Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Won't boot or post

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
    try to borrow another psu if you can and try it,if that doesnt work i would rma the board for testing
    Tried another brand new PSU and similar results (although interesting enough the board actually beeps - something the other PSU doesn't do). But still the same on/off, on/off, etc cycle). Guess I will RMA the board.

Is it better to go through the dealer (Superbiiz.com/ewiz.com) or directly through Gigabyte? The board is older than 30 days (app 2 months).

Comment

Originally posted by exm View Post
      Tried another brand new PSU and similar results (although interesting enough the board actually beeps - something the other PSU doesn't do). But still the same on/off, on/off, etc cycle). Guess I will RMA the board.

Is it better to go through the dealer (Superbiiz.com/ewiz.com) or directly through Gigabyte? The board is older than 30 days (app 2 months).
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Whether I send it to gigabyte or superbiiz, I have to pay shipping to them anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by exm View Post
          Whether I send it to gigabyte or superbiiz, I have to pay shipping to them anyway...
          it might be different in the u.s to u.k,here superbizz would email you a freepost form which you would print out and stick on mb box and post it free,they would return it to you free aswell
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, I am at a loss now. The mobo is on RMA to Gigabyte, but my brother happened to order the same mobo with the same CPU. And although I'm getting a bit further, I still have weird issues.

So right now I have tried (outside of the case):
            - 3 different motherboards
            - 2 CPUs
            - 4 different sets of RAM
            - 2 power supplies

Things I have noticed:
            - Stock Intel CPU Cooler spins; Coolermaster 212 spins occasionally. When it does spin for a split second I actually see the Gigabyte Bios screen and then it's gone. This only happened a few times
            - I tried taking the battery out - clearing the cmos
            - Tried using 1 stick of RAM and each slot

Edit:

I've tried yet another mobo/psu combination and everything is running now... I've tried the old mobo with the new psu and no luck... Haven't even bother to try the new mobo with the old psu. I'm afraid that psu is a 'mobo' killer.

So after 4 mobos and 3 psu I finally have a working combination. Way to go Gigabyte and OCZ
            Last edited by exm; 02-15-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

what brands of psu's(make and model) that were causing you problems??? im glad youve finally got it going
              Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
              Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
              Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
              Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
              Dual Boot
              1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
              1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
              Ati x1950 pro gpu
              1050w psu
              Nzxt lexa case
              http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Originally posted by warren300 View Post
                what brands of psu's(make and model) that were causing you problems??? im glad youve finally got it going
                OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W (2x) and 500W (1x)

Comment

Joining in, same problem.
                  The system will not post, Phase leds are light up, no video output, all fans are running.
                  Tried different memory configuration, disconnect/connect all cables etc
                  Same problem each time.

I'm getting replacmet parts tomorrow, what is best quess? Replace mba?

Config:
                  EX58-UD3R
                  I7-920
                  3x Corsair DD3 2GB (xms3)
                  Chieftec 550W power (Smart series)

Thanks
                  Frode

Comment

what replacement parts have you ordered? its most likely the psu,some brands work fine whilst others dont,if its not psu then could be ram
                    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                    Dual Boot
                    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                    Ati x1950 pro gpu
                    1050w psu
                    Nzxt lexa case
                    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Originally posted by oldie View Post
                      Joining in, same problem.
                      The system will not post, Phase leds are light up, no video output, all fans are running.
                      Tried different memory configuration, disconnect/connect all cables etc
                      Same problem each time.

I'm getting replacmet parts tomorrow, what is best quess? Replace mba?

Config:
                      EX58-UD3R
                      I7-920
                      3x Corsair DD3 2GB (xms3)
                      Chieftec 550W power (Smart series)

Thanks
                      Frode
                      For me... Mobo and PSU as a culprit. Try those first.

Comment

Thanks!
                        The supplier demands that I returns the all suspected components for testing.. Grrr, this will be a long journey..
                        I'll do some more testing myself later today.

One question, I got a tip about not connecting the ATX_12V_2x connector.( 1 ) Is this a valid tip?

I'm a little confused by the power connection. Is it correct to use both tha pin 11,12,23,24 on the ATX ( 2 ) (seperate connector from PSU) and the ATX_12_2X 8 pin connector? ( 1 )

I have a Radeon HD5850 1Gb GDD5R, the graphics board are supplied with 2Xpower form the PSU

Regards Frode

Comment

Originally posted by oldie View Post
                          Thanks!
                          The supplier demands that I returns the all suspected components for testing.. Grrr, this will be a long journey..
                          I'll do some more testing myself later today.

One question, I got a tip about not connecting the ATX_12V_2x connector.( 1 ) Is this a valid tip?

I'm a little confused by the power connection. Is it correct to use both tha pin 11,12,23,24 on the ATX ( 2 ) (seperate connector from PSU) and the ATX_12_2X 8 pin connector? ( 1 )

I have a Radeon HD5850 1Gb GDD5R, the graphics board are supplied with 2Xpower form the PSU

Regards Frode
                          You need to connect the CPU power connector in order for the board to function. Otherwise the board will power up and immediately shutdown. Also connect the power connector to your 5850 for proper functioning of your card.

Did you try to connect your components outside of your case with only 1 RAM connected? Did you also try to reset the CMOS?

Comment

I have tried with 0,1,2,3 ram modules, without graphics card, no disk etc etc. the board acts the same, fans running, all phaser leds are lit, no beeps.

I convinced the supplier to send me a new mbo and psu today. (upgraded to a 1000w psu.)I'll have the new parts tomorrow or saterday, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

/Frode

Comment

Hi All,

Just a quick post, as this seems to be the most current of threads to do with this problem.

I had this issue yesterday, and it turned out to be 4 ever so slightly bent CPU socket pins.
                              I used a very thin, sharp knife and moved them back into position.

Now my system works 100%.

-lamps

Comment

Hey guys, same issue, but seems to be mixed results... I have tried ALL the things mentioned here, still nothing do notice the ACPI LED when started goes S0 green, then turns off the board and the S4/5 stays red.... anyone came accross this?

MB is a GB GA-EP45-DQ6
                                Soly tech PSU
                                HIS Ice Q4 Radeon graphics
                                Corsair CM2X-8500 Ram 2x 1024 @ 1066MHz

Comment

Working...
                                X