Ex58-extreme & i7 920

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ex58-extreme & i7 920

Haha JureZ, I still can't view the photo. Could you please upload it to photobucket or imageshack and post the url for me :)

Comment

That's odd, you should be able to view that, your settings have images enabled.

I see in the Mod panel that you have not clicked the email confirmation to join the forum, this may be the issue? Did you get the email? Look around in your control panel, and settings, ect and see if you can find a link to resend the email.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        That's odd, you should be able to view that, your settings have images enabled.

I see in the Mod panel that you have not clicked the email confirmation to join the forum, this may be the issue? Did you get the email? Look around in your control panel, and settings, ect and see if you can find a link to resend the email.
        No e-mail was sent to me actually. I just checked my email and couldn't find anything related to these forums :(

Comment

Originally posted by stewroids View Post
          Haha JureZ, I still can't view the photo. Could you please upload it to photobucket or imageshack and post the url for me :)
          maybe this works for you :

Good luck, Jure Z.
          i7 920 (D0) @ 4.05 GHz (193*21) | GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | BIOS Rev FI
          6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
          Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
          Win XP Home 32 SP3

Comment

That works Jurez, thanks :)

So you have both fans exhausting out right? I think I'm going to be doing that, I rather have two exhaust than one :)

Comment

No e-mail was sent to me actually. I just checked my email and couldn't find anything related to these forums :(
              Well that isn't cool. Can you find anything in your profile or settings area that will allow you to resend it?

I'll send in an email now to the web-dev and see if he can fix that for you and the magic question answer as well.

* Email Sent

Comment

Yep everything is enabled/checked off. Checked my email three times (also the junk section) and still couldn't find anything related to TweakTown.com :(

Comment

Ok, he got back to me and said you will have to PM him as some emails are blocked by the server.

Send a PM to our web developer and he will approve your account. Here is his account
                  View Profile: shocker - TweakTown Forums

He said you should not have to answer the secret question after you have 10 posts, do you still have this issue, if so let me know so I can tell him? He also said he changed the question now as well

Comment

Great,

I gave him a private message so hopefully I can verify my account afterwards :) I'll be getting my H50 hopefully by Friday and setting it up as an exhaust with TWO Coolermaster R4's. I'll fill you guys in!

Comment

Cool, keep us posted and let us know how you like it. Account still the same as of now, so he must not be around or not read your message as of yet.

Comment

That works Jurez, thanks :)

So you have both fans exhausting out right? I think I'm going to be doing that, I rather have two exhaust than one :)
                        Yes Stew !

That is what in general is called a push - pull configuration (from the perspective of the radiator, that is).

Let's hear from you when you get that H50 cooler in your system...

Jure Z.
                        i7 920 (D0) @ 4.05 GHz (193*21) | GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | BIOS Rev FI
                        6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
                        Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
                        Win XP Home 32 SP3

Comment

Alright guys I just installed my H50 with two CM R4 fans exhausting. I'm using 2 screws to hold each fan into the radiator, and I'm going to pick another 4 screws to mount everything together.

Also replaced the bottom fan with the stock corsair h50 fan on the bottom to blow up.

CORSAIR H50:
                          Temperatures idling are: CPU: 37C, 37 37 35 35 (didn't touch the thermal paste)
                          Temperatures with Prime95: CPU 52C, 64 64 65 65

CM V8:
                          Temperatures idling are: CPU: 37, 37 37 35 35 (stock paste)
                          Temperatures with Prime95: CPU 50c, 60 60 57 57

Looks like the V8 was doing better in my case than the H50. Does the stock thermal paste have a curing time?

Comment

Bahh!

Don't use stock pastes. Get yourself some TX-2 or MX-2, it is much cooler and easier to work with than other pastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                              Bahh!

Don't use stock pastes. Get yourself some TX-2 or MX-2, it is much cooler and easier to work with than other pastes.
                              I have Artic Silver 5 lying around somewhere - would that be better than the h50 stock paste? Also heard that the stock h50 paste wasn't that bad actually.

Comment

Not so great anymore, that used to be the best but not anymore. Yes though, that would be better than any stock pastes.

It may not be bad, the stock paste they used as they do sell some now so it isn't that generic white 2 cent kind, but I think it still would not be as good as AS5 and no where near as good as TX-2 or MX-2.

Pastes only make 3-5C differences anyway, so you may want to check the amount you are using or be sure your mount is good and tight.

It could also just be the fans you are using? Not sure, I really have not paid much attention to H50 temps people post so I couldn't really say what you should expect.

Comment

Working...
                                X