***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Sure. I don't mean it's not a worthwhile thing to do, it's just I don't use it except for the monitor occasionally. If I'm going to be away for a while I just turn it off unless I have something running.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
      Sleep is highly over rated. j/k, I don't ever use sleep. The SSD's don't draw much and the Seagate HDD will snooze all on it's on.
      Glad you got it worked out, though.
      Thanks, I really only got the biggie in the keyboard. Now that it will sleep I have a USB\Root_HUB20\4&232151F9&0 waking it at random. I have learned how to trace them down now so its a matter of just hunting and disabling their ability to wake the machine.

As far as over rated. Perhaps at your house but not mine. I love the sleep feature and its as important to me as owning the motherboard. I'm getting there though.
      Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
      Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
      16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
      Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
      Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
      1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
      Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
      Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

hi all new UD3H owner here

do we have a changelog for UD3H's bioses?(including beta if possible)

i have some compatibility issues with old 1.1 USB hardware on the back panel ports and i'm trying to investigate the cause (altough you can find a lot just with 'gigabyte z77x usb issue' as keywords but mostly dead discussions)

if i plug in this 1.1 bluetooth usb adapter both mouse and keyboard never turn on even at w7 desktop all of the three work fine (until reboot)
        if i hotplug the BT adapter no issue on the ports wired to the front case panel (the 2.0/1.1 ones) but i know those are handled by a different chip

i may understand a non working/compatible hardware since it's old but the mouse/kb issue is driving me mad
        Last edited by Shura30; 07-23-2012, 05:01 AM.
        Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Core i5-3570k Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600MHz 8GB SSD Crucial M4 128GB Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W 80plus

Comment

If your trying to get your keyboard and mouse to work in bios that back panel usb ports, you need to use the ports closest to the ethernet port. For me the only 2 usb ports that work in bios are the 2 usb ports directly below the ethernet ports. If by chance your keyboard and mouse still do not work in bios then you will need to contact gigabyte directly GIGABYTE tell them exactly what model keyboard and mouse you have along which bios you are using and see if they can get you a bios that allows that keyboard and mouse to work.

Other wise their use wired keyboard and mouse or get a $3 usb pci braket adapter that connects via front panel usb and now you will have usb2.0 ports in the back of the system.
          Main Rig
          Gigabyte z87x-OC
          Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
          Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
          Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
          HiS ATI HD 6950
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
          Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
          Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
          Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
          EK Supremacy Cpu Block
          Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
          Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

On the topic of RECOVERY FROM SLEEP, (or, the lack of it):
            I spent months trying to work out why my UD5H rarely recovered from sleep mode.

I tried different BIOS, drivers, all to no avail. The mouse would never wake the computer from sleep, and pressing the power button just made it reboot a few times then there was a small chance of recovery.

Then, I tried a different POWER SUPPLY and all the problems seem to be gone. The mouse wakes it and everything recovers fine.

The PSU that caused problems was an OCZ ZS Series 550W. The voltages all measured perfect, but I have still RMA'ed it for investigation because I am convinced there is something odd about it. Transients, perhaps.
            The "good" power supply is a Seasonic X-660. Apart from the fact that this seems to fix my "sleep" issue, this seems to be an excellent power supply in many respects.

Hope this just might help someone!

Comment

Thanks for your experience. I've seen PSU's do some weird stuff. Work on one rig, not on another, etc. Same with cables. I have a 24 pin that you can not short to "jump start" the psu, although it works just fine plugged into the motherboard. Some Seasonic's don't like changing cable locations for some reason I can't figure out (I mean the voltage only cables obviously, not the psu start, etc)
              Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
              Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
              PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
              Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
              Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
              HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
              SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by Shura30 View Post
                hi all new UD3H owner here

do we have a changelog for UD3H's bioses?(including beta if possible)

i have some compatibility issues with old 1.1 USB hardware on the back panel ports and i'm trying to investigate the cause (altough you can find a lot just with 'gigabyte z77x usb issue' as keywords but mostly dead discussions)

if i plug in this 1.1 bluetooth usb adapter both mouse and keyboard never turn on even at w7 desktop all of the three work fine (until reboot)
                if i hotplug the BT adapter no issue on the ports wired to the front case panel (the 2.0/1.1 ones) but i know those are handled by a different chip

i may understand a non working/compatible hardware since it's old but the mouse/kb issue is driving me mad
                I had a similar experience with a Logitech flightstick. As it turned out, if I had the flightstick plugged into one of the USB 3.0/2.0 ports in the back then I was unable to control the mouse in the bios, or able to properly enter bios. Once I realized the issue, it was just a matter of plugging the device into an add-on card with USB ports and now everything is good.

I also have a bluetooth usb dongle which I have yet to install. Having issues just getting the bluetooth software to properly install :(

Comment

Hi all, since i can't post right now to Gigabyte Technical Support Website (blocked somehow), i have a question about my board.

The thing is, i can't run my GTX 670 at PCIe3 speed on the first PCIe slot most of the time. Not always, because for a few times, it works, but 99% of the times, it doesn't. So this is the situation:
                  1. with PCIe2 card that i own (HD4670 and previous one GTX 570) it works fine at PCIe2 x16 speed on the first slot.
                  2. with my current GTX 670 card, it won't recognize the VGA while on PCIe3/Auto mode. in F8 BIOS it's even more severe, the speed can only be set at PCIe Gen1 speed to allow the board to recognize the VGA. the card can only be recognized at PCIe Gen2 x16 with BIOS F10a.
                  3. if the GTX 670 is put on the secondary PCIe slot, the PCIe 3 speed works, card got detected, but with only x8 speed (obviously).

I already confirmed my finding with GPU-Z tool so i assure you that PCIe3 can only be achieved at second PCIe slot whereas on the first slot it can only be run at PCIe2 speed at the moment with F10a.

I have tried what the Technical Support told me, to test the system in simple environment (no device attached outside the basic) and at one moment, the VGA was recognized at PCIe3 x16 on the first slot. But the thing is, after i shutdown the PC (nothing changed), it won't recognize the card again afterwards.

So does anybody have the same issue like mine? This bug is not that bad but my expectation was nothing goes wrong when i purchase all this expensive gadgets :( So if anybody could share or advice, that would be most welcome. Thanks :)

Comment

Originally posted by barkeater View Post
                    I had a similar experience with a Logitech flightstick. As it turned out, if I had the flightstick plugged into one of the USB 3.0/2.0 ports in the back then I was unable to control the mouse in the bios, or able to properly enter bios. Once I realized the issue, it was just a matter of plugging the device into an add-on card with USB ports and now everything is good.

I also have a bluetooth usb dongle which I have yet to install. Having issues just getting the bluetooth software to properly install :(
                    have you tried desktop activities with this flightstick plugged on the back panel ports?
                    my issues lasts until desktop, quick recap:

if i hotplug this 1.1BT adapter on a running system (mine is w7@64b) everything works fine, drivers are auto installed and bt transfer works

if i start from a full boot (or simply reboot the previous one) both mouse and kb will not turn so i can't use them not for bios or desktop activities.

it may be some power supply issue on the chipset because i've plugged in an old 1.1 usb external drive with separate power supply and i did not encountered the problem..

this adapter is now plugged in into the front panel port (the usb 2.0 ones) working just fine
                    Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Core i5-3570k Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600MHz 8GB SSD Crucial M4 128GB Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W 80plus

Comment

I had USB issues and getting errors posted in the event logs showing up as a drive ID number with a DR in the text. DR in this context means Drive Removable. The drive ID number would change as I put devices in different ports.

I had other issues as well and after an hour on the horn with Gigabyte TS I got an RMA authorization.

The board is back and "Knock On Wood" is performing great with none of these errors. It came back with F8 on the primary BIOS switch and F7 on the 2nd.

I am running a 4.5 stable clock now and am fat and happy.
                      Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
                      Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
                      16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
                      Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
                      Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
                      1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
                      Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
                      Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

Originally posted by 2therock View Post
                        I had USB issues
                        what kind of issues?

Comment

I just sold my GA-Z77X-UD5H/3570K system to a friend. I really liked that system, however, how many computers does one guy have to have! Anyway I am back to using my Asus P8Z68-V Pro/2600K system and I immediately get frustrated will all the minor issues like: It boots VERY Slowly compared to the Gigabyte system, the USB 3 ports simply does not work correctly when copying large files and finally the #$%^ thing has a mind of its own when it comes to S3 sleep. Hopefully, these issues are not 2600K related and if I switch MB's I'll be almost happy again? Is anybody aware of any known problems with the GA-Z77X-UD5H/2600K setup? I can live with the fact that there are issues with (some?) wireless keyboards and mice (Logitech K520 in my case) but I can live with that until Gigabyte resolves that problem. I'm about to hit the buy MB key so I would appreciate comments.

Comment

i cant think of any off hand,or read any,maybe someone can add further
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
                              Is anybody aware of any known problems with the GA-Z77X-UD5H/2600K setup?
                              The original BIOS did not like my 2600K, On F8 now and the only problem is a sporadic blue screen at idle. (Clocked at 4.6ghz)

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbuster View Post
                                The original BIOS did not like my 2600K, On F8 now and the only problem is a sporadic blue screen at idle. (Clocked at 4.6ghz)
                                did you manage to grab the bsod code? could be cpu voltage too low at idle or qpi/vtt/cpu vtt to low?
                                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X