This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Well you can leave it at F3, but like you said overclocking or not there is many fixes in later BIOS's

Sorry about that F6 final comment, I meant F5 final.

F6 is up to F6c, and this solved a few issues. I would flash to it if I were you >>

F6 final should be coming along if you want to wait a bit

Did you load and apply optimized defaults after you flashed, if not you must then set your ram voltage only and save/apply F10 and reboot back to the BIOS and then set all other settings again. You are setting performance enhance on standard right? If not, please do that and set your ram voltage manually and that may help you with your game install issue

Comment

Hi,

I don't mind if I have only F3 for now. But as I said, I still have this "retrieving recovery source from hpa" error message on boot, and I'm a little bit worried about it. But, if you say that it's not a big deal, i think I won't flash for now, and I'll wait for F6 final.
      After I flashed back from F6A, I loaded fail-safe defaults, and all my settings are as they were since I didn't changed anything on voltages.
      By the way, after my BIOS was reset to F3, I could install Lost Planet without any problems, but I didn't like it, so I removed it already.

Comment

Ahh, well yes that is a issue if you see it everytime you bootup! This is a issue because one of those time you boot it may fail to recover the backup.

I would flash now, to either the latest Beta (Suggested) or the latest Final before something goes wrong

Always Load Optimized defaults and NOT Fail safe, this may by why you are initially having issues.

Comment

Hi Lsdmeasap,

It's me again :-))))))))))). Sorry for bothering you with these issues, but I kindly use your wisdom to solve my problems. Hope you don't mind :-).
          Anyway, I was following your advise about flashing to the F5 BIOS version. So, after the flash, I entered the BIOS again before the windows started, and I selected the "load optimized defaults" option.
          After the restart, the message from recovering BIOS appeared once more, and after a third restart, my PC started normally, so I assumed it was alright.
          But the CPU-Z instead of F5 version shows me the F6A BIOS version. How is this possible? Is it something messed up with the board? Or it just recovered himself to the F6A again? I don't know what to think.

Comment

Hmm, well sounds like it may be ok now then. Does it always start normally now? If so, then it has just placed the F6a into the backup, and recovered it into the MAIN BIOS and did not flash in the F5.

You are setting your ram voltage and other things up right? I ask because if not that may be why it keeps failing for you.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, my pc starts up normally now, no bios recovery issue. My voltages for the ram memory are 1.5v: 3x2 gb Corsair 1333 Mhz - this is the voltage I had before, and I didn't had to change it, since I entered this morning in the BIOS and my mobo is setting this as default voltage. Actually my memory is working on 1066 Mhz with 7-7-7-20, for 1333 I need higher timings, so no performance difference if I'm not overclocking, and I told you I stay on stock for now.
              So, nothing to change there. Hope i will be able to flash to F6 final when it comes out. Anyway, thanks for all of your help.

Comment

Ahh, well ok then. That all sounds like it is working now then. Just keep a eye out for the final BIOS and you should be all good to go then

Comment

Updated Main post with Notes (As image) to better describe necessary steps to maintain a RAID Array after a BIOS flash and loading/applying Optimized Defaults

Comment

Lsd,I think you should upgrade Q-Flash pic from ver.2.05 to 2.09 on the first post.
                    Load CMOS Default missing (Enable/Disable).Like here
                    Last edited by stasio; 03-20-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

K, thanks for the reminder! Will do shortly.

Did all boards get the updated Qflash now, or just X58?

Hope they add in new AHCI BIOS soon for my board

I'd like to re-write a few of these guides but I need to ask Mr.Tweak if he can change the Character limit first. 10,000 in one post is not enough

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Did all boards get the updated Qflash now, or just X58?
                        My UD3P is ver.2.08,also with Load CMOS Default (Enable/Disable)

Comment

So there is 2.05, 2.08, and 2.09 now then?

Ill just make one image combining all of them then

Comment

hi mate im new here and i want to know if the bios on this board is recoverable check here is the link to the thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/how-...s-flash-31131/

any info would be great thanks

Comment

I will go check your thread now, Did you see the recovery methods posted on page one of this thread? I posted a few ways to try to recover things at the end of the guide.

I will reply in your thread here in a few as well though, to link you back to this guide of course, and give you any other thoughts I have on your situation

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                                I will go check your thread now, Did you see the recovery methods posted on page one of this thread? I posted a few ways to try to recover things at the end of the guide.

I will reply in your thread here in a few as well though, to link you back to this guide of course, and give you any other thoughts I have on your situation

hi mate thanks for the reply it only gets to the first bios screen eg bios ver, memtest and it detects the ide devices as soon as it finishes detecting the ide devices check sum error if i put del to enter the bios it says entering setup and then a black screen with a cursor i can't actually enter the setup to change anything.

i am using a ps2 keyboard but i haven't tried with nothing connected i will try it next

regarding blind flashing i don't know if there was a floppy installed and set as the first boot device but if i hook one up it does try and read even when that black screen is up and does it matter what flash utility i use and are all the switches for the utility the same?

it doesn't say searching for backup bios but i will give the mb cd a shot.

thanks again for your advice

Comment

Working...
                                X