Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Won't boot or post

Originally posted by kiwicon View Post
    Hey guys, same issue, but seems to be mixed results... I have tried ALL the things mentioned here, still nothing do notice the ACPI LED when started goes S0 green, then turns off the board and the S4/5 stays red.... anyone came accross this?

MB is a GB GA-EP45-DQ6
    Soly tech PSU
    HIS Ice Q4 Radeon graphics
    Corsair CM2X-8500 Ram 2x 1024 @ 1066MHz
    what board is it? ud5 or ep45?
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

+1 ^^ What is the exact model of your board and what CPU are you using? Do you have different memory to test with in case that memory is not compatible?

Did the system ever work, or are you just building it?

What wattage is the PSU? Can you check the CPU Socket for bent pins? Look very closely and carefully if you do!

Have to ask, sorry, you do have the 24Pin and the 8Pin ATX power cables connected to the board correct?

Do you have a case speaker connected, if so what error beeps do you hear?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        +1 ^^ What is the exact model of your board and what CPU are you using? Do you have different memory to test with in case that memory is not compatible?

Did the system ever work, or are you just building it?

What wattage is the PSU? Can you check the CPU Socket for bent pins? Look very closely and carefully if you do!

Have to ask, sorry, you do have the 24Pin and the 8Pin ATX power cables connected to the board correct?

Do you have a case speaker connected, if so what error beeps do you hear?
        The board is a GA-EP45-DQ6 i have tried a AMD Phoenom ii x4 945 Processor as well as a intel pentium R E5300 processor. Don't have different memory to test, but did test the memory in another PC and it worked fine, memory is compatible. No the system has never run, still in building stage (actually my mate built it, didn't work thats why I have got it to look at). The PSU was a 750w ATX I also tried a good 300w ATX as well. Yes I have checked the CPU socket for bent pins.. Both CPU's I tested were brand new. Yes the 24pin and 8pin power cables were connected, and when i put in the 300w PSU I plugged in the 4pin and 24pin.. The PC wont even boot without both these in.. Yes the case speaker is plugged in but it restarts before I even get a beep or before it posts.

Thanks,

Comment

did you try clearing the cmos?either by jumping the mb pins near the mb battery or by removing mb battery for 20mins and then put back and try??
          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
          Dual Boot
          Ati x1950 pro gpu
          1050w psu
          Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Originally posted by kiwicon View Post
            The board is a GA-EP45-DQ6 i have tried a AMD Phoenom ii x4 945 Processor as well as a intel pentium R E5300 processor.
            Are you playing games here, or are you serious?

Three things, first off you cannot use a AMD Processor in a Intel board. So what did you meant by that???

E5300 is not supported in this board until BIOS F6, so you may need to borrow a different CPU to update the BIOS with.

300W PSU will not work with this board. What 750W PSU Did you try, some brands will not work either.

However, if you put a AMD Processor in the CPU socket like it sounds like you said, then you will need to buy a new motherboard

Comment

Hi guys.

I have a very similar problem however mine turns on and lasts for a very long time however it is having very very predictable reboots.

For example, first it used to work just fine. Then I tried to install the drivers that came with the mobo (The GA-x58a-ud3r), after I did that, it started restarting every time I went into windows (but never when i went into safe mode).

So just because I didnt want to deal with it, i just decided hey I know I will reformat this, since I have nothing on it anyways. So then I got to reformat, and I go through all these steps and it gets all the way to "installing windows" (the 2nd to last step) and there it just keeps restarting over and over and over again at that step.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I am pretty much at my wits end over this.

More info on the build:

Its a new build, however all the components seem to be working and running fine (even ran a memtest x86 on the ram, and it passed).

700 W OCZ Stealth X Stream Powersupply ( someone said this would be a problem, however if it worked for several hours (4+) before hand, how could it be a problem now all of the sudden?)

Processor : i7-930

Please help guys, I would really love to be able to use my new hardware.

Comment

^^^^ try disabling all floppy drives in bios then try installing win7
                Dual Boot
                Ati x1950 pro gpu
                1050w psu
                Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Originally posted by warren300 View Post
                  ^^^^ try disabling all floppy drives in bios then try installing win7

See the thing here is, my dvd drive for some reason wont recognize my windows 7 dvd, so I resorted to using windows xp cd, which it reads just fine for some reason. There are no floppy drives installed or even connected, but where in the bios would I go to turn those off?

The only things connected are an IDE CD/DVD drive, and a SATA 1TB HD. Thats pretty much all I have on there are peripherals.

Note:
                  After paying attention to it, I noticed that before it restarts there is first a green light that comes on by the cpu on the mobo, and then a red flashing led and then the red led just says constantly lit with the green led right next to it and then both of them turn off, and the computer restarts before the install ever finishes or gets past the "installing devices" part in windows xp.

Comment

try clearing cmos at the rear blue illuminated switch,power down pc but dont switch off and press cmos button a few times then powr back on,if you dont have that switch try jumping the cmos pins near the mb battery or remove mb battery for 30mins then try it
                    Dual Boot
                    Ati x1950 pro gpu
                    1050w psu
                    Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Originally posted by warren300 View Post
                      try clearing cmos at the rear blue illuminated switch,power down pc but dont switch off and press cmos button a few times then powr back on,if you dont have that switch try jumping the cmos pins near the mb battery or remove mb battery for 30mins then try it

Tried that last night, I told it to restart with default settings, and the same thing happened :(

Thank you for the very quick replies though, I really appreciate it, I hope we can get this solved.

Comment

XP install disk must be at least SP1 or greater to install on a PCIE machine, if not this will not install and could by why it fails at devices. Do you know what XP Service pack is on this disk, if not let me know and I will show you how to find out.

As for your DVD issues, did you try copying the disk to another disk, or re-burning it on slowest speeds? SATA Hard drive should be connected to SATAII_0 and DVD to SATAII_5, if they are not already try it again that way with your windows 7 DVD.

Comment

Hi there, I'm having the exact same problem (power cycle).
                          BUT: My system has been running for - I would say - 1 year or more!

It worked like a charm, sometimes on heavy CPU load, but it handled everything very well with low temperaturre.

I wonder if the problem might be the psu. for example that the small cpu cable doesnt suppy any power anymore? it was mentioned in this thread that the board would boot without this power attached.
                          Its definitely not a generel problem. As I said - I've worked with this system for ages...

Any ideas?

Comment

What is your exact problem? I see you said power cycle, but can you please explain further in your own words.

And can you please list your hardware and BIOS version, thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I'm glad to say that my problem is solved. I replaced the PSU. It seems the power supply for the CPU died. The PSU was 3 years old. Partly heavy computing times over the years.

So thanks anyway!

Comment

Ahh, well cool to hear man!

Glad you got it sorted out easily, and thanks for posting an update for us!

Comment

Working...
                                X