GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Yesterday, Gigabyte released F10 final bios, wich claims to fix the S3 issue.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte EP45-DS3R (F10g) | G.Skill (4x2) 8GB DDRII PC-6400 (5-5-5-15) | BFG GeForce 260 GTX Core 216 896 MB OCX |
    WD 160 GB 7200 SATAII x2 (RAID0) | WD 150 GB Raptor 10K RPM 16 MB SATAII (Storage,Page) | Seasonic M12-500W | Raidmax Scorpio 868 (Clear Window)
    HTPC
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 + @ 2.2 Ghz | DFI NForce4 LP SLI-D (3/29)| OCZ (2X1) 2GB DDRI PC-3200 SO (2-3-2-5) | Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512 DDR3 Silent |
    WD 80 GB 7200 8 MB IDE | Tagan i-Xeye 420W | ThermalTake Mozart Silver (VC-4000)

Comment

Yes, it is supposed to be released for all other models on 9/25. Sorry I missed sending you a email, did you indeed test the one you see posted? And does it work?

If so, they will port it to all models, as they do believe it is fixed now

Anyone who wishes to test, it is posted on the .tw site >>>
      GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

Anyone who tests this please report back if it works for you or not and either way what amount of ram or tests you done.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you very much for the Beta BIOS F10. I just arrived home and flashed the new BIOS. It seems to run perfect stable now, even after S3 Sleep. Of course to be sure about stability, I need more time to gain confidence. But so far it really looks perfect. This test has been done on Vista x64 and 4x1GB RAM.

The BIOS F10 for GA-EP45-DS3R from the Gigabyte website is the same (bitidentical) as the one you sent me Lsdmeasap, so I do not need to retest that.

Thank you very much again, Lsdmeasap, for all the help with this.

Comment

Nice to hear! That is the final I just said Beta (Ya know incase it didn't work, it would not hurt so much ), and is now available above at the .tw URL

They will be making all other models available on 9/25. I will pass on your results tonight.

Hopefully all other models will be fixed as well, the same BIOS will be ported to all models >>>
          P45/P43 models except P45-DQ6/DS5/DS4/DS4P/Extreme/TExtreme

See everyone tonight, I am going to get my P45 installed this evening, hopefully.

Sorry again Mxcrowe, I feel really bad!! I see you posted this afternoon, so I hope you are OK!!!
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-23-2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Hopefully all other models will be fixed as well, the same BIOS will be ported to all models >>>
            P45/P43 models except P45-DQ6/DS5/DS4/DS4P/Extreme/TExtreme
            Sorry - are you saying that the P45-DS4 BIOS (and the others lsted above) won't be fixed ?!

Comment

I'm glad to hear it's working for some of you, but for me the new F10 bios hasn't resolved it yet. I immediately get a BSOD.

I will do some more testing later this evening. Since I haven't been able to use the "Sleep" function, I've been using DES Advance and it's pretty buggy software to begin with so I will uninstall it later to see if it's causing conflicts with the sleep function.

Comment

Really happy to see that Gigabyte appears to have come up with a fix, and in any case, at least they are clearly addressing the issue and I'm sure it will be fixed across the board (pardon the pun) soon! We all owe LSD a debt of gratitude for his tireless patience, not only with posters here, but with Gigabyte. Thanks for keeping this on their radar, L!!
                And don't worry about sending me the DS3R BIOS...once I saw it was for that flavor of board, I didn't flash with it. Just grateful that you took the time to keep me posted on the progress.
                -MXC
                Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
                Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

Has anyone had success with 2x2GB (or 4x2GB) yet?
                  Last edited by Kythlyn; 09-23-2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

GA-EP43-DS3L Vista x64 SP1 2x2GB (no oc)

BIOS F8 2008/09/22 1.Fixed Vista S3 resume sometimes failed

(lol "sometimes")

they seem to have cracked it, I'm back from S3 no BSOD no crash so far so good :)

Comment

I've been stable for over an hour after resuming from sleep with

GA-EP45-DS3R Vista x64 SP1 2x2GB

I've usually had BSOD within 30mins, so I think I'm good, too.

Comment

Ok, I have flashed up to F9 and benchmarked the crap out of this thing. STR and resumed 3 times in a row with no problems at all. Waited several minutes between each STR state. My system now acts as it should with both DIMMs in bank 1 and 3 (dual channel). Wow...that was like pulling teeth out of a great white shark! But worth the wait! Now my Gigabyte system is finally stable!!
                        THANKS LSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
                        Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

Originally posted by mxcrowe View Post
                          ... Wow...that was like pulling teeth out of a great white shark! But worth the wait! Now my Gigabyte system is finally stable!!
                          THANKS LSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I must agree - thanx LSD! Thanks for keeping this issue alive and keeping the pressure on until it was addressed.

Other than this issue - I have no issues with this board. Quite a difference from my experiences with my Abit boards/support in the last year.

Comment

Just came back from S3 successfully with HPET enabled. Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1. Still using overclocked processor, haven't tweaked with RAM yet.

1.24V on northbridge, 2.02V on RAM. G.Skill 2x2GB

Comment

For those that are successful, are you using DES Advance or not?

Comment

Absolutely not. I hate EIST so I turned it off. Without EIST, energy saver is worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X