Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

I can do that with my UD5H and I didn't have to RMA it and get another board.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by slashbatre View Post
      I've replaced my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with the ASUS P8Z77-V due to random freezes and blue screen of death crashes occurring at least once a day. After replacing the Gigabyte, I found out that one of my Corsair vengeance 8gb RAM sticks was faulty - but with the new board and sans the faulty ram stick, I've been going 5 days in a row without a single hiccup, and have run LinX and Prime95 tests all night long without issues.
      Makes you kind of wonder how things would have worked out for you had you diagnosed the faulty memory before rma'ing the board. Now worries mate, that ASUS board is nice and is very capable as I was going to use that instead of the UD5. Glad to hear your crash-free!

Comment

Its is strange how some have no problems and others suffering freezing or usb problems. USB maybe dependent on what users are plugging into the ports and compatibility early bios and drivers made some devices not backward compatible to usb 3 sockets. My own experience was only freezing occasionally with initial bios since official F7 no problems. Overclocked to 4.7Ghz, a bit warm on full load about 83deg on a corsair h80. going to change that to either a rasa rs240 or an ek 240 ltx still trying to make my mind up on what watercooler to stick with for my coolermaster cm690 II advanced usb3 case.

Comment

Originally posted by barkeater View Post
          Makes you kind of wonder how things would have worked out for you had you diagnosed the faulty memory before rma'ing the board. Now worries mate, that ASUS board is nice and is very capable as I was going to use that instead of the UD5. Glad to hear your crash-free!
          Yea, both RAM sticks passed Memtest w/ flying colors - thanks anyways. I wish everybody the best with or without the Gigabyte Z77 board.

Comment

How about the WiFi version of this board? Anyone here reporting these issues on that version?
            Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
            Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
            16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
            Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
            Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
            1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
            Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
            Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Comment

Hello guys flash new like I said i have rma my gigabyte ud 5 and they send me asus z77 pro and no more problem what so ever ,have the i7 on 4.3 with antec khular 620 qthe temps are a little bit hot in full 60 in idle 29 take care all of you

Comment

So..finally i got this board..and here comes first problems :(
                Tbh im not sure its board,so i will try explain
                I swapped board with my previous Asus P8P67 Pro-after cleaning from dust Asus board wont recognose ram in 1 last slot,whenever i did - same result,no boot,no even bios,i checked ram with Mem Test in working slots - all ram ok (4x4Gb Corsair XMS3) so i decided to sent this board for RMA and after i get new one back i just sell it and went for Gigabyte Z77-UD5
                Got it today,flashed to F7,but my "brilliant" M$ keyboard and mouse (Wireless 5000) gave me some "nice" drifting in F7,so i flashed to F7b,so now i can use them in bios
                After putting all pc back i started it and diagnostic LED gave me code 51 - which problem with memory..and i thought "no f******g way"..after swaping ram,i discovered that ram working only in slots 4 and 2 in dual channel mode,any other ram config giving me code 51..no im lost - Asus board can be not faulty at all then isnt? I suspect,that my cpu mem controller not very healthy (2600K) and i dont have other Sandy cpu to test it,no friends near me who can borrow me cpu to test..
                Any suggestion will be much appreciated,thanks
                P.S.the UD5 is cracking board btw

Comment

Greetings folks. newbie here.
                  I have just built my system, i5 3570k, Gigabyte UD5H board, and after 5 hours of tearing my hair out want to thow the board in the bin. What a heap of junk.
                  lockups every few seconds, to a couple of minutes, can'y flash bios from F5 to any other version, says file too small from bios update.
                  cant us another program to o it because it locks up in the bIOS and before even managing to load it in.
                  eventually got windows on it after crashing all the way through loading it in.

tried it on the SSD , quit that after too many lockups, tried on new HDD, have given in now.
                  may try again tomorrow or just send the heap of junk back to amazon.
                  new everything except keyboard and mouse, and they randomly lock up as well.
                  corsair low profile white meory.

I bought the processor and memory and MOBO cos they got gold awards in the magazine. D'oh.

PLEASE can someone tell me how to get past the bios file too small in qbios update.

I will try that again one last time.
                  I'm completely gutted - its turned an exciting new pc into a complete nightmare.

Thanks
                  Eric

Comment

Originally posted by trucklord View Post
                    Greetings folks. newbie here.
                    I have just built my system, i5 3570k, Gigabyte UD5H board, and after 5 hours of tearing my hair out want to thow the board in the bin. What a heap of junk.
                    lockups every few seconds, to a couple of minutes, can'y flash bios from F5 to any other version, says file too small from bios update.
                    cant us another program to o it because it locks up in the bIOS and before even managing to load it in.
                    eventually got windows on it after crashing all the way through loading it in.

tried it on the SSD , quit that after too many lockups, tried on new HDD, have given in now.
                    may try again tomorrow or just send the heap of junk back to amazon.
                    new everything except keyboard and mouse, and they randomly lock up as well.
                    corsair low profile white meory.

I bought the processor and memory and MOBO cos they got gold awards in the magazine. D'oh.

PLEASE can someone tell me how to get past the bios file too small in qbios update.

I will try that again one last time.
                    I'm completely gutted - its turned an exciting new pc into a complete nightmare.

Thanks
                    Eric
                    Did you try setting the Base Clock to 100.1? That's the majority advice by far at the moment.

Comment

Yes, also tried that lastly.
                      Then rebooted and checked it was enabled, it was.
                      started to load windows in Again, and it froze up again.
                      fed up now
                      :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Just thought I'd drop back in and say what fixed this for me, for now, still waiting for final BIOS fix.

I found a memory compatibility issue with two different types of IC's (Hynix BFR / Samsung HYK0), that are used in 4GB based modules. I've sent in a report and they are aware of the issue and working to correct it.

The ONLY thing that fixed this for me was to go back to 2GB based modules, instantly freezes and instant reboots were gone!! I must have missed this before in my initial attempts at switching around various memory kits!

So, if you are having these issues, and are using 4GB based memory kits, please switch over to 2GB based kits if you can and that should help until they get new BIOSes out!

There may be added compatibility for 4GB modules in the latest UD5H BIOS, not sure as I'm using UD3H BIOS and have not tested UD5H one yet. Nor have I tested any of the latest Final BIOSes that just came out yet, will test those with 4GB kits tonight
                        Mercy, I have the WiFi version of the board on the way and all I have is Samsung 4GB modules that say M379B5273DH0-YK0. I will ask again, anyone with the WiFi board been complaining here?

Comment

These guys have the same issues but a different slant, and saying they fixed it. Anandtek

Comment

Originally posted by 2therock View Post
                            These guys have the same issues but a different slant, and saying they fixed it. Anandtek
                            I think that thread has poor, scattered advice. It's not "SOLVED" as it claims, and the original post has overkill recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by trucklord View Post
                              Yes, also tried that lastly.
                              Then rebooted and checked it was enabled, it was.
                              started to load windows in Again, and it froze up again.
                              fed up now
                              :-(
                              How about switching to the other position on the motherboard's BIOS switch? Maybe you'll be able to install F7 with a fresh start there.

Comment

thanks, already tried that as well, will try now again before work.
                                nope, locked up already twice within 2 minutes.
                                Gonna RMA and go for the Asus board,
                                should have done that first. i suppose.
                                PC Format gold award review - bag of crap

Comment

Working...
                                X