GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Yes I can see the bow in the bracket due to the camera. Are you sure though, I can see it in all three images you posted and the pins right next to that are fine and not affected so I don't see how the image quality would make me see things like that in all three with no other pin defects.

Mind taking a few more of just that corner, and possibly a few at semi-parallel angles to it as well.

Yes, it could always be something else, PSU, CPU, ect. CPU could be DOA, it happens. I know this sucks to hear, but without separate hardware to test with you can neve be sure until you tested everything with something else.

That cycle is a common symptom of insufficient PSU, bent pins, or a corrupted BIOS (Something we have not touched on). If you want I can direct you on how to short the MAIN BIOS to make the secondary kick in, that would allow you to see if the BIOS is the blame.

Bad press is by un-knowledgeable users or people who do not search before buying and try to use known incompatible products. You will find the same type of complaints with ALL manufacturers boards, just the facts is all.

I am using and LOVE Vista, Hate Win 7, does the Vista Bad press concern me? No, because I know better :)

Intel will RMA the CPU for you, or can you take it where you purchased for testing? Just a second though on your CPU is all, wish I could help you personally, I'd stop over and test it all for you if I was close enough.

I'll see if I can find anyone using that PSU on X58, I'll keep you posted

*Edit*

All I can find is users using this with P55 boards, and no reviews on this with X58 either. So not sure if that is a plus or not, most choose more power for X58 is the likely reason there but that does not meant it wont work. I know that is unhelpful, sorry I will get outta here for now :(
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-08-2010, 03:51 AM.

Comment

It would be fantastic if you would tell me how to short the main :) I think I read another guide on how to do it, but it didn't include any pictures, and the writing was unclear. Is shorting it any different than removing battery / holding clear cmos button / holding power button?

Here are pics!

Comment

Shorting the MAIN BIOS chip is VERY different then clearing the CMOS. What this does is effectively tells the board your MAIN BIOS chip is dead or corrupt, that will make the secondary kick in and copy it's contents over to the MAIN BIOS chip.

This is generally last resort for someone who did a bad BIOS flash with @BIOS or otherwise, before they would need to RMA the board because it is essentially a brick without a working BIOS.

Here is the thread with the method I suggest, use my method post #2, this has saved MANY boards from RMA and I have done it myself many times. As long as you are careful you will be fine, of course it may not help anything here though but it is worth a shot. Try a few times

BE SURE YOU SHORT THE MAIN BIOS!! NOT SECONDARY!!!

And sorry, I knew I said that wrong (Parallel, I mean almost eye level but a bit above). I'd like to see images from the side kinda, almost level, as if I were looking down into it from the left side, with the socket but a bit below eye level looking towards that corner.

It does look fine though in those images, so if you are sure it is then don't worry about more. If you are not 100% sure then please post some like I mention above

Comment

id put my money on the psu
          Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
          Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
          Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
          Dual Boot
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
          Ati x1950 pro gpu
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          1050w psu
          Nzxt lexa case
          http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Originally posted by wallz View Post
            Upon pressing the power button, computer starts up for appx. 4seconds, then immediately shuts down again. It sits for another 3 or 4 seconds, then starts back up, then shuts down, etc etc. This will continue for seemingly forever. To get it to stop I've got to flip the switch on the PSU.

I've tried removing various components, unplugging and replugging in cables, different # of RAM sticks, clearing CMOS, etc. Nothing seems to get the computer to stay on for more than 5 seconds.
            Today I have exactly the same problem GA-X58A-UD3R and RAM (GOOD RAM 2 GB PC3-1060 GR1333D364L9/2G)
            LEDs near RAM slots shine and off every few seconds continuously, cpu fan starts and stops every few seconds continuously .

I took out all modules of RAM and the computer turns on, LEDs shine but without restarting.
            Tried with one white 3_1 RAM module - same thing - starts and stops every few seconds continuously
            Before installing the CPU, I carefully examined the socket - no bad pins.

My Config:
            GA-X58A-UD3R (SN: 101000019615) (new)
            Core i7-930 (new )
            Scythe Ninja 2 s1366 (CPU Cooler)
            2x GOOD RAM 2 GB PC3-1060 GR1333D364L9/2G (Wilk Elektronik - Qimonda IDSH1G-03A1F1C-13H chips) (new )
            EVGA 8800GT 512 Mb (my old graphics card working on other system)
            FSP 600-GLN (PSU) (new)
            750 Gb HDD Seagate (tested working)
            DVD-RW (tested working)

Could this be a memory incompatibility problem? Any suggestions?
            Last edited by skiigor; 04-08-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

With the purchase of that last PSU, it's a no-cash refunds kind of deal. I think my next course of action after attempting to short the BIOS will be to exchange that PSU for a 750w one, thusly ruling out any PSU problems outright. Failing that, exchange that larger PSU for the same MOBO, but new.

I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid any kind of RMA.

Do you think I should still try the whole system laid out on cardboard?

Comment

Hi Guys!

I'm Michael from Germany. I bought this Mainboard too. I have a 930 i7 and a XFX 250 and 3x2Gig GeilDimm 1066. Also I have a 750 Be Quiet! PSU.
                So i installed in my Lian all the good things and... **** happends...
                Boot-Loop!
                I started new and tried all RAM Slots.... Nothing....
                Now a online startet with PSU/CPU/Mainboard ... nothing... 24ATX and 8Pin in mobo but NOTHING!!! at all

It starts.. the CPU Fan is running .. every LED is shining and then... down .. and 2 seconds later it begins again. I checked my PSU so i used my old PSU and hoped i could come through with this. But... same... NOTHING...

No i only can send it back to my Onlineshop ALTERNATE. Hardware - Software - Entertainment

Comment

you need the cpu power 8 pin connected for the cpu to work,try wit just one stick of ram in the first white slot from cpu socket
                  Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                  Dual Boot
                  Ati x1950 pro gpu
                  1050w psu
                  Nzxt lexa case

Comment

hey!
                    Thank you for the fast reply!
                    I also tried this!
                    I tried it with 1 Ram 2 Ram and 3 Ram
                    in all Slots... with 1 and with 2 Blue and with 2 White and with 3 White and with 3 Blue...
                    Nothing at all

For the Power i used first 1 P4 and 1 P8 so 8Pins -> but then i used 1 P8 Pin which is the right one

thanks

But i think more i need a Bios update or?
                    My CPU i7 930

Comment

i dont know,to update the bios you will need a working board or a 920 chip so you can update the bios to one that supports a 930 chip,the board probably came with a working bios anyway,it could also be psu or ram,can you borrow another psu to try?? maybe exchange ram for another batch or brand??
                      Dual Boot
                      Ati x1950 pro gpu
                      1050w psu
                      Nzxt lexa case

Comment

I'm really, really sick of troubleshooting this board, and I also refuse to wait the likely 2.5 weeks for the RMA by newegg to be returned to me. I think I'm just going to return this board, and buy a new MOBO somewhere locally.

It's a shame, because I really like all of the features this one has.

Comment

Now i sended it back to my trader. I tried a second PSU with 400W and first i had RAM with 2200 OCZ and now i have Ram 1066 (Pref Intel) GeilDimm . So think it can only be the Mainboard or the CPU oder the Bios. I took out the Biosbat so maybe i died something wrong.... but i hope Alternate will do it well. I will get it back in 7-10 Days. They will check if the Mb and the CPU and the PSU is working in combo.

I hope maybe so i can get clear with this situation.

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by wallz View Post
                            I'm really, really sick of troubleshooting this board, and I also refuse to wait the likely 2.5 weeks for the RMA by newegg to be returned to me. I think I'm just going to return this board, and buy a new MOBO somewhere locally.

It's a shame, because I really like all of the features this one has.
                            i know its a pain but its a new board,luckily all my components worked out of the box plus i have a really cheapo brand psu from ebay but it works great,just stick with it and youll crack it eventually,have you tried with another psu yet?
                            Dual Boot
                            Ati x1950 pro gpu
                            1050w psu
                            Nzxt lexa case

Comment

600w OCZ yields no results.

650w Antec doesn't either.

:(

Comment

i dont think its psu then,not now youve tried two different brands,it only leaves a faulty mb or maybe ram or the factory shipped bios isnt one that supports a 930 chip but thats less likely
                                Dual Boot
                                Ati x1950 pro gpu
                                1050w psu
                                Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Working...
                                X