No announcement yet.

cpu runing at 61-75oc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're pretty staunch about those, aren't you Bubba? You're not alone in that, but I've also read that if you just ground yourself, such as touching the PSU that's grounded but off, that'll discharge any static. I haven't fried any components that weren't plugged in and I've never used a bracelet. If I had one I might use it. : peace2:

Comment

Originally posted by Wordbiker
      You're pretty staunch about those, aren't you Bubba?
      ya I guess I am. But I've got good reason, I have killed more than once PCI card and not even known it till I was trying to re-load the OS. Didn't ever feel a thing. Touching the metal of the PSU works but only if you don't do anything to build up a little ESD after that. It's ok for a quick job, but if I'm going to be messing around inside a case for more than a minute or two I want to have a braclet on so i don't go killing another sound card, or something more expensive/important

Comment

Why not just unplug the computer from its powersource?

Comment

that only takes care of the electricity coming from the Power Company ...not the built up electricty in your body, which is more than enough to fry any of your PC parts

Comment

Originally posted by drenader
            Why not just unplug the computer from its powersource?
            Because he's talking about ESD=Elecrostatic Discharge
            You ever rub your feet on a carpet and zap your little brother/sister? That little arc can fry sensitive electronics. Obviously it's worse in some environments than others. I see your point Bubba, perhaps I've been lucky and it is better safe than sorry. I'll pick one up :thumb:

Comment

good choice :thumb: Radio Shack has a nice one for ~$10 (i think), but you can get a cheap one for about $2-3 lots of places

Comment

Maybe your HSF is not on properly. Check that too because that has been an issue for some people in the past.

Comment

Another thing, any ideas how much air your current fan moves? Or what RPM it goes.

Comment

Hi if you want a good company in the UK I would recommend these guys Aria Technology I've bought all my stuff from these guy's Altough they take there time over doing RMA's Still haven't received my replacement motherboard yet :(

Comment

its spins at 2900 to 3100rpm but i Have no idea how much air it moves.

im get the4 stuff to lap it to night hopfully so i'll i'll find out 2 nightif my heatsinks on right.

thanks for the help guys!:cheers:

Comment

These guys covered all the bases. Its sounds like you definetely need to lap the heatsink, get some good thermal paste. And your temps should drop considerably. TAKE your time. No hurry. Especially when using a screwdriver or whatever to take the HSF off its mount. It can slip easily if you aren't paying attention and break something on your mobo, or worse, poke a hole through.

Drenader, as to ESD, it doesn't just disappear after you unplug your computer. Your motherboard has tons of capacitors that sometimes take a while to self dicharge and can cause problems. Its always better to be safe than sorry.

Wordbiker, that looks like a real nice HSF you are picking up. If I needed one at the time I won that prize I would have gotten it over the TT 11 anyday.
                        I did pick up the NEW Zalman side fan for my video card though. It is in the picture I posted of my system in one of the first threads. I am gonna post soooome more when I am finished with it and have all the wires routed properly and stuff. Its the first computer I am excited to show people, not just aestetical, but alsp all he extra stuff, especially time, heart and soul. Besides the money!!

Chez

Comment

Wait til ya see the computer that TT Silent Boost went into Chez :devil win I'll be getting 4 of that same Zalman fans for it tomorrow, and I got the fangrills today. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's taken a good amount of work, research and planning. Oh, and so far....it's utterly silent :D

Comment

Working...
                          X