X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Righto folks,

Couple of things.

I've now had my board finally replaced, having RMA'd it twice. However, it's now installed and running and would appear that it now works.

I had to remove the old drivers and reinstall for it to work, however I'd done this previously to no effect, so I'm sure that there was something wrong with the board.

Gigabyte released a new driver bundle on the 1st April which I suggest everyone upgrade to. I'm currently testing it and will also test the new 2.46 driver from Realtek. to ensure that if they have fixed whatever software issues they may or may not have had remain fixed.

Considering I told Gigabyte last December that this was potentially a driver/software issue is rather frustrating.

Has everyone that posted now resolved there issues?

Thanks,
    K
    GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)
    6GB Corsair Dominator 1866 @ 1600 ([email protected])

CPU-Z Results: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212669

Comment

Not sure how ive missed 23 pages of this offical thread lol

Thought id say hello

Comment

Hey SB420! Ya, I might sticky this sometime, but we need someone to make a guide for the first post first though.

They have one going on over at OCN right now I just joined, maybe someone here could ask them permission to copy over there info and tips? And of course, I really think we need someone to write a small guide too, something they do not have yet at OCN. If someone does here, then we cold share it with them if they didn't mind sharing there current stuff with us.

Got a 980X on the way, so i will be putting this board under dry ice once I have some free time. Of course max Blck will be tested very soon with it too, I can do 228 on on water right now, but I really haven't tried much with it yet such as using IDE drive and PCI card.

Just haven't had time to tinker around with it yet, but I can say these boards just drool quality!

Comment

Ooooh lucky git on the 980x - I was waiting and waiting for them to come out but couldnt be bothered waiting any longer so went ahead and ordered my parts. Though the extra money for one of those processers would of got my a 2nd 5970 which iwould have made it a hard choice :D

Cant wait to hear how you get on with the 980x

Comment

Ya I wasn't sure if I would be able to score one, at least not for a while anyway, but luckily my contact came through for me much earlier than I anticipated!

Should have it sometime next week, Wednesday Or Thursday I believe, shipped out from Taiwan Friday.

Comment

Bet your like a kid at christmas :D

Comment

Yeap!

I was surprised too, thought I would have to wait a month or two from now.

Comment

Prasrig, did you get UD7 yet?

Sorry, I forgot, hope you read this

Comment

I will be back shortly, with 980X installed!

I'll try to check out a few quick max clocks (5Ghz + I hope, no Mod done to board yet though) and max Bclks tonight once I get through all the new posts.

Anyone pushing max Blck in this thread yet? Come on UD7 users!!

I got 227 without trying with my 965 C0, not even using IDE/PCI setup, booted with this set in BIOS first try on MAX Blck a few weeks ago. Only had the board running maybe a hour if that, to setup things is all, then max bclk push :)

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

I didn't have time to really push it though since then, and now will be using 980X so I hope performs nicely which I am sure it will.

Comment

Wow! Super stoked guys!!

Just dropped in this 980X, and on first boot I could boot from BIOS with 230 Bclk, on water. I didn't try higher yet because I needed to get into the forums for now.

Pushed to 235.07 within a few seconds, seems like this CPU will be GREAT under Dry Ice, I can't wait to try it out!! I think within the next day or so I could easily get 240 or above, on water, so I think I may be able to get 250+ on Dry ice possibly?

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

These UD7 boards are super smooth to overclock with, very impressive!!

Comment

One good shot in for the night, proves to be very productive! I can't wait to get this under dry ice!!!!

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Will push Ghz tomorrow and see how far she can go on water. This is the best chip I have ever had I think, and I was told it was kind of a dud, well for LN2 anyway.

I'll have to pass along my first day progress to my contact, I think he will be very surprised. I know More Ghz matter to most people, but I have a thing for high Bclk's so had to play around with that a bit first before anything.

This beats my previous dry ice runs at -68C by a lot, with 3 different CPU's (920, 965, W3520) and my UD4P (Modified) I could only get 238-239 Bclk, with a TON of hard work, time, and dry ice. And this is only on water day one with CPU, so nice!!

Now I just need some 2000Mhz CAS 7 memory and I will be set!

Comment

Congrats Lsd,I saw also on XS.
                          What is batch number?
                          You are lucky guy,he..he,only missing proper RAM.
                          Last edited by stasio; 04-13-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Lucky Git :D

Comment

really lucky :)

max bclk for my UD7 is................................................ ..........215

PCi-E = 103
                              dvanced CPU Features:
                              CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [19 ]
                              Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech ...................... [Disabled]
                              CPU Cores Enabled .............................. [All]
                              CPU Multi Threading .............................[Disabled]
                              CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ........................ [Disabled]
                              C3/C6/C7 State Support ......................... [Disabled]
                              CPU Thermal Monitor ............................ [Disabled]
                              CPU EIST Function .............................. [Disabled]
                              Virtualization Technology ...................... [Disabled]
                              Bi-Directional PROCHOT ......................... [Disabled]

Uncore Clock Ratio ..........................[x13]
                              Advanced Clock Control:
                              CPU Clock Drive ..............................[800mV]
                              PCI Express Clock Drive ......................[900mV]
                              CPU Clock Skew ...............................[0ps]
                              IOH Clock Skew ...............................[0ps]

ICH I/O 1.500v .........................[Auto]
                              ICH Core 1.1v ..........................[Auto]

Comment

Whoa im envious - Lucky sod :D

Seems you dont need your 965 now *cough cough* ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X