GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Sorry, I thought you could get it going again after you cleared the CMOS.

Did you try to do that again for a longer time?

Please try to clear your CMOS for 20 minutes or a few hours and then see if you can start the machine with one stick of memory in a white slot.

Do you have another PSU to test with?

Comment

whats the best way to clear cmos? i need to use button or battery?
      I have other psu but with 4-pin cpu plug.

Comment

I would remove the battery in this situation, for 20 minutes or so, and unplug your PSU and press and hold the case power button for one minute after you unplug it.

Can you borrow a larger PSU with 8 pin?

Comment

i cleared cmos but its dont work still same problem, its will be hard with psu but i try...
          can i do something now without other psu ?

Comment

try with just one stick of ram in the first white slot from cpu socket,a four pin psu will work as long as you have a 24pin mb plug and a four pin for the cpu,it will only plug in one way
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

computer on this second psu(4pin) restarting too...

Comment

tried re-installing the cpu and heatsink?? did you leave mb battery out overnight then try???
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yes, i reinstal cpu and cooling a few times...
                  ok, i will try leave mobo without battery to night...

Comment

Let us know how you get along, and see if you can get a different PSU from a friend to test with.

You could try that 4pin PSU, sometimes they will work ok for short periods (I would not use it for daily use though, just to test).

Does this PSU have 24pin cable too, or only 20?

Comment

on second PSU (4pin + 24pin) pc restarting too :(
                      i dont know what to do...
                      its a mobo problem or memory?
                      i see orange leds next to memory...

Comment

I would borrow a PSU from a friend and test that.

Do you have a case speaker connected? If not get one and see if any error beeps are given

Comment

Im after tests, 3 PSU:
                          -Tracer 400W (24+4pin)
                          -OCZ 600W (24+8pin)
                          -Corsair 550W (24+8pin)
                          Other memory (2x DDR3 1600mhz) other CPU (i7 920) other GPU (ati x1600, gf 8800)
                          still same and same restarting, restarting, restarting...
                          Its time to send it back to shop :(
                          Thank you for help.

Comment

Well if you have not sent it back yet, can you please post a few high res images of the CPU socket for us so we can check to be sure you do not have any faulty pins?

As a side thought, none of those PSU's may be enough to run this board, I see issues often with PSU's less than 650-750W and issues also with brands you tested too so that might not be a good definitive PSU test

Comment

Hello all, I had this same issue and using the information here and on other threads was finally able to solve it. The only potential difference was that my machine worked for a day or so before hitting this issue, so I was fairly sure it was not bent CPU pins or other hardware issue though I certainly went through quite a bit of hardware troubleshooting anyway.

I recorded what I got up to here, with some pictures:

As I mention on the subsequent edit, the loop was apparently triggered by Windows placing the machine in a suspend/sleep mode thanks to the default power settings. Once I altered that setting the issue did not re-occur, and I discovered that pressing and holding the clear CMOS button at the powering up part of the loop appeared to break the cycle, so the shorting of the main BIOS may not be necessary.

Good luck with your boards, and hopefully we will get an updated BIOS that fixes this issue permanently :)

Comment

Hello,

I am getting a boot loop problem with my newly purchased GA-X58A-UD3R. It seems like I'm not alone in this problem, if anyone has a stable fix for this then please let me know :)

I recently purchased the following to upgrade the guts of my computer...
                                Intel Core i7 930 Nehalem CPU 2.8 Ghz 4 Cores 8 Hyperthread LGA1366
                                Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R i7 LGA1366 X58 MB DDR3 Triple USB3 Crossfire Heatpipe
                                OCZ VERTEX 2 60GB SSD 285/275 R/W/MB# [OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G]
                                6Gb Triple DDR3 1600 Memory Patriot PSD36G1600KH for i7 Triple Kit

My graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 1Gb and my PSU is a Gigabyte 720W.

Here is my fault finding techniques and results....
                                So I plugged all my comp parts together, booted up onto Windows7 disc, installed Windows7 onto new SSD, it does a reboot as part of the installation, after booting the BIOS it tries to resume the Windows7 install and BAM, reboots, then after booting the BIOS and trying to resume the Windows7 install, BAM, reboots again and then gets stuck on an infinite reboot cycle.
                                I tried unplugging everything except the bare essentials (eg unplug the extra HDDs, 2nd dvdrom, floppy drive, front end USB adaptors) so I just had the SSD and dvdrom and blew away the previous Windows7 install and started again, same rebooting problem happens (reboots when the 4 orbs combine to make the Windows7 logo).
                                I tried installing Windows7 32bit and WinXP, same problem (though WinXP gave a blue screen rather then rebooting).
                                I tried unplugging the SSD, plugging in the HDD, and installing Windows7 onto my HDD (using same sata port and cables) and everything works fine *strange, sounds like SSD, right?*
                                I took the SSD over to my friend's place and he was able to install Windows7 fine on the SSD with his system and had no rebooting problem.
                                I took the SSD back to my place (with fully installed Windows7) and I was able to boot all the way to Windows7 desktop but then it rebooted while Windows7 was reconfiguring itself to my hardware. I got back into Windows7 and installed the manufacturer's mainboard drivers and they installed fine, I checked the system info in Windows and it picked up my 6GB ram, I was able to reboot and get back into Windows7 no problem, tried rebooting again, still all good, tried shutting down and left it for 5mins then tried booting back up and BAM, I get the constant rebooting issue while loading Windows7 (again when the 4 orbs combine to make the Windows7 logo).
                                I was thinking my system may be drawing too much power (I got 720W) or CPU overheating (my CPU ranges between 46 and 49 degrees and Mainboard ranges between 49 and 52 degrees) but using Windows7 on my HDD I was able to play Starcraft2 against 7 hard AIs (which I won) and that worked fine.

So in the end, I'm not too sure what the problem is, you think it might be that the parts are just simply not compatible with each other? Or maybe there is a problem with the Mainboard, CPU or RAM?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide :)

Comment

Working...
                                X