GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Hey thanks for that...wat i meant was i want to get it stable at stock (25x133) first before i went anywhere near an overclock of any kind...but hey, why not give it a try...cant be any worse than it allready is...

Also did you see my q about why the multi seems to add +1 step to any setting in post eg: set 25x in bios it will post with 26x????

Comment

Ohh sorry!

Ya, if you have a good cooler go ahead and try for your overclock, no need to wait around :)

Yes, I replied about that I thought, maybe not?

Turbo adds multi's, sometimes more than one, it's normal, disable turbo if you want it to be only 25

Comment

I've got a megashadow...so it's fairly good...sold all of my water cooling gear years ago :(

So you just push the bclk for an oc and don't touch the multi? when would the benefit of having an unlocked multi on this chip come into play?

Comment

Anytime, Bclk does not affect performance like FSB did, so Multi overclocking is great to use when you have it.

It can be useful in many different ways, one previously mentioned, extreme overclocking, when you need your memory to hit a certain freq using a certain multi, ect.

Odd CPU multi's work best, so keep that in mind. I just use 25/27 most often, not sure why, have been since using 965.

Comment

what would be the boundary of max safe core temps?

Comment

try to stay below 80c on the cores if you can but 80-85c is the limit imo
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mchooha View Post
                Thanks Judge-dredd,

so you think my issue is memory related and this would fix it?

Well, there you have it. Its been some time, but turned out to be memory.

Got rid of the Gskill 6gb kit and got new Corsair kit. Problems all gone and have a stable machine. Time to enjoy! :)

Comment

Nice to see you are back in action now!

Which G.Skill kit was it, a red one?

Comment

good to here you got it stable
                    now you can enjpy it
                    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
                    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
                    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
                    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
                    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
                    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
                    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
                    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
                    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
                    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
                    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      Nice to see you are back in action now!

Which G.Skill kit was it, a red one?

Yes, sure was the red one. How'd you guess?

GSkill-NQ 6gb Kit (3x2gb) DDR3 1600 - This did not play well with my system.

Anyone know of any nice apps/gadgets to monitor MB temp and other metrics?

Comment

I know because a few members here have struggled with those! Kilidav in particular has a 26+ page thread caused by them.

I suggest Everest Ultimate to monitor everything, it reads everything and labels it properly, see below

Comment

GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.2.0 first BIOS FA released.

- CPU VRM Power design for extreme 6 core CPU OC
                          - Supports Intel Core i7-980X
                          - Supports 3 channel DDR3 up to 2200+
                          - Unique ON/OFF Charge
                          - 16 power phase design with manual back-up to each 8 phase
                          Last edited by stasio; 07-03-2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

What bios do you guys recommend, I have a v1 board and been using F3, only running my 920 @ 3.33, may try for more. I have had some wierd issues with my ATI HD 5970 and I am thinking of trying a new bios, the last ATI driver that worked well for me was a beta driver from 3 months ago.

I am going to do a fresh install of Windows 7 to see if the issue is with my install but I am anal about bios updates and usually reinstall after a bios flash to avoid any issues and possible driver reinstallation.

Thanks.

Comment

whats been happening with your gpu? tried 10.7 drivers? latest beta or final is usually the best,but folks with the same board as you can suggest better than me
                              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It just seems the latest official every month and many beta drivers are always buggy piles of crap, I will get random graphic glitches in Bad Company 2 and average perfomance most of the time. I have been having decent luck with an older driver, it was 10.4b or 10.5b driver, can't remember but it was one of those.

I have also had issues where I am just surfing internet or something else on the desktop and all of a sudden I notice an icon that looks wierd and then the screen gets corrupted and looks like space invaders overlayed over my desktop, then I get a full orange screen, then I get the driver has stopped responding and then it recovers and I can continue on. I tried the 10.7 and it made it 10 minutes before the desktop corruption issue, I haven't had any crashes during gaming though only flickering texture glitches and sometimes suspect performance.

If I use the older driver I mentioned it doesn't happen for the most part, I just want to give it one last try to make it work well before I drop it on ebay and get a gtx 480 and give that a shot.

I am running the following:

i7 920 @ 3.33
                                GA-X58A-UD7 Bios F3
                                2 x 80GB WD Velociraptors in Raid 0
                                1 x 750GB WD Black Edition
                                Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Sound Card
                                Sapphire HD 5970 2GB
                                Silverstone 1000W Strider Plus Power Supply (Replaced a Corsair 850TX in attempt to fix, no change)

Thanks.
                                Last edited by Terry32; 07-27-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X