X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
    When you enable raid for the intel controller you can see the version number on startup when the system is displaying the raid info. Same thing with the realtek you need to enable network boot to see the rom version. Otherwise you can look at the bios with cbrom115 using the /d switch.
    Tanks!

Comment

hi guys,

First post here... Currently have a system with an X58A-UD7 rev 2 board and wanted to ask if anybody here has a copy of Gigabyte's GOOC bios for the X58A-UD7 rev 2 and or if not is the FD14 mod on the first page stable for OC? Currently using F9D beta from Gigabyte's website.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

There is a problem of Alc898 with ga-z77x-ud5h. With Ubuntu and osx the sound is not going to the correct jacks. Wifi version is also affected. The new z77x-UP5 TH is also with alc898 but bug free.
        is it possible to modify the bios of ud5h with the audio section of up5 th. There is a chance that it corrects the problem. Thanks in advance.

Comment

A quick question. The main reason for modding bios to etc is to use with latest RST v11.5 1207 intel drivers, in the hope they deliver trim? However it appears Intel has recently pulled these drivers whilst they investigate BSOD issues? My understanding is the 11.5 orom is no faster than the 11.2 orom or the 10.x orom for that matter. i.e. the only thing it brings to the table is trim.

Is there any point in installing a modded bios until this issue is resolved?
          Last edited by EasterEEL; 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Ace,
            add this

Comment

Hello Acebmxer, Stasio, LSDMEASAP and Forum,

I hope i can request again an BIOS-MOD.

It looks that Intel do now/have done some changes in the SSD-RAID & TRIM problems and i will try out some and need for it new MOD-BIOSes.

So i search 2 BIOS-MODs and hope u can help me again. THX in front!

GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0

-> BIOS Version F9D Beta (or latest actual)

-> when possible with Support for VT-D

-> ROM Intel AHCI v1.20E (23.03.2010)

-> ROM Intel RAID v11.5.0.1582

-> ROM Marvell 9128 with BIOS v1.0.01033 / Firmware v2.2.0.1125 or v2.2.0.1125b

-> ROM JMicron v1.07.28

-> ROM Realtek LAN v2.48

GA-X58A-OC Rev 1.0

-> BIOS Version F5E Beta (or latest actual)

-> when possible with Support for VT-D

-> ROM Intel AHCI v1.20E (23.03.2010)

-> ROM Intel RAID v11.5.0.1582

-> ROM Marvell 9182 v1.0.0.0025

-> ROM Realtek LAN v2.48

If u have the time to build it, i say big thx again.

Did some of my requests cant correct work, give me an hint, why it wont work, or somethink gives it newer, then plz insert it, or isnt possible/bad give me an hint, why it wont work. big thx!

Big reguards from Germany
              PentoryX
              Last edited by Pentoryx; 08-09-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

The only thing I see not possible with those mods is the support for VT-D. This has to be done by Gigabyte and they may say its not support. I know they were able to provide me with a bios with vt-d support for the EX58-UD5 along with the X58A-UD5 rev2 boards. You can contact gigabyte here GIGABYTE. If they give you the bios files I then can mod them with the updated roms. The only rom can not be updated is the ahci rom. The current rom that is in the 2nd post on this forum is for the p67 chip set.
                Main Rig
                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                HiS ATI HD 6950
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

The only thing I see not possible with those mods is the support for VT-D. This has to be done by Gigabyte and they may say its not support. I know they were able to provide me with a bios with vt-d support for the EX58-UD5 along with the X58A-UD5 rev2 boards. You can contact gigabyte here GIGABYTE.If they give you the bios files I then can mod them with the updated roms.

Thx Acebmxer, for the info. I will at a later date, consult Gigabyte about a BIOS with the Support of VT-D request. So i will first then see if all works with Intel SSD-RAID and some other thinks, so i dont have to quest there again.

The only rom can not be updated is the ahci rom. The current rom that is in the 2nd post on this forum is for the p67 chip set.
                  Hmm it is a bit strange, becouze i have no informations about ONLY P67.
                  Sure i mean u will it better know as i am, but have anyone testet this on a X58 Board? with an result?

I have looked on the German-WebSide, but no information about Chipset. The info is general see plz: German Win-Lite

""
                  Intel AHCI ROM modules

According to my knowledge only BIOSes with a Phoenix/Award structure do contain a discrete Intel AHCI ROM module, whereas AMI BIOSes just contain an Intel RAID ROM module, which is managing the function and the compatibility of the related "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller" as well.
                  ""

About my BIOS request, when u can built make the best possible what i have requested. THX anyway!

BIG thx for u time, help and answers all is very welcome.

Friendly regards from Germany
                  PentoryX

Comment

take from second post on this thread

Intel AHCI Roms
                    ahci_120e0027_03232010 <- For P67 Chipset.

That AHCI rom is for P67 chip sets. It can be used in other boards but needs to be modified to work on other chipsets. This was verified by someone with more knowledge the me.

As for doing the mods like I said I can not give VT-D support only Gigabyte can do that for you. Once you have the bios files for those boards with VT-D support then I can do the mods for you. Other wise I can do the mods to bios files that do not have the VT-D support.

So if you need VT-D support you need to contact Gigabyte first.
                    Main Rig
                    Gigabyte z87x-OC
                    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                    HiS ATI HD 6950
                    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                    EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

take from second post on this thread

That AHCI rom is for P67 chip sets. It can be used in other boards but needs to be modified to work on other chipsets. This was verified by someone with more knowledge the me.

Oki have understand, well then we let them out also from the BIOS-MOD. THX

As for doing the mods like I said I can not give VT-D support only Gigabyte can do that for you. Once you have the bios files for those boards with VT-D support then I can do the mods for you. Other wise I can do the mods to bios files that do not have the VT-D support.

So if you need VT-D support you need to contact Gigabyte first.
                      I have that understand Acebmxer, at the moment it isnt needed, thats why i say i will at a later date contact Gigabyte about this Support, also about others especialy why they dont UPDATE/MAKE BETTER the old X58 mainboard BIOSes, becouze they have coast alot and a waranty of six years should also include, LONGER TIME of more BIOS-Support and i mean not a support of 2 years " 1 Beta-BIOS ". There give some other thinks how i find isnt correct.

About my BIOS request, when u can build, make the best possible what i have requested (without VT-D and AHCI). THX anyway!

BIG thx for u time, help and answers all is very welcome.

PentoryX

Comment

My one system is down right now that I do the mods on. It should be back up later tonight or tomorrow morning. So as soon as its back I can do the mod for you.
                        Main Rig
                        Gigabyte z87x-OC
                        HiS ATI HD 6950
                        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                        EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

My one system is down right now that I do the mods on. It should be back up later tonight or tomorrow morning. So as soon as its back I can do the mod for you.
                          THX Acebmxer, no problemo

See ya

PentoryX

Comment

Acembxer I have a few questions and would be grateful if you have a moment to answer.

I noticed there was no modified bios for the X58-G1.Sniper on the front page (the only recent bios is the f4e beta bios). So I have attemped to update myself using CBRom115. I successfully updated the InteIRST v11.5.0.1527 raid orom and confirmed it is working fine. Once I updated AIDA64 to the lastest beta version there are no BSOD errors with the InteIRST v11.5.0.1207 drivers.

However I would like to clarify what needs updating with the Marvell 9182. Is it just a case of replacing the orom to move from v1.0.0.0017 to v1.0.0.0025? Or is it necessary to update any other modules in the bios? With the Marvell 9128 it is necessary to update the orom, bootloader and firmware in the bios. I was hoping you would know as I believe you may have updated the X58-G1.Guerrilla Bios F4d for someone else.

Kind regards
                            Last edited by EasterEEL; 08-10-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentoryx View Post
                              THX Acebmxer, no problemo

See ya

PentoryX
                              Sorry this is taking longer then expected. The 1 of the raid controllers in my server is giving me trouble. I finally got the system up but its running windows right now add it is backing up all my data to a external drive. I probably wont be able to do the mod for you until tomorrow night or the next morning. If the backup goes quick and I can get to it earlier, I will do so. Again I am very sorry about this.
                              Main Rig
                              Gigabyte z87x-OC
                              HiS ATI HD 6950
                              CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                              Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                              EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Originally posted by EasterEEL View Post
                                Acembxer I have a few questions and would be grateful if you have a moment to answer.

I noticed there was no modified bios for the X58-G1.Sniper on the front page (the only recent bios is the f4e beta bios). So I have attemped to update myself using CBRom115. I successfully updated the InteIRST v11.5.0.1527 raid orom and confirmed it is working fine. Once I updated AIDA64 to the lastest beta version there are no BSOD errors with the InteIRST v11.5.0.1207 drivers.

However I would like to clarify what needs updating with the Marvell 9182. Is it just a case of replacing the orom to move from v1.0.0.0017 to v1.0.0.0025? Or is it necessary to update any other modules in the bios? With the Marvell 9128 it is necessary to update the orom, bootloader and firmware in the bios. I was hoping you would know as I believe you may have updated the X58-G1.Guerrilla Bios F4d for someone else.

Kind regards
                                Updating the orom/firmware for the 9128 and the 9182 is very simular except for the 9182 should uses the /pci command and the 9128 should use /group17 release and then /group17 xxxxx (xxxxx orom/firmware file name)
                                Main Rig
                                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                                HiS ATI HD 6950
                                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                                EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Working...
                                X