites you to join us at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas
                        as we take the GeForce experience to a whole new level. NVIDIA
                        will redefine the limits of graphics engineering, performance, and
                        visual quality - right before your very eyes."

Nvidia's CEO is now saying that the NV30 will not be available
                        until January/February 2003. He wants improved yields in order
                        to keep cost's down, after all he has to recover a $400million
                        investment and then return a profit.

Comment

Well I am glad I got my Radeon. I would have to wait till Feb to get my hands on an NV30 :(.

Comment

Seems to me you made a smart move buying the 9700, by the time we can purchase a NV30, you'll be able to get the new Radeon 10000.

GeForceFX

Comment

Here's a couple of links that might interest some of you.

1. The Inquirer has yet more facts and figures on the NV30.

2. Nvidia's Are You Ready? site has a new video entitled 'The Break In'

To enter, click on the N, log in as Guest, current password CineFX (this will change), click on Network, see Video 'The Break In'.

In it, you will see a monitor with images being rendered at a pretty impressive rate, a tray containing what could be the NV30
                              chipset, and lastly, what appears to be the NV30 videocard.

Comment

Found this Nvidia roadmap on a Japanese site.

NV30 Q1 2003 DX9,
                                NV35 Q4 2003 DX9.1
                                NV40 Q3 2004 DX10, 200m transistors, 0.11u/90nm

Just another two days to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X