Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
    z77xup4thMOD_10_8_12.f8

Thanks Acebmxer.

Comment

According to Fernando:
      Note: This ROM module is actually in the RST " Enterprise " series , " suitable " : Intel RST (s) driver v11.6.x.xxxx
      So,it's mean is also for X79.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
        According to Fernando:

WOW ! I trust in Fernando , he does lots of good work with bios and knows his stuff. (station drivers and your link plus Xtreme Forums)
        So any chance of adding this new orom to the G1 Assassin x79 - i will give it a go on my second bios, could be good ? plus my new x2 shiny Samsung 840 pro ssd's with me very soon !
        I wonder which set of drivers to go with this, 11.6 11.5 or 11.2
        Last edited by snout; 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM. Reason: update
        G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
        CPU Intel x3960
        Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
        Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
        Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
        Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
        Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
        Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
        PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
        Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
        Screen Benq XL2420T 24
        Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

As per Station-drivers RAID pic..... 11.6 with 11.6

Comment

Thanks Stasio - some very nice results there ! With Sammy 830s too.

Dear Acebmxer, Could you please add this Orom 11.6.0.1624 to the x79 G1 Assassin 2 please ? I would love to give this a shot.
            CPU Intel x3960
            Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Acebmxer, When update the BIOS? Realteck 2.50 GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0 Bios Ff3 Complete Mod

thanks!

Comment

Acebmxer, can u mod the X58A-UD9 en X58A-UD7 rev 1 with that new Rom?

Comment

Please could you update GA-X79-UD7 - F11q too?? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by snout View Post
                    Thanks Stasio - some very nice results there ! With Sammy 830s too.

Dear Acebmxer, Could you please add this Orom 11.6.0.1624 to the x79 G1 Assassin 2 please ? I would love to give this a shot.
                    And also for the Z77X-UD5H Bios F14 ?
                    TIA

Comment

According to Fernando: QUOTED TEXT
                      No, the text you have quoted is not my original text and does not mean that at all!
                      In the contrary I do not recommend to slipstream any Intel RAID ROM v11.6.x.xxxx into an X79 BIOS unless we have seen such BIOS delivered by Intel for their own X79 mainboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando View Post
                        No, the text you have quoted is not my original text and does not mean that at all!
                        In the contrary I do not recommend to slipstream any Intel RAID ROM v11.6.x.xxxx into an X79 BIOS unless we have seen such BIOS delivered by Intel for their own X79 mainboards.
                        Hey Fernando , Great to see you here !
                        Thanks for that information,.
                        I shall stick with the RSTe for now, I have seen on another forum that the 11.6 xx is not working on x79. However there was someone who said wait for the 1702 release ? We shall see in time i suppose if the oroms get unified.
                        CPU Intel x3960
                        Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando View Post
                          Hi Fernando,
                          thanks for posting here.
                          To avoid any further "wrong reading" ,here is your ROM page:

Comment

• mb_bios_ga-z77x-ud5hMOD_10_10_12_f14

GA-X58A-UD9 Bios F6 MOD Complete
                            Updated with...
                            IRST 11.6.0.1624
                            Realtek 2.50
                            Marvell Bios Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125
                            After flash is complete, shut down fully and switch off PSU, wait one minute and clear CMOS. Then turn on, boot to BIOS and load optimized and save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set AHCI settings and Marvell Firmware mode to "Force", then save/apply/reboot and let it load through to windows, before that happens Marvell Firmware will update and board will reboot.*
                            x58a-ud9_f6MOD_10_10_12

GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0 Bios F9d Mod Complete
                            Updated with...
                            IRST 11.6.0.1624
                            Realteck 2.50
                            Jmicron 1.07.28
                            Marvell BIOS 1.0.01033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125
                            After flash is complete, shut down fully and switch off PSU, wait one minute and clear CMOS. Then turn on, boot to BIOS and load optimized and save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set AHCI settings and Marvell Firmware mode to "Force", then save/apply/reboot and let it load through to windows, before that happens Marvell Firmware will update and board will reboot.*
                            X58AUD7MOD_10_10_12.9d

GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0 Bios Ff3 Complete Mod
                            Update with...
                            IRST 11.6.0.1624
                            Realtek 2.50
                            Jmicron 1.07.28
                            Marvell Bios Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125
                            X58AUD5Rev2MOD_10_10_12.f3
                            Last edited by Acebmxer; 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM.
                            Main Rig
                            Gigabyte z87x-OC
                            Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                            G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                            Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                            Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                            HiS ATI HD 6950
                            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                            Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                            Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                            Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                            EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                            Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                            Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Please could you update Z77X-UP5 TH Bios F11 too? Thanks for help!

Comment

Hi Fernando,
                                thanks for posting here.
                                To avoid any further "wrong reading" ,here is your ROM page:

Thanks Stasio for quoting the full text, but for unknown reasons there are still some differences. I have never written about RST(s) drivers or RAID ROM modules, because there aren't such drivers and OROMs.
                                Here is the original and meanwhile slightly updated text (>LINK<):
                                Originally posted by Fernando
                                • >
                                  Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v11.5.0.1414<
                                  (for DEV_2822+282a, usable from ICH8R up) Attention: This ROM module belongs to the RST "Enterprise" series, suitable drivers: Intel RST(e) v11.5.x.xxxx, thanks to btester!
                                • >Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v11.5.0.1582< (for DEV_2822+282a, usable from ICH8R up)
                                  Attention: This ROM module belongs to the RST "Enterprise" series, suitable drivers: Intel RST(e) v11.5.x.xxxx, thanks to medeirosdez for the BIOS.
                                • >Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v11.6.0.1624< (for DEV_2822+282a, maybe even for DEV_2826)
                                  Attention: This module belongs to the RST "Enterprise" series, usable drivers: Intel RST(e) v11.6.x.xxxx, thanks to ex58 for the link.
                                What I always have tried to point out is, that Intel's RST drivers v11.5.x.xxxx/v11.6.x.xxxxx in reality are RSTe drivers, because they are working with an additional SCSI filter driver like the v3.x.x.xxxx ones. Since the related Intel RAID ROM modules of the v11.5/11.6 series have been designed for being used with the drivers named iaStorF.sys and iaStorA.sys, they belong to "Enterprise" series too. Despite the similarities of the v11.5/11.6 series RST(e) drivers with the v3.x.x.xxxx ones there seem to be big differences between the related Intel RAID ROM versions. That is why I give users with an X79 chipset mainboard the advise to wait for the first official X79 BIOS with included v11.6.x.xxxx RAID OROM.

Edit: I have big problems posting here, because I am far away from home and not an expert using an iPad.

Regards
                                Fernando
                                Last edited by Fernando; 10-11-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X