Nv30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JediAgent
    6= nVidia cards always look better on the monitor regardless of GPU Power in comparison to ATI. Period.
    hmmmm....I've generally found the opposite to be true

are you using ATi built cards - or 3rd party cards?
    I have seen some crappy "powered by" cards - but the IQ on the "built by" cards I've owned has always been superior

this is based on owning the following:

eVGA GF2MX
    ATi Radeon ViVo
    Asus GF2 Ultra
    ATi Radeon 8500
    Powercolor GF3 Ti200
    Powercolor GF4 Ti4200
    ATi 9700Pro

IQ is a little subjective at best - but that's my opinion

Comment

• hmm pretty funny stuff

Comment

• RDR, I bet this takes a lot longer with your ATi Radeon 9700pro

Comment

• Check out these ATi release dates, you have just got to wonder how long the FX will remain Nvidia's top spec card.

Nevertheless, I can inform you that the R350 based cards will appear in April this year, RV350 ones will come even a
          little earlier. Of course, this is just a plan and it can be corrected any time. The R400 is due to be released after July.

Event review

Comment

• Originally posted by RDR
            hmmmm....I've generally found the opposite to be true
            If your talking about 2D... ATI is supposedly better and i myself have never seen much of a difference, so i cant argue. But set your specs to max on both a 4600 and a 9700 and play the same game on the same system. Personal opinion is that the nVidia looks better. And ive heard the same from other ppl that deal with both the PC store i work at (not customers, other geeks) and all the clients i deal with through the Warehouse agree, too. And im not asking "GF4 4600's look better than 9700's, huh?" Im asing which looks better of the two... wothout telling them my tests or what my computer friends think. All this is specifis to 3D... i believe the 2D is better because of some RAMDAC thing... and yes, ATI built... not 3rd party... thou i would like to see a Hercules :)

Comment

• Originally posted by JediAgent
              If your talking about 2D... ATI is supposedly better and i myself have never seen much of a difference, so i cant argue. But set your specs to max on both a 4600 and a 9700 and play the same game on the same system. Personal opinion is that the nVidia looks better. And ive heard the same from other ppl that deal with both the PC store i work at (not customers, other geeks) and all the clients i deal with through the Warehouse agree, too. And im not asking "GF4 4600's look better than 9700's, huh?" Im asing which looks better of the two... wothout telling them my tests or what my computer friends think. All this is specifis to 3D... i believe the 2D is better because of some RAMDAC thing... and yes, ATI built... not 3rd party... thou i would like to see a Hercules :)
              no - I mean 3D

even the 2 systems I have listed in my sig - If I load the same game up on both of them, I definately like the way it looks on the ATi better - some of that may be due to the monitor - but I used to have the GF4 in my AMD box and a Radeon8500 in the P4 & I still liked the ATi better

Maybe I have a poor example of a GF4 :confused:

Comment

• what the 9700 has way better AA then any gf how can you say that what are you showing people hight performence settings at 800x600 i run ut2003 at 1289x1024 AA 4x af 16x Try that with a 4600 see whats better and look at this one of the tests of the FX at AA 2x AF 8x now look at CPU speed for the 9700 and FX hmmmmm
                http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?im...hfMl8zX2wuZ2lm

Comment

• Press release

Comment

• Here's a picture of PNY's Quadro FX 2000, hopefully their Geforce FX 5800 Ultra will use a
                    similar cooler, not all of us want to hear a 70db fan when gaming, despite what Nvidia may think.

More pictures

Comment

• The cooler might not have an exhaust fan or intake in the back but its still a really big cooler and looks to me that it still takes up two pci slots.I think I will wait awhile until they can size this monster down a bit.

Comment

• Beyond3D have posted a technical Q&A on the FX

There's been lots of talk about Displacement Mapping support (although, we know this isn't a key feature
                        to determine 'Compliancy' for DirectX9), can you clarify what level of support GeForce FX has for it?

GeForce FX supports Geometry Displacement Mapping.

What percentage of the NV30 would you consider to be totally new?

All of it had to be redesigned for the .13 micron process technology. Of course, the Vertex Shader, Pixel
                        Shader and memory interface were areas of revolutionary changes and enhancements over previous GPUs.

Read article

Comment

• If the NV30 happens to be the fastest graphics chipset on the market, it may or may not be a good
                          thing (more on that later). But the NV35 is where NVIDIA's high-end performance hopes lie. Remember
                          the improvements the GeForce 2 (NV15) had over the GeForce and the improvements the GeForce 4
                          had over the GeForce 3? Six months isn't a long time. NV30 was primarily delayed due to, once again,
                          the move to a new manufacturing process. The same was true of the GeForce 256 and GeForce 3.
                          And remember the GeForce2 Ultra? It was basically a placeholder for the GeForce3, which was pushed
                          back from 2000 until early 2001.

This is part of an article written by Tim Burton and Mike Chambers for NV News, it's well worth a read.

The article

Comment

• Abit Siluro FX (Limited) graphics card and box shot, in a word superb.

Comment

• Whilst I can't confirm the authenticity of this story, it's well worth a read anyway

Guys.. I dont work at nvidia, and I dont have *That* kind of information. And anything I tell you is never going
                              to get validated in any kind of an official way. I simply had a conversation with someone who works at another
                              company, whos identity will remain unrevealed. It was basically a long exchange regarding the true nature of the
                              delays behind the GFFX, based on obvious connections all IHV's have with TSMC. The gist of it is in that the .13u
                              process was *NOT* all Botched up at TSMC, there were definitely problems getting the low-K Dialectrics working
                              towards the end of the process.

Read more

RDR, not long now

Comment

• Originally posted by weta

RDR, not long now

hey...come on now - I'm not an ATi fanboy, I almost always have both an nVidia product and an ATi product in my boxes

there's a very good chance I will own an R350 product at some point - but there's also a very good chance I will have a GF FX derivative at some point too.

I've always maintained that both companies' cards have their individual merits

Comment

Working...
                                X