No announcement yet.

MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

Hi Matt,

Approaching weekend already, any news about the exchange program?

Regards

Comment

Well, Runcore CMO (Matt) seems disappear completely, I thought he said by end of this week we should receive the exchange program details?! Doesn't look good, that telling us how responsible this company is. I'll call MDD for a refund next week and I won't trust this company any more no matter how fast they claim their SSD is. It's too costly, too risky and too time-consuming ...

Luckily the Photofast V1 SSD is working so far so good even though it only scores 40 in Xbench. I heard Photofast V3 PATA ZIF will come out very soon, looking forward to that.

Comment

Seems that Runcore Marketing is suffering from swine flu....

or they were disintegrated by an alien.

Or they just don't want to bring the bad news.

Comment

Been working with Doug over at MyDigitalDiscount.com on the details.

Expect an email by the end of the day.

Matt

Comment

Good news they are alive.

BTW, I haven't received the tax invoice yet....

Let's keep fingers crossed.

;=)

Comment

Just recieved this email form MDD:

--------------------

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you again for patience with us here at MyDigitalDiscount.com. As you all know by now, the RunCore RCP-IV-ZA18XX-C Series SSDs for the Macbook Air Rev A were not properly tested and do not work in that Apple notebook.

The good news is that RunCore has since addressed the Macbook Air Rev A problems and will be releasing a brand new Macbook Air Rev A compatible drive that will be shipping out from China in 2 weeks.

If you still have a RCP-IV-ZA18XX-C SSD, please contact Colleen using the phone number or email address below and she will set you up with an RMA to return the problematic drives to us right away. Due to this inconvenience, My Digital Discount is offering two RMA options to you the customer. You can either return the drive for a full refund (including all shipping costs) or you can elect to wait for the new RunCore drive to replace your existing one. If you do choose to wait, you can still choose to cancel your order for a full refund at any time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Colleen during the RMA process.

-------------------------

Sounds pretty good to me!

Comment

Very Good news indeed!

Let's hope the second attempt is a good one.

If yes i'm ready to upgrade quite a few MBA's...

Gilles

Comment

Oops double post

Comment

prelude: sorry to post on that page, but i think it is related, and runcore seems to answer here rapidely....

Dear RunCore,

i tried to order this SSD for my Thinkpad X40 as i absolutely want an Indilinx controller. As i spent 2 weeks in Singapore (I am from france), i tried to ordered it through a shop here. They have told me they cannot order it yet cause "the product have some faulty, they can not pass to sale".

I d like to know the problem they are refering about. It is IDE PATA (non ZIF), so cable and master select should not be a problem. Could it be that there is a problem as for the Macbook Air rev A? It seems unlikely to me since some people are runing some jmicron kingspec on X40, while it does not work for MBA rev A (and i assume you use jmicron SATA to IDE bridge, as kingspec).

It seems that you would put another controller inside for the MBA rev A, from SMI. I d like to know which controller will ship in the unit i just ordered for my X40 through your runcore market (again, not the same as for MacBook Air), as it is of vital importance! nobody seems to have ever heard about SMI, let alone have valuable bench (i mean 4K random write number running IOMETER, as i dont trust anything else).

Also, when would it be available ?

Thanks for the answer!

Comment

• Re: MacBook Air Rev A with RunCore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF Drive *ZIF PROBLEMS*

bgxmmx, that is not true the IDE drive works great in the IBM X40 the only drive we are having trouble with now is the MBA Rev A drive.

I got word from our design team last night that the new MBA Rev A drive will be ready next week. Hopefully we can have some actual production units at the end of next week.

Anything with a Pro IV on it comes with the Indilinx controller.

The new MBA Rev A drive will probably be called the Runcore 1.8" Zif Solid State Drive SSD for MacBook Air Revision A

Matt
                      Last edited by Runcore Marketing; 09-16-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

We will be sending you the UPS label today.

Thank You
                        Colleen MDD
                        I'm still waiting the label but it should be soon....

Comment

Received the Label today, UPS pickup (scheduled tomorrow) Done Sept 21st.

Any news about the neww SSD shipping date?

Gilles
                          Last edited by GillesB; 09-22-2009, 01:50 AM.

Comment

We fixed the Pro IV MBA Rev A SSD!!!

I would spill the beans on the specs but Dan Frakes over at MacWorld will be reviewing it in the next week or so and I want it to be a surprise.

Also we are going to hold off on putting them back up for sale until the day before the review is out.

The problem ended up being the SATA to PATA Bridge chip like we had thought.

I suspect stock will start flowing by the 5th.

Thank you all for your patents while we figured this out.

Matt
                            Last edited by Runcore Marketing; 09-22-2009, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Mine is close to be back to your office.

I hope you'll be shipping ASAP, and I really would appreciate not being delayed for a MacWorld Test... We waited so long and have put so much effort in trying to install it, that I think we deserve some quick service...

Last edited by GillesB; 09-23-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Don't worry if we can ship them before the review they will ship.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X