• Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

600w OCZ yields no results.

650w Antec doesn't either.

:(

Comment

i think too that the mainboard does not support i7 930 ! So... i hope they will fix it .... The Board has soo good things...

=/

I tried ram 1066 and ram 2000 so i think that cant be the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by skiigor View Post
        Before installing the CPU, I carefully examined the socket - no bad pins.
        Please remove the CPU and look now, you may have bent pins putting the CPU in the socket.

Originally posted by wallz View Post
        With the purchase of that last PSU, it's a no-cash refunds kind of deal. I think my next course of action after attempting to short the BIOS will be to exchange that PSU for a 750w one, thusly ruling out any PSU problems outright. Failing that, exchange that larger PSU for the same MOBO, but new.

I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid any kind of RMA.

Do you think I should still try the whole system laid out on cardboard?
        Yes, always try on a cardbaord box, off the motherboard tray in case there is a short. 750W PSU is a great idea, I should have suggested you get a 750-850 to begin with, sorry I did not.

Originally posted by pandalord289 View Post
        Now i sended it back to my trader. I tried a second PSU with 400W and first i had RAM with 2200 OCZ and now i have Ram 1066 (Pref Intel) GeilDimm . So think it can only be the Mainboard or the CPU oder the Bios. I took out the Biosbat so maybe i died something wrong.... but i hope Alternate will do it well. I will get it back in 7-10 Days. They will check if the Mb and the CPU and the PSU is working in combo.

I hope maybe so i can get clear with this situation.

Thanks !
        I think 400W PSU is no where near enough, and to wallz I also really think the 600-650W may not be enough either?

930 CPU should work with all BIOSes these boards ship with but maybe not? I will check.

I checked and you may have an issue with that. For 930 the BIOS must be F4 or above, so some may have shipped with F1-F3 and not work for 930. So you might need a 920 to flash, if this is the problem, if not a 920 would be great to test with if you can find one to borrow. If you could then you could see if it would boot, and if so check the BIOS or update while you are in there as well.

Comment

Thank YOU!

I checked the Pins and the SocketCPU on the mainboard very carefully but everything seems to be Okay!

So i think too that the bios is too low on F3 but i havnt a 920 to update so i hope my trader will fix it.

thanks!

Comment

Looks like I almost solved the problem with my motherboard.

I went to a technical service center and then we tested it with another power supply, another video card, checked once a socket for the presence of bent pins - and the results were the same - the same cyclic rebooting during the post tests and unsuccessful attempts to reach at least until the BIOS setup . Then I asked to find a different memory module. They brought in a module (Kingston 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz) set it and to my great happiness I heard a beep of successful completion the post test and saw the Gigabyte splash-picture on the screen .

On Monday or Tuesday I'm going to buy the same memory modules (Kingston 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz) and run my system at home. So this was a problem of incompatibility of memory modules with the motherboard

One more thing: if you take out all memory modules and run the system for some reason no longer beep-alarm on this board as it usually should be on the motherboard (beeper was attached). This fact confuse us and we really thought that the motherboard is damaged. But not..
            Last edited by skiigor; 04-10-2010, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Nice to see you found the problem Skiigor.

For future reference, what is "Good Ram", that's all I can find you say for brand on the memory that gave you problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                Nice to see you found the problem Skiigor.

For future reference, what is "Good Ram", that's all I can find you say for brand on the memory that gave you problems?
                "Good Ram" - brand name of the Poland company "Wilk Elektronik" - Home Page
                GOODRAM DDR3

Unfortunately the memory modules were not "GOOD" enough for the GIGABYTE motherboard or vice versa... ;)

Comment

Thanks, added to my list.

Comment

I just received my X58-UD3R (rev 1.0) and am trying to set it up. I have i7 920 bloomfield, Spin Q CPU cooler, and Nvidia 220 GT installed and performed a boot test with 12 Gig ram installed. Instant boot loop...
                    dropped down to 1 stick of ram, and post sucessfully, (slot 1)
                    2 sticks, post successfully (slot 1 & 3)
                    3 sticks post successfully (all in white slots)

I load 4...fail...boot loop (slot 2,1,3,5)
                    load 6...fail...boot loop

Ram is Corsair TR3X6G1333C9
                    Why can't I get the system to post with ram in the blue slots? I do HD video editing and need 12 gig, 6 gig just won't cut it. I have checked the socket and there are no bent pins what else can I do?

PSU-850W Ultra x4 modular

Comment

Please give me your full current settings you are tying to use 12GB with, template to do so is in my signature.

It's probably you just need to adjust some settings is all.

Comment

Thank you for looking at this. I am having additional issues now so I have split to a new thread. Please follow it at the link below.

Comment

Ok, replied there just now, lets keep it all in one place now no need for more threads after that.

Of course you can later on if you need to or want to, but for now lets keep all this in one place, the thread you linked above.

Comment

hi guys i have same problem, i bought new pc, it worked very well but yesterday i got 'boot loop' , i clear bios and pc started normal! but today i have same problem and i dont know what to do :(
                            config:
                            StealthXStream 600W
                            Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D
                            Sapphire HD 5870
                            Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
                            i7 930
                            I must send back mobo to shop ?

Comment

You need the correct settings for your hardware.

Please give us your full settings in a template from my signature, and also what BIOS you are using.

Comment

How can i check bios if i cant turn on pc for more than 2s ?;d

i7 930 -- without any OC, oryginal settings
                                Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 3x 2GB running on 1333 Mhz ()
                                Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R -- i think its v1.0

thank you for fast reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X