GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Check the voltgae requirement of your RAM and adjust the BIOS to match that it may help
    I7 930 4.2 Ghz || Gigabyte X58A-UD3R REV 1 || 12 GB Corsair 1600 RAM ||650 W Corsair PSU || Noctua NH-D14 || Nvidia 8800 GT

Visit My 3D Forum - Free Tutorials !!

Comment

Originally posted by sheldon View Post
      Hello,

I am getting a boot loop problem with my newly purchased GA-X58A-UD3R. It seems like I'm not alone in this problem, if anyone has a stable fix for this then please let me know :)

I recently purchased the following to upgrade the guts of my computer...
      Intel Core i7 930 Nehalem CPU 2.8 Ghz 4 Cores 8 Hyperthread LGA1366
      Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R i7 LGA1366 X58 MB DDR3 Triple USB3 Crossfire Heatpipe
      OCZ VERTEX 2 60GB SSD 285/275 R/W/MB# [OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G]
      6Gb Triple DDR3 1600 Memory Patriot PSD36G1600KH for i7 Triple Kit

My graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 1Gb and my PSU is a Gigabyte 720W.

Here is my fault finding techniques and results....
      So I plugged all my comp parts together, booted up onto Windows7 disc, installed Windows7 onto new SSD, it does a reboot as part of the installation, after booting the BIOS it tries to resume the Windows7 install and BAM, reboots, then after booting the BIOS and trying to resume the Windows7 install, BAM, reboots again and then gets stuck on an infinite reboot cycle.
      I tried unplugging everything except the bare essentials (eg unplug the extra HDDs, 2nd dvdrom, floppy drive, front end USB adaptors) so I just had the SSD and dvdrom and blew away the previous Windows7 install and started again, same rebooting problem happens (reboots when the 4 orbs combine to make the Windows7 logo).
      I tried installing Windows7 32bit and WinXP, same problem (though WinXP gave a blue screen rather then rebooting).
      I tried unplugging the SSD, plugging in the HDD, and installing Windows7 onto my HDD (using same sata port and cables) and everything works fine *strange, sounds like SSD, right?*
      I took the SSD over to my friend's place and he was able to install Windows7 fine on the SSD with his system and had no rebooting problem.
      I took the SSD back to my place (with fully installed Windows7) and I was able to boot all the way to Windows7 desktop but then it rebooted while Windows7 was reconfiguring itself to my hardware. I got back into Windows7 and installed the manufacturer's mainboard drivers and they installed fine, I checked the system info in Windows and it picked up my 6GB ram, I was able to reboot and get back into Windows7 no problem, tried rebooting again, still all good, tried shutting down and left it for 5mins then tried booting back up and BAM, I get the constant rebooting issue while loading Windows7 (again when the 4 orbs combine to make the Windows7 logo).
      I was thinking my system may be drawing too much power (I got 720W) or CPU overheating (my CPU ranges between 46 and 49 degrees and Mainboard ranges between 49 and 52 degrees) but using Windows7 on my HDD I was able to play Starcraft2 against 7 hard AIs (which I won) and that worked fine.

So in the end, I'm not too sure what the problem is, you think it might be that the parts are just simply not compatible with each other? Or maybe there is a problem with the Mainboard, CPU or RAM?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide :)
      have you flashed to the latest bios with q-flash first??? also disable any floppy drives in the bios drive A and boot order,disable intel turbo boost and see if it stops boot looping,but first thing is to update the bios
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree, it may be due to using an older BIOS what BIOS are you using?

I'd go ahead and update to the latest, here they are

Please use Qflash to update, DO NOT USE @BIOS, here is a guide

OS Drive connected to the first Intel port, SATAII_0? If not please do, and connect your CD drive to the last SATAII_4 or 5.

For windows 7 set BIOS to AHCI and install, no drivers needed but you can load the Intel 9.6 AHCI ones if you want
        http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ntel%C2%AE+RST)

Integrated Peripherals

X58
        Intel Controller (Blue Ports)
        eXtreme Hard Drive (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ........................ Disabled
        ICH SATA Control Mode (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ..................... AHCI
        SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (Intel ICH10R South Bridge) ............. Enabled

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I'm at work at the moment so I'll have to wait until I am at home to try them out.
          My current BIOS is FA. I haven't flashed it but looking on the Gigabyte website, the FA BIOS appears to be the latest. I looked at the website LSDME linked and it showed two other BIOS versions but I'm not sure if they are older or newer then my FA BIOS. The linked ones are F6p and FB18. Should I replace FA with one of those?

My OS is using Sata drive 0. I tried other sata ports but that didn't help. My dvdrom is using IDE (not sata).

I'll post again once I've tried some more tests.

Comment

BIOS FB18 is linked above, I'd use that if you have Revision 2.0 board which I assume you do since you are using FA now. Revision 2 boards always have F then letter format (FG2), Revision one boards always have F then number format (F12)

You should check your board PCB for the revision # to be sure, it's printed on the PCB, but I'm pretty sure you have 2.0.

It may be an issue caused by the IDE DVD rom then, if possible test without this connected or with a SATA CD/DVD drive if you can. As for your IDE CD drive now, be sure it's the only thing on the cable and set the jumper to master or CS and place the drive on the end of the ribbon cable.

Comment

I have the same board and I had this problem in my initial setup. I think what changed to fix it for me was changing your performance enhance settings for your memory to standard in your bios. Also, try manually setting your memory timings.
              i7 920(D0) @ 3.82Ghz (182x21) 1.214V
              GA-EX58UD3R Rev 1.6 (Bios. FB)
              G-Skill DDR3 (3x2gb)PC1600 (9-9-9-24-1t)
              Saphire Radeon HD5850
              WD Caviar Black 640Gb
              OCZ ModXstream 750W PSU
              Sony Optiarc DVD/CD RW
              Xigmatech Dark Knight

Comment

Any luck with this yet? Just checking in

Comment

I did some more tests but it just got all too confusing for me. I couldn't even say for sure which component was causing the problem. I suspect it is the MB but I was told it could end up being the SSD even though the SSD worked ok in my friend's computer. Personally I think it is a compatibility issue and my computer parts are just not getting along with each other.

I ended up giving up and giving the whole desktop to the company who sold me the parts. Once I get my computer back I'll let everyone know their conclusions.

Thanks everyone for the help though, I appreciate it. Will post again soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear things couldn't be narrowed down, let us know what they find out for you.

Comment

Finally got my comp back!

The tech people told me my CPU overheated but after replacing the CPU with a new CPU of the same type (i7 930) it had same problem. So they replaced the SSD with a new SSD of same type, same problem. So they replaced the Mainboard with a new MB of the same type, similar problem but instead of the boot loop, it just went real real slow.

So they took out the Gigabyte MB and put in an ASUS MB of similar specs and presto, all works perfectly!

Must have been a compatibility issue, which is strange because I've had Gigabyte mainboards in the past and have had no problems with them.

I may have been able to fix the problem with tweeking settings but I was concerned about damaging components or even worse, stressing the components out and the components dieing just outside of the warrenty period.

Thanks for the assistance everyone, pity I couldn't find out precisely which 2 (or more) components were conflicting with each other.

Comment

Replace SSD because of CPU issues, what line of reasoning is that?

So if compatibility issue, what with, did you ever find out? It would be nice to know for future reference, and it sounds odd since they did not tell you what was incompatible.

Nice to hear you have a working system now though!

Comment

Had an issue like this after flash the bios, it would just reboot, cpu fan turns on, cpu fan turns off, in desperate times I held down the Ctrl key and the Home key and to my amazement it rebooted with crash bios recovery and automatic copied a good bios into the bad one, reset then booted fine, try this as a last resort before you return your motherboard like I was going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by wallz View Post
                            Upon pressing the power button, computer starts up for appx. 4seconds, then immediately shuts down again. It sits for another 3 or 4 seconds, then starts back up, then shuts down, etc etc. This will continue for seemingly forever. To get it to stop I've got to flip the switch on the PSU.

I've tried removing various components, unplugging and replugging in cables, different # of RAM sticks, clearing CMOS, etc. Nothing seems to get the computer to stay on for more than 5 seconds.

I've read some reviews on newegg and plenty of other sites saying that this is a somewhat common issue, and to RMA the board IMMEDIATELY, as there seems to be no solution to the problem. If this is the case, please tell me right away that more than likely this issue isn't going to go away, so I can begin the RMA process right away, and get another GIGABYTE board.

My system:

GA-X58A-UD3R
                            i7 920
                            6gb corsair DDR
                            600w OCZ PSU
                            XFX GTS250 1gb
                            1 sata HD. 1 IDE DVD drive and 1 IDE HD.

Thanks to anyone with any thoughts!

Dude this happened to me just yesterday, same as, thought the whole things was screwed, I then read that you can get the backup bios to boot in if you hold both the ctrl + home keys when you start up the system, just hold them both for about 10 seconds or until a screen shows telling you recovery of bios ..blah blah blah it flashes it'self from the backup bios then reboots and it's once more fine again, give it a try you got nothing to lose, this happend to me after flashing the bios to the latest version FB.
                            Last edited by bossgp; 09-24-2010, 03:54 AM. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE

Comment

The same thing happened on my computer running on a restart

along

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-21_110307.png
Views:	2
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	755230
                                Originally posted by samuel alfred
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8299[/ATTACH]
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-21_110307.png
Views:	2
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	755230
                                Last edited by samuel alfred; 11-21-2018, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X