X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by snout View Post
    Well i cannot open either of them rar and zip.
    Double click on either and i get two files - the read me changelog and another zip file, this will not extract.
    I have tried several other zip files on my PC and they are fine - but not this one gents.
    Second file is BIOS......not .zip file !!??....

Btw,
    only BIOS file:
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Well i cannot open either of them rar and zip.
      Double click on either and i get two files - the read me changelog and another zip file, this will not extract.
      I have tried several other zip files on my PC and they are fine - but not this one gents.
      Open the rar and just pull the files out ...don't bother extrtacting them ...open rar ....click and drag them out. Also ...jut incase your getting confused ....the z at the end is not a zip or 7z its the the bios version lol
      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
        Open the rar and just pull the files out ...don't bother extrtacting them ...open rar ....click and drag them out. Also ...jut incase your getting confused ....the z at the end is not a zip or 7z its the the bios version lol
        HAHA - Oh yeah its Version 'Z' LOL, Smashes head against wall.
        G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
        CPU Intel x3960
        Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
        Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
        Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
        Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
        Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
        Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
        PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
        Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
        Screen Benq XL2420T 24
        Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

HAHA - Oh yeah its Version 'Z' LOL, Smashes head against wall.
          Tbh ...I think f12y is better ...usb3 problems in bios ....im getting a long beep when usb 3 is enabled ...also cold boot failure. I may go back to f12y ...ive disabled usb3 ...so when I switch on tomorrow ill find out if that's the cause of boot failure. My OC settings were fine before.

Comment

GA-Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod working great for me. Thanks acebmxer

Comment

Im' still on F6a modified for my UP4 X79 working splendid thx
              I7 3930K@4500@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Gskill 2133mhz Gigabyte X79 UP4@ F6A modified bios Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb +8Tb 2x evga 760 superclocked with acx cooler Corsair HX850 LG 29EB73-P 29''
              I7 2600k@4500@Corsair H100 16G Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz Asus P8P67 DLX Samsung Evo 250 gb +3Tb Evga GTX 660 Corsair TX650v2 LG EB2711 27''

Comment

Awesome work as always, sorry but can I have a couple more done to the latest BIOS versions :)

And

Much liking these Gigabyte boards, especially with these great BIOS mods :)

Comment

Originally posted by weasel77 View Post
                  Im' still on F6a modified for my UP4 X79 working splendid thx
                  Kinda same boat here. Working currently at QPI, but since Gigabyte BIOSes F5-F6a are failure still can't POST at any settings with vCore set to 'NORMAL' with any offset while using x1.25 (Gear Ratio) I wonder do you see this the same?

(And no it won't even POST at 1,6v VTT, heh, actually did go pretty damn close with 1.45v VTT attempt try'd to psuh everything down CPU ratio to x12 and turbo at x12 with every single function of BIOS disabled including all storage/NIC/etc PCIe channel at PCIe 1.1, lol, but the damn thing just doesn't damn POST no matter how I try with any Gigabyte created BIOS rev 1.0/1.1 w/e.)

-edit-

Don't get me wrong it will POST at vCore set manually quite low even with proper VTT.

Think I might have to RMA the board to Gigabyte because I now loaned ASUS X79 board and it works (yet again) flawless against what Gigabyte fails to do. I don't know what is wrong with Gigabyte BIOSes year after year this is 4th board I was forced by buy with Gigabyte reading on top and none of the boards as of CPU consider has ever worked as they should. Which literally is begin to be an issue because I am tired of RMAing Gigabyte boards just to notice that when I change back to ASUS all are again working. This goes from X38, X58, Z68 now to X79.
                  (If Mr.Tweak wants to ban me about this comment he is welcome to... Just opinion/notion of history to consider of above attempt to find a BIOS that works)
                  Last edited by genetix; 02-09-2014, 05:54 AM.
                  "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Comment

Originally posted by genetix View Post
                    Kinda same boat here. Working currently at QPI, but since Gigabyte BIOSes F5-F6a are failure still can't POST at any settings with vCore set to 'NORMAL' with any offset while using x1.25 (Gear Ratio) I wonder do you see this the same?

(And no it won't even POST at 1,6v VTT, heh, actually did go pretty damn close with 1.45v VTT attempt try'd to psuh everything down CPU ratio to x12 and turbo at x12 with every single function of BIOS disabled including all storage/NIC/etc PCIe channel at PCIe 1.1, lol, but the damn thing just doesn't damn POST no matter how I try with any Gigabyte created BIOS rev 1.0/1.1 w/e.)

-edit-

Don't get me wrong it will POST at vCore set manually quite low even with proper VTT.

Think I might have to RMA the board to Gigabyte because I now loaned ASUS X79 board and it works (yet again) flawless against what Gigabyte fails to do. I don't know what is wrong with Gigabyte BIOSes year after year this is 4th board I was forced by buy with Gigabyte reading on top and none of the boards as of CPU consider has ever worked as they should. Which literally is begin to be an issue because I am tired of RMAing Gigabyte boards just to notice that when I change back to ASUS all are again working. This goes from X38, X58, Z68 now to X79.

For me it works perfectly stable with every modified bios i tested overhere,i think you should rma your board...i had a asus x79 deluxe before and that thing was just pure sh**.had a defective memory lane sometimes it recognized the memory sometimes not did al lot of testing before i found the culprit.''I prefer gigabyte anytime over asus but thats personal experience,had 3 p8p67 deluxe mobo's from asus before i had a good working one.
                    I7 3930K@4500@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Gskill 2133mhz Gigabyte X79 UP4@ F6A modified bios Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb +8Tb 2x evga 760 superclocked with acx cooler Corsair HX850 LG 29EB73-P 29''
                    I7 2600k@4500@Corsair H100 16G Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz Asus P8P67 DLX Samsung Evo 250 gb +3Tb Evga GTX 660 Corsair TX650v2 LG EB2711 27''

Comment

For me it works perfectly stable with every modified bios i tested overhere,i think you should rma your board...i had a asus x79 deluxe before and that thing was just pure sh**.had a defective memory lane sometimes it recognized the memory sometimes not did al lot of testing before i found the culprit.''I prefer gigabyte anytime over asus but thats personal experience,had 3 p8p67 deluxe mobo's from asus before i had a good working one.
                      Yeah, but are you POSTing with Gear Ratio: x1.25, vCore set to 'NORMAL' with offset ? QPI at 4Ghz?

Because, I don't care, if your CPU is 1,2Ghz or 7,5Ghz, if you can't raise the Internal speed it's not even an overclock.
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Comment

Yeah, but are you POSTing with Gear Ratio: x1.25, vCore set to 'NORMAL' with offset ? QPI at 4Ghz?

No never tried the gear ratio...for stability reasons even on my asus board that wasn't 100% satisfying,you can better keep it on normal and up the multi for better oc results :)

Comment

No never tried the gear ratio...for stability reasons even on my asus board that wasn't 100% satisfying,you can better keep it on normal and up the multi for better oc results :)
                          no, heh, been here long enough to understand what is fast. For example if you would set your vCore at 1.464v manually then set the Gear Ratio to x1.25 and push VTT around 1.15-1.3v range to lower needed vCore with exreme low latency memory lets say CL8-8-8-24 1600 ratio pushed by Gear Ratio to 2Ghz Quad or Triple channel. Your system would be twice as fast than lets say CPU ratio pushed to 5,1Ghz and that would work.

The so called Uncore or QPI Link speed is everything when it comes to performance, heck, you could basically push with this setup core clean up to 4,9Ghz too without any issues because Internal speeds would be so much more stable beside the fact that when you clock CPU Ratio/Turbo alone your memory is functioning differently unless you reach 2666Mhz with decent CLs but in all scenarios, if you do above you will read/write/copy at same speed and your Latency at memory will be damn good like I got 49ns.

My problem with this is the vCore at 'NORMAL' won't POST no matter what you do and that negates the usage of Intel TM1-2, EIST which again at IDLE state machine would decrease CPU voltage to save power and when I need power out-of-box again I could utilize EIST again from OS.
                          Last edited by genetix; 02-09-2014, 06:07 AM.

Comment

no, heh, been here long enough to understand what is fast. For example if you would set your vCore at 1.464v manually then set the Gear Ratio to x1.25 and push VTT around 1.15-1.3v range to lower needed vCore with exreme low latency memory lets say CL8-8-8-24 1600 ratio pushed by Gear Ratio to 2Ghz Quad or Triple channel. Your system would be twice as fast than lets say CPU ratio pushed to 5,1Ghz and that would work.

The so called Uncore or QPI Link speed is everything when it comes to performance, heck, you could basically push with this setup core clean up to 4,9Ghz too without any issues because Internal speeds would be so much more stable beside the fact that when you clock CPU Ratio/Turbo alone your memory is functioning differently unless you reach 2666Mhz with decent CLs but in all scenarios, if you do above you will read/write/copy at same speed and your Latency at memory will be damn good like I got 49ns.
                            interesting genetix but i'll leave my system like it is now all is running fine,i would still rma your board overhere gigabyte has excelent rma service don't know in Finland.

cheers

Comment

I have a feeling that f12z bios for g1assassin 2 wasn't meant to be put out ...my system is so unstable ...get occasional boot failures ...cant enable usb3 without getting this long annoying beep ...and now online video is crashing with a whea uncorrectable error nearly all the time now.

Comment

cool ...I can use uefi bios updater lol ...thanks dude ....is simples !!

Comment

Working...
                                X