Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

Originally posted by oc nub View Post
    This is close to what I am using, you prices are high there, wow. Others may have better options for you. You will also need distilled water and some type of algaecide. You will also need to try and measure what length of tubing you will need. 3 meters should be plenty if you take good measurements before cutting the tube. These parts I listed are for cooling the cpu only, not the nb. And of course you will need fans.

EK-Multioption Reservoir 150 Rev2 - $58.50 : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide

XSPC RX360 Radiator - $115.00 : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide

The Shopping Cart : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide

x4---- Bitspower G1/4 Silver Diamond 1/2 High Flow Fitting - $3.50 : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide

Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock - $99.00 : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide

Optional but I used this fan box with a 120mm inside it for mounting the rad to the back of the case. Swiftech MCB-120 Rev 2 Radbox Radiator/fan housing - Black

Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2 ID - $15.95 : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide

x8---- Norma Hose Clamp - $2.50 : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide
    Thank you what do you think for Cards

Search Results : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide
    Which one and what will i need beside blocks clamps...etc?

And please others please jump in and help I have plenty good chips and OC lets try to do 1 good WC pc with Xfire 5870 video cards

And thank you all

Comment

I dont use water cooling for a gfx card, it is to much trouble when changing out hardware for me. Someone else may have a good suggestion.
      MSI X58 XPower
      i7-950
      Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
      HD5870
      Corsair AX1200

Comment

Originally posted by itman064 View Post
        Thank you what do you think for Cards

Search Results : PC Case Gear, Delivering quality computer parts Australia wide
        Which one and what will i need beside blocks clamps...etc?

And please others please jump in and help I have plenty good chips and OC lets try to do 1 good WC pc with Xfire 5870 video cards

And thank you all
        Hi mate,

I live in Australia as well and I found that its much cheaper to order from the US for water cooling gear. Somewhere like sidewinder computers or jab-tech. Shipping is pretty quick as well. I normally get my stuff in about 3-4 business days.
        Rackmounted Liquid Rocks!!!
        i7 920 D0 @ 4.41GHz w/
        Swiftech Apogee XT
        Gigabyte X58A-UD7
        6Gb G.Skill Trident 3 x 2Gb DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24
        2x HD5850 - 1000MHz core, 1250MHz RAM
        w/ EK full cover waterblocks
        Laing D5 vario / EK X-TOP rev. 2
        2x XSPC RX360 rad w/ 6 x Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm
        3 x Seagate 7200.11 160Gb in RAID-0
        Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb
        Corsair HX-850 Modular PSU
        M-Audio ProFire 2626
        Antec 4U Rackmount Case

Comment

for your gpu waterblock try

EK HD 5870 Acrylic Full Cover VGA Water Block [] VGA Blocks

they ship worldwide but i dont know if its gonna be cheaper than the u.s
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R3alsp33dy0ne View Post
            Hi mate,

I live in Australia as well and I found that its much cheaper to order from the US for water cooling gear. Somewhere like sidewinder computers or jab-tech. Shipping is pretty quick as well. I normally get my stuff in about 3-4 business days.
            Tnx two great links!!

Comment

Originally posted by R3alsp33dy0ne View Post
              Hi mate,

Thank you again for the links and i decided IF with your help guys i will get all here

Liquid Cooled CPU Water Blocks

Now as I have said i am new to WC ,
              GA-X58-UD7
              2XHD 5870
              I7 920
              Antec 1200 That should do if you guys need more info let me know.

What i am asking to make me a shoping list from the above web page as i think i can get all there for my WC.

Please don't be shy, Give me full shoping list down to the last screw + extra as a clamp or screw, nuts, fitting up or down or coupple of cm tubing more. I am NOOB with WC so shoping list will be big help.
              Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by itman064 View Post
                Thank you again for the links and i decided IF with your help guys i will get all here

Liquid Cooled CPU Water Blocks

Now as I have said i am new to WC ,
                GA-X58-UD7
                2XHD 5870
                I7 920
                Antec 1200 That should do if you guys need more info let me know.

What i am asking to make me a shoping list from the above web page as i think i can get all there for my WC.

Please don't be shy, Give me full shoping list down to the last screw + extra as a clamp or screw, nuts, fitting up or down or coupple of cm tubing more. I am NOOB with WC so shoping list will be big help.
                Thanks guys
                Liquid Cooling - XtremeSystems Forums
                This link is a good starting point for you to do some research before building. You will learn more this way, rather than have someone pick all your parts for you.
                Good luck with your new build, it is a lot of fun.
                MSI X58 XPower
                i7-950
                Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
                HD5870
                Corsair AX1200

Comment

Originally posted by oc nub View Post
                  Liquid Cooling - XtremeSystems Forums
                  This link is a good starting point for you to do some research before building. You will learn more this way, rather than have someone pick all your parts for you.
                  Good luck with your new build, it is a lot of fun.
                  O I will pick my parts just some help if anyone wouldn't mind that would be welcome the more versions the better
                  Thank you

Comment

I had this mobo for about 3 weeks now and I am mostly happy with it. I mildly have OCed my i7 960 to 4 GHZ (25*160) and paired it with 12 Gb of Corsair Dominator 1600 (10*160).
                    Idle temps : 40C, Prime 95 Load Temps : 65C (On Apogee XT water cooler).

One item that is a mild bother : when starting the system (from power off), it takes over 20 seconds before I the POST sequence starts on my monitor. On my previous mobos I usually see activity in under 10 seconds. Is this normal with this board ? (to have to wait over 20 seconds before the POST sequence start on the monitor?)

System
                    mobo : GA-X58A-UD7
                    CPU : i7 960 @ 4 GHz (160*25)
                    Memory : 12 Gb Corsair Dominator 1600
                    Cooling: Apogee XT
                    PSU : Corsait hx1000 (1000W)
                    GPUs: Nvidia GTX 280 (primary monitor), Nvidia 8800GT (2nd and 3rd monitor)
                    HDDs : Patriot Torqx (OS), WD Velociratpor (working partition), 3x1.5 Tb Seagate (storage), 1x2 Tb Hitachi (storage)
                    Optical : BluRay GGC-H20L
                    Case : Thermaltake Armor+

Comment

"when starting the system (from power off), it takes over 20 seconds before I the POST sequence starts on my monitor. On my previous mobos I usually see activity in under 10 seconds. Is this normal with this board ?"

Same for me and I've tried changing power supply, video card, memory, disabling all unused motherboard devices and original F2 and beta F3g bios. Nothing seems to help!
                      Last edited by GazzL; 01-12-2010, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Hi guys

I am new here an this is my first post. I've got my system on ASUS P6T SE, but it boot up with 8GB of RAM at cold boot, if I cold boot again within 10 minutes, it will show up all 12GB. So I RMA it and my UD7 is on it's way.

Just wondering if anyone here using 12GB of 1600 RAM on this board?
                        my RAM is :
                        Corsair Dominator CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 12800 (1600), CAS 8, XMP, DHX, Fan

Comment

I know this is a n00bish question and it has probably been discussed before but I have two quick questions.

1. If I Crossfire or SLI do I lose my SATA 6/gbs and USB 3.0?

2. In 3 way Crossfire what speeds do the cards run at?

--Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Duli View Post
                            Hi guys

I am new here an this is my first post. I've got my system on ASUS P6T SE, but it boot up with 8GB of RAM at cold boot, if I cold boot again within 10 minutes, it will show up all 12GB. So I RMA it and my UD7 is on it's way.

Just wondering if anyone here using 12GB of 1600 RAM on this board?
                            my RAM is :
                            Corsair Dominator CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 12800 (1600), CAS 8, XMP, DHX, Fan
                            I got the exact same memory kit (Corsair Dominator 12 Gb) on this motherboard and all are showing just fine. When first started it was configured as standard memory (1066); I went to bios and changed it to use the enhanced profile and then it booted up at 1600. My BCLK is overclocked 160 to make things easier for this memory (with a i7 960 CPU).
                            Except for VCore, all my voltages are on auto (when I changed the memory profile the mobo also adjusted the memory voltage automatically, and QPI voltage also).

So far, no issues with the memory or mobo. It always booted to 12 Gb. I also ran memtest overnight just to be sure.

As mentioned before, I think is an excellent board. The only grief I have with this mobo is that it takes a LONG time before the POST sequence starts (I clocked it actually close to 30 seconds before anything shows on my monitor).

Comment

Thank you for your reply aandea, it's a big relieve for me to know the RAM works.

For your long post time issue, as I am reading the mobo's manual while I am waiting for the board, I found there is software call "SMART QuickBoot" under "Smart 6" software package from the mobo's CD. It claims it can "speeds up the system boot-up process and shortens the waiting time for entering the operating system, delivering greater efficiency for daily use."

You might have tried it, if not, would you try and let us know if it works?

Comment

Right now I'm using G.Skill Ripjaws RAM at 1600Mhz with 12GB and it works fine, I don't know why some people are having trouble with their board with all RAM slots filled. Most likely RAM issues or something.
                                Intel Core i7 3930K | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | Asrock X79 Fatal1ty Champion | Coolermaster HAF X | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive | 1x 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM

Comment

Working...
                                X