• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boombastik
    replied
    Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Ezio thank you very mach.
    I discover something if i change 1 option in bios i dont have the fps dips with maxwell nvidia cards.
    This option is isochronous support from enabled to ---> disabled.
    Maybe know why?
    Last edited by boombastik; 04-18-2016, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ezio
    replied

Originally posted by boombastik View Post
    I search this bios .
    The link dont work!
    If anyone have this can uploaded?

EX58-Extreme Bios F12 MOD
    Updated with...
    Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
    JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
    RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47
    EX58EXmod.F12

Read more: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...fied-bios.html
    Originally posted by stasio View Post
    ^
    Why you want F12 mod?
    F13u mod link still working.
    Here's the updated link: EX58EXmod.F12
    I removed the dropbox link long time ago because i thought everyone switched to the f13u version (i did it too, it works well on my side) :D

Leave a comment:

• boombastik
    replied

^
    Why you want F12 mod?
    F12 is better.
    With f13 i have fps drops with maxwell nvidia cards.
    I found a modded bios from ud5 witch is f12 and i crossflash it so i am ok.

it is something like microfreezes. For example bf4 goes to 1 fps for a fraction of second.
    With f12 i dont have this.
    So they may introduce some bug.
    my cpu is i7 960 at stock.

Leave a comment:

• sedor
    replied

I am right now looking for a modified BIOS of the "GA X99 Gaming 5" board (current BIOS version: F20) which gives me the hidden menus - I am missing PCI settings and so on...

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

^
    Why you want F12 mod?

Leave a comment:

• boombastik
    replied

I search this bios .
    The link dont work!
    If anyone have this can uploaded?

EX58-Extreme Bios F12 MOD
    Updated with...
    Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
    JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
    RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47
    EX58EXmod.F12

Read more: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...fied-bios.html

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

thevoiceover,

I suggest you to visit 2 forums bellows:
    Forum - BIOS Modding Guides and Problems
    and
    BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only

Leave a comment:

• sedor
    replied

Good morning,

I came across this forum during my search I've done because of this problem:
    I am setting up a multi GPU system, currently that system has 5 GPUs running and I want to run another one - but when I turn my PC on I get the (BIOS) message that there aren't enough free PCI resources.

What I've found out so far is that the BIOS has to reserve more memory to get more cards running, my question is: can a BIOS modified in that way?

Leave a comment:

• thevoiceover
    replied

^
    Before somebody mod BIOS F12 for you,did you try latest F13h?.... BIOS is dated 08/16/2010.
    It has AHCI 120E ROM updated.

Link is bellow:
    Under .....GA-EP45-D series

Unzip,use same FLASHSPI from F13d (you can also rename/edit autoexec to .13h) and flash in DOS.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-EP45-DQ6 (rev. 1.0)

Few members here mod older Award BIOS well with CBROM, hope will help you.
    Wish you luck!
    Thanks for the update, I had not tried this version and just got to it - I can tell you it booted way quicker and I loved the 1.20E vs the 1.07, it smoked. I also noticed the BIOS now gave me an option for RaidX .. I had full faith that this was going to work but it didn't... It did pretty much the same thing in Windows 10 (not waking, staying black screen and then I reset and it goes to reboot cycle.) I then immediately went back to the F12 BIOS and first thing I tried was sleep and it came right back up (very quick and all my devices working proper.) so this pretty much sums up to me that whatever fixes they listed on the official website for version F12 " 1. Fixed Vista S3 resume sometimes failed " is what fixes my sleep issues. The F13 branch obviously seem to have broken this or not implement it. I think this explains why I see so many people with sleep issues on this motherboard as most people have been running F13* ..

This also explains to me the years of trying to figure out my DSDT and clean sleep issues on F13*, it probably has always been broken and I should have been working off a F12 build. Too bad I have not the energy or health to attempt all of this again with my DSDT and so on, I may have had it going if I would have been using F12 the whole time (then again probably not ;) )

Regardless, thanks for making we aware of this version and letting me test it, this further proves to me though that the F13 branch is broken for sleep..

So back to my request, could if someone is willing to help me out I would be of most happy!!! I would like to get a modified version of F12 BIOS for the GA-EP45-DQ6 that has the following (I think the F13H version has these in them already) or if a newer/better version I am missing out on! Not to forget the CPU microcode on the F13H version if it is different.
    - Intel vAHCI 1.20E
    - JMicron v1.06.78
    - Intel RAID v11.2.0.1527
    - Realtek v2.63

This to me would have made the best BIOS that could have been released for this motherboard. Is someone here able to take on this task for me ??

Respectfully,
    The Voice Over

---UPDATE , I figure this is going to be something I am going to have to attempt on my own but got scared from the research I have read and am hoping someone who is a pro at this will at least guide me or build it. I was looking at the files I needed to update and ran into ICHAAHCI.BIN (I am assuming this is to update my 1.07 SATA to the 1.20E) but found out it is "Above the sensitive MINIT module." What does this mean for me? Is it possible to do or am I out of luck ? The other drivers I really wanted updated fall below that module, but this one is pretty important..

--UPDATE 2 , I noticed the file ACPITBL.BIN within the BIOS, I am assuming this is just the DSDT table, well maybe the F12 version actually has the S3 fixes and the F13 never got this, does this make any sense? I am doubting myself but want to get this resolved. Can you guys think of anything bad that could happen if only the ACPITBL.BIN was downgraded to a known working one?
    Last edited by thevoiceover; 04-11-2016, 06:09 PM. Reason: update!

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

^
    Before somebody mod BIOS F12 for you,did you try latest F13h?.... BIOS is dated 08/16/2010.
    It has AHCI 120E ROM updated.

Link is bellow:
    Under .....GA-EP45-D series

Unzip,use same FLASHSPI from F13d (you can also rename/edit autoexec to .13h) and flash in DOS.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-EP45-DQ6 (rev. 1.0)

Few members here mod older Award BIOS well with CBROM, hope will help you.
    Wish you luck!
    Last edited by stasio; 04-10-2016, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thevoiceover
    replied

Guys,

I am having a few issues and was looking for a little help for someone with the technical knowledge to help me out w/o me killing my board of course ;) -- for starters, I am pretty tired as I have been struggling pretty bad with my health and these last chemo session/cycles has got me to a point were I do not have too much energy, but a determined to get this old computer running again for my kids as they are at a point were they can start using a PC.

I wanted to mention I have a GA-EP45-DQ6 and running WIN 10 with clover and a few other OS's. I switched back to bios version F12 as F13D didn't seem to keep up on the S3 fixes as F12 did (my Windows box wouldn't go to sleep but infinite reboot with F13D when I tried, F12 fixed these issues and sleeps fine.)

What I am requesting is a modified bios (preferably F12 but F13D would be nice to have too) with all the current HW driver update (Realtek / Jmicron / Intel Sata, etc..)

I have not seen anyone post these at all for these boards. I again need it to be a sure correct upgrade as I do not have the money to afford any upgrades (Why I am using this old board) and I am just trying to get the best I can get going for the family if things don't start looking up for me with my kids.

Thanks for any help and any possible attempt to help me out, I know this isn't needed and since nobody knows me, why would they want to help?!?

Respectfully,
    TVO

Leave a comment:

• cdkg
    replied

Originally posted by ericgl View Post
    OK, thanks.

I decided to go ahead and flash the BIOS that I updated with UBU v1.37.
    I have DualBIOS, so I can use the secondary backup BIOS in case of trouble.
    BIOS flashed OK. After that, updated MEI FW from Windows.
    Done.
    ericgl, would you mind posting the updated BIOS you made for the Z77X-UD5H?

Leave a comment:

• Dragondale13
    replied

Hello! Is F21e, still the latest bios mod for X79-UD3?

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andreych1982
    replied

Dear, stasio. Thank you very much. I managed, thanks to your instructions, to work all cores at the frequency of 3900MHz, on my 4770 CPU
    I am very grateful to You. ​Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

Working...
X