• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Realtek LAN PXE ROM 2.51 is out.

Comment

Originally posted by johnslash View Post
      Many Thanks bro. I'll copy your settings and test.
      JohnSlash, sorry to bother you, would appreciate your expert advice to get out of the ditch:
      For F3a, I attempted a RAID upgrade to 3.3.1540.17, re-arranged (release and re-insert all modules) the BIOS, but messed up the MISC.BIN.
      Questions:
      1) Where exactly is MISC.BIN located?
      2) Other than removing the battery and CLRing CMOS are there any other tricks to revive the MoBo or a new BIOS chip is needed?

Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by test3090 View Post
        JohnSlash, sorry to bother you, would appreciate your expert advice to get out of the ditch:
        For F3a, I attempted a RAID upgrade to 3.3.1540.17, re-arranged (release and re-insert all modules) the BIOS, but messed up the MISC.BIN.
        Questions:
        1) Where exactly is MISC.BIN located?
        2) Other than removing the battery and CLRing CMOS are there any other tricks to revive the MoBo or a new BIOS chip is needed?

Thanks so much
        1 - The MISC.BIN is located in HOLE2 named UI750.BIN

2 - Well, Gigabyte mobo has two BIOS, I've seen in many site, messed bios flashing and the second comes up. I think when something go wrong, the second BIOS comes up, and fix it.

* Important = I recommend you to backup the original BIOS to the second BIOS module. I tried some overclock experiences here, and after many times the modified BIOs doesn't was accepted by the Checksum, so the second BIOS comes up and reflashed with the backup BIOS. To backup the BIOS, press ALT + F12 or CTRL + F12.

One question:
        Where did you get this RAID ROM ?

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte Modified bios

Need a little help. I have several GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) MB's that don't like the newer SATA III SSD's with the Sandforce controller. The BIOS (FFb and prior) just hang when they get to the port the SSD is connected to - when the Intel SATA controller is in AHCI mode. If the Intel SATA controller is set to IDE the system will boot. I have tried two different OCZ Vertex 3 drives and a Mushkin Chronis DX drive. They all have the same controller and they all cause the BIOS to hang on the port they are connected to. Each of these drives functions properly on a GA-Z77Z-UD5H system. For some reason Gigabyte Technical Support says I don't have a problem. Help would be appreciated. I've gotten hooked on SSD for boot drives and the SATA II SSD's are getting scarce and expensive.

I installed a HighPoint Rocket 620 and that has solved my problem. It supports the SATA III SSD's and allows me to boot from one of them. However, I'm still curious on why the standard Intel SATA II controller and/or the FFb BIOS don't work correctly when I use a SATA III SSD created by restoring a backup file created with Acronis True Image 2010.
          Last edited by Ken429; 11-05-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnslash View Post
            1 - The MISC.BIN is located in HOLE2 named UI750.BIN

2 - Well, Gigabyte mobo has two BIOS, I've seen in many site, messed bios flashing and the second comes up. I think when something go wrong, the second BIOS comes up, and fix it.

* Important = I recommend you to backup the original BIOS to the second BIOS module. I tried some overclock experiences here, and after many times the modified BIOs doesn't was accepted by the Checksum, so the second BIOS comes up and reflashed with the backup BIOS. To backup the BIOS, press ALT + F12 or CTRL + F12.

One question:
            Where did you get this RAID ROM ?
            Thanks for your response. Backup BIOS wouldn't come up and QFlash within BIOS would not read any drive, no matter what size/filesystem etc. Anyways, managed to get it back to life. Regarding the RAID ROM it is from SB710, so "thought" would give it a chance...
            AHCI/RAID ROM modules for BIOS modding - already extracted - Seite 2 - BIOS/BIOS-Modding - Win-Lite Forum

If not too much of a problem you may want to give it a chance. Obviously, I am not at your league...so the chance of committing stupidities is higher.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by test3090 View Post
              Thanks for your response. Backup BIOS wouldn't come up and QFlash within BIOS would not read any drive, no matter what size/filesystem etc. Anyways, managed to get it back to life. Regarding the RAID ROM it is from SB710, so "thought" would give it a chance...
              AHCI/RAID ROM modules for BIOS modding - already extracted - Seite 2 - BIOS/BIOS-Modding - Win-Lite Forum

If not too much of a problem you may want to give it a chance. Obviously, I am not at your league...so the chance of committing stupidities is higher.

Thanks again
              I tried to update it to that version too, but the bios got weird, just check, after you modify any bios, do the command /D in Cbrom, to you comprove if the BIOS mod was succesfully re-arranged. If you still have this modded bios , open it with cbrom and see if all the modules are being showing.

Anything, here I am.

Comment

Hi
                I need Help
                Does anyone have a new mod for EP45C-DS3R 1.0
                And if not whether any of you done for me the bios?

Realtek LAN ROM 2.51

My Bios

Thanx :)

Comment

Hey guys,

Because of Hurricane Sandy, I am currently out of power untill Nov. 4 they say. We do have a generator going to keep fridge and lights going. This also allows me to pop in and say hi and place a few comments. Unfortunately I can not do any bios mods doing this period as I can only fire up 1 system and not the system that has all the files on it.

If others can help out with the mods doing this time that would great.

Again sorry for the inconvenience, hope to be back in full swing soon.

Ace.
                  Main Rig
                  Gigabyte z87x-OC
                  Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                  G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                  Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                  Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                  HiS ATI HD 6950
                  Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                  Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                  Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                  Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                  CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                  Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                  EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                  Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                  Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx@ View Post
                    Hi
                    I need Help
                    Does anyone have a new mod for EP45C-DS3R 1.0
                    And if not whether any of you done for me the bios?

Realtek LAN ROM 2.51

My Bios

Thanx :)

EP4CDS3RMOD.F6d-IR.11.6.1702-RT.2.51.rar

Updated with...

IRST 11.6.0.1702
                    Realtek 2.51
                    Last edited by skypy; 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skypy View Post
                      EP4CDS3RMOD.F6d-IR.11.6.1702-RT.2.51.rar

Updated with...

IRST 11.6.0.1702
                      Realteck 2.51
                      Request: could someone provide an similarly updated bios (no rush, if there's weather related problems) for:
                      GA-EP45-UD3R Rev 1.0 Bios F12
                      Updated with...
                      Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
                      JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
                      RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47
                      GA-EP45-UD3R_Rev.1.0_F12_6_12_12

TIA

Comment

Gigabyte_GA-EP45-UD3R_(Rev.1.0)_F12_IR11.6.1702_JM28_RT251.rar

Oroms Updated:

Intel RAID Updated to: 11.6.0.1702
                        JMicrom RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
                        RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.51

I bet you didn't expect it this fast :)
                        Last edited by skypy; 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Anyone have an updated BIOS for a P55A-UD4P board?

Comment

Originally posted by zonly1 View Post
                            Anyone have an updated BIOS for a P55A-UD4P board?
                            I actually have that MB, I'll Update the F14 BIOS with the Newest ORoms later today or Tomorrow for you.
                            I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                            If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

More Z68 loving... of the UEFI kind:
                              Both run fine on my 2 boxes, so they are tested ok. Only the Z68ap is currently using raid mode, for ssd acceleration (shows as a "raid 0" array in RST fyi)
                              If you are going to UEFI from old bios, make sure you follow directions to do the usb boot disk and use the flashefi.exe included.
                              FYI, Both have dell already added from the original bios download I got..

Z68AP-D3 ver2 UEFI U5A
                              Update with...
                              Intel Raid Rom 11.6.0.1702
                              Download z68ap-V2-ua5-11.6.0.1702rst.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1& v1.3 UEFI U1B
                              Update with...
                              Intel Raid Rom 11.6.0.1702
                              Download z68ma-d2h-b3u1b-11.6.0.1702rst.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

BTW, why are people concerned with updating the realtek PXE rom? That's just for boot on LAN, right?

Comment

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
                                Model: GA-P55A-UD4P (Rev 1.0)
                                Bios Type: Award
                                Bios Revision: F14

Intel Raid Rom Updated to 11.6.0.1702
                                JMicron Raid ROM Updated to 1.07.28
                                Reltek Updated to 2.51

Gigabyte_GA-P55A-UD4P_(Rev1.0)_F14_IR11.6.1702_JM28_RT251.rar

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
                                Model: GA-P55A-UD4P (Rev 1.0)
                                Bios Type: Award
                                Bios Revision: F15a

Intel Raid Rom Updated to 11.6.0.1702
                                JMicron Raid ROM Updated to 1.07.28
                                Reltek Updated to 2.51

Gigabyte_GA-P55A-UD4P_(Rev1.0)_F15a_IR11.6.1702_JM28_RT251.rar

Comment

Working...
                                X