GA-EX58-UD5 really weird noises coming from it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58-UD5 really weird noises coming from it

I know you said you had a basic windows install (and I can't remember if i asked this), have you tried the DES software, either installed it or uninstalled it?

There is a new version out too = B8.1208.1
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
      I know you said you had a basic windows install (and I can't remember if i asked this), have you tried the DES software, either installed it or uninstalled it?

There is a new version out too = B8.1208.1
      i've try some day ago and the sound was always here .

I don't think this can change anything, this sound seem like an hardware problem.

I've received the answer of my reseller about the problem, and they say that it's normal to have some sound when the computer is fully charged ...

It make me smile because i have prove that when the cpu is fully charged, there absolutly no sound ( and no problem ) so they test are quite stupid ..

But they don't want to change my motherboard ...

i don't know what to do...

If gigabyte know the problem and accept the replacement, i could tell it to my resseler, but i can't find any informations about that !

Comment

It's worth trying the new version of the DES software to prove a point because it looks as though it has a direct control over power control.

Also have you tried disabling all the C-States in the bios aswell as Eist?
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

YESSS ! you're right . EIST doesn't change anything but C1E on disable stop the noise ... So motherboard problem or it's ok like that ? ( i'm afraid that without C1E the cpu temp will be highter ...

Thanks so much for advise

Comment

Originally posted by bgnt44 View Post
            YESSS ! you're right . EIST doesn't change anything but C1E on disable stop the noise ... So motherboard problem or it's ok like that ? ( i'm afraid that without C1E the cpu temp will be highter ...

Thanks so much for advise
            C1E is just the extended version of C1, so C1 should be working in windows still (mine does).

To prove this:-

1) Type "Perform" (no quotes) in Search (from start button).
            2) Select Monitoring Tools -> Performance Monitor
            3) Hit + button at the top
            4) Find "Processor" and Expand
            5) Add C1, C2, C3, Time
            6) Add C1, C2, C3, Transitions

Now you'll see C1 peak up most of the time why you are at idle in windows. Run Prime95 (or similiar) and you'll see C1 go down to the base line.

Use a utility to monitor your CPU temps but I'm sure you'll not notice the C1E difference - temperature wise anyway.

I think (and its just my opinion) that with the type of multiphase VRM on this board, aswell as DES that it's loading on the PSU (although not high but is trully flexible) is causing the PSU to react noise* wise in sympathy. * Audible Noise.
            Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-20-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

on my motherborad i have C3/C6/C7

should i enable these too

Comment

and if i want to overclock should i disable EIST too ( some people said that for o/c i7 processor you need to disable both )

Comment

on my motherborad i have C3/C6/C7

should i enable these too
                  No - I think default is disabled anyway...

I have updated the post above.

and if i want to overclock should i disable EIST too ( some people said that for o/c i7 processor you need to disable both )
                  Yes. If you don't (although i don't have an i7) it can cause instability as with an overclock your idle to full load transition becomes greater than it would have done at stock. You can probably get away with it on a small overclock, but you'd most likely need to disable it if you went into the modest overclock territory.
                  Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-20-2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

thanks so much for help during the past few day !!!

just one more question ?

should i install some DES software if i disable it from the hardware or it work the same ?

Comment

thanks so much for help during the past few day !!!

just one more question ?

should i install some DES software if i disable it from the hardware or it work the same ?
                      I'm not sure exactly how the DES software works and perhaps you could take this opportunity (without the audible noise) to not install anything you don't need. Ideally you need to find a base configuration that you are happy with - then experiment with overclocking, DES etc later......

Comment

Comment

I believe OCCT uses the CPUID SDK kit, so depending on the version you have i might not be updated for the X58.
                          In this case I would tend to believe ET6 until all the other independent monitoring utilities out there get up to speed.

There is a sort of fail safe method you can use:-
                          Connect up a case speaker to the motherboard Spk out Page 33 of PDF document.
                          Then set on the PC Health Screen of the bios:-
                          1) CPU warning temperature = 60C

That should then give you an audio warning if and when your CPU reaches 60C. Also if you haven't got a speaker (small case type) connected at present, you'll be missing out on valueable POST info.

Comment

My UD5 also squeals. What do I do? Does the F5f fix it? The noise is very irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Corei7MAN View Post
                              My UD5 also squeals. What do I do? Does the F5f fix it? The noise is very irritating.
                              Some people find changing the the way the board is loaded (Cpu wise) by Disabling C1E in the bios will stop the chokes "ringing".

C1 Proper, should still work though as it is controlled via the OS, so your Cpu will stay coolish at windows idle.

Comment

Yeah but I shouldn't have to disable important features on a $300 motherboard. I used a linux live cd and the noise was gone (or at least signifiacntly reduced). Where are the GIGABYTE reps?

Comment

Working...
                                X