GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

dumb question, but i have got sooooooo many different answers.
    Can you use i5 DDR3 Ram on i7. Lets sauy i buy 2 sets of 2x2Gigs and split them put them in X58 just 3 of them will they work and if as triple channel?

Comment

Originally posted by itman064 View Post
      dumb question, but i have got sooooooo many different answers.
      Can you use i5 DDR3 Ram on i7. Lets sauy i buy 2 sets of 2x2Gigs and split them put them in X58 just 3 of them will they work and if as triple channel?
      yeah it will work.

Comment

Hey guys jump in on this Koolance Discussion Forums • View topic - GA-X58A-UD7 Project LOG

Its my build

Comment

Here's mine.

Unfortunately et6 stilll not running..

also how do you solve the heat issues for 5870 crossfire?
          Attached Files

Comment

ud7 and elpida hyper

and cl5
            Last edited by jackpl; 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

These boards just scream quality, can't wait to read through all you guys results here!

Anyone pushing Bclk high in this thread yet?

*Edit*

I'll edit this thread and make it *Official*

Comment

• Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

My ud7 maxes out bclk=208 a boots up to 217 - no matter settnings.
                I do not understand why it is so low. maybe we need a better bios?
                With ex58-extreme I can boot up to 225.

Comment

You mean max stable 208, but you can boot 217?

More likely your CPU, or choice of settings? I booted my second boot with a borrowed UD7, and not a very strong CPU at 227, never even had a chance to play with it much yet though so I am sure it will do much higher. Hope to have my own sometime soon, then it will go under the ice.

I really need to find a place to buy a good batch CPU cheap though, know anyone? The one I am using now maxes at 239 under Dry Ice, I have not tried it on UD7 with dry ice yet though so it could have just been my UD4P maxed at 239 and not the CPU/CPU's I tried.
                  Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-18-2010, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Currently I have two boards UD7 and Extreme and one CPU.
                    UD7: bclk=208 is full stable, boots up to 217
                    extreme: bclk=220 is full stale, boots up to 225
                    looks like ud7 is responsible.

Comment

Same CPU used in both boards? All other hardware the same such as GFX, Ram, and PSU? Similar settings tried?

UD7 will go higher than the older EX boards, I have seen a few 240-242 validations already so it is not the board model in general at all.

Comment

yes, CPU is the same and other hardware - as in my signature.

Comment

finally gone Official :).. woohoo
                          GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)
                          6GB Corsair Dominator 1866 @ 1600 ([email protected])

CPU-Z Results: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212669

Comment

hey,

did everyone use the stock TIM for the SilentPipe install? I used some spare AS5, but not sure if it's the best stuff for the job..

Thoughts?
                            GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)

Comment

Originally posted by jackpl View Post
                              yes, CPU is the same and other hardware - as in my signature.
                              I mean, are you taking all of the hardware from one setup and putting it into the other setup when you test like this? If not, then it is not the same hardware, so I just wanted to check to be sure if you meant it like that or not.

Have you tested with a IDE Drive, and NO SATA Drives, and a PCI card? Just checking, sometimes those items do not get along with high PCIE freq

Originally posted by k1llah3rtz View Post
                              finally gone Official :).. woohoo
                              You guys should have asked someone to make it official a while back, it's getting pretty large anyway.

Originally posted by k1llah3rtz View Post
                              hey,

did everyone use the stock TIM for the SilentPipe install? I used some spare AS5, but not sure if it's the best stuff for the job..

Thoughts?
                              Do you mean on the additional heatpipe to the NB, or under the NB? If you mean between the NB and the extra heatpipe that would be fine, if you mean under the NB I advise you use something non electrically capacitive such a TX-2 or MX-2

Comment

i'm talking about between the SP2 and the NB.... was just wondering if the funky white stuff that ships is ok, or if it's better to use something else like for example AS5 or MX-2

Comment

Working...
                                X