GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Same problem here on a EP43-DS3L (with 4x1gb DIMMs installed).

Comment

Ashe2K, with 4x1 setup correctly you should have NO issues, this only affect Vista with 2x2GB of ram.

Please make a thread so I can help you get your ram setup properly. You likely need some MCH voltage adjustments,Ram voltage set manually, and maybe timings corrected/set

Comment

I just ordered another 2x2GB set of RAM that is identical to my existing... going to try running 4X2GB to see if the issue is solved as described above. Hell, the extra RAM can't hurt.

I also provided Gigabyte with my LOT# so hopefully they will do additional research.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Ashe2K, with 4x1 setup correctly you should have NO issues, this only affect Vista with 2x2GB of ram.
          Well, on the GA-EP45-DS3R I have the issues with a 4x1GB setup. So it seems not to be limited to 2x2GB.
          Last edited by mmoeller; 09-21-2008, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Really? Can you link me up? My Contact would probably like to know of it as well, also any VALID XP issue as well. When I said valid, I mean for sure you can see the user tried to get proper timings and such set before deciding it did not work

You know how some people are with settings

He said he will read this thread this weekend if he gets time and for sure would get back to me next week

Comment

For my hardware details, see the post #1 in this thread . For more details, see the copy of the discussion with gigabyte support in post #64

Comment

Ahh so you are the one with 4x1 issue? Hmm, Sorry I forgot since it was The original post long ago. I do for sure remember your Quoted support ticket though

Colin tells me I think that is should be only with 2gb modules 2x2, and vista.

Well hopefully he will take the time to read this whole thread and for sure see a major issue that is not fixed as he had originally thought.

If I do not hear from him by next Wed, I will email and see how his investigation is going along with it

Comment

Well I have 4x1Gb of memory also, and have the S3 problem!

I was running Vista x32 but rebuilt over the weekend with Vista x64 - I haven't had time to check whether the S3 problem is still an issue for me but I suspect it will be...

Comment

Thanks for chiming in. Maybe it was my thoughts that corrupted my mind into thinking 2GB modules only, not sure

But I will let GA know of this as well, hopefully my Guy reads this tonight or tomorrow if he has not already as he thought he had been told the issue was corrected with the latest BIOS. I told him he indeed needed to read this and speak with the BIOS engineers

Ill keep you guys informed as to what he says or find out from them

Comment

I've just tried putting my Vista x64 system with 4x1Gb into S3 sleep. Result:

BSOD win32k.sys Stop 0x000000D3 "The driver mistakenly marked a part of it's image pageable instead of nonpageable"

Comment

Big thanks again to LSD for keeping this issue front and center with Giga!
                        Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
                        Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

This is NOT Vista only and it affects MORE than just 2x2gb of RAM

Here were my original system specs:
                          Intel E8400
                          Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R w/ F9 bios
                          2gb OCZ Platinum 1066mhz DDR2
                          XFX 9800 GT
                          Antec Sonata III Case w/ EarthWatts 500w PSU
                          Windows XP SP3 32bit

I encountered the same issue when I upgraded to the F10g BIOS on XP SP3

Then I installed Vista x32 SP1, still have the same issues.

I've since upgraded my CPU to a Q9550, with Vista x32 SP1 and it still has problems coming out of S3 sleep.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys be aware that it's not just affecting Vista and it's not related only to 2x2gb of RAM.

Comment

Beta BIOS could be your issue? I would test with a NON beta if you really are wanting to test this all out.

But thanks for the posts for sure!

I will be letting Gigabyte know, it is NOT fixed, and does affect Vista and XP with any amount of ram still

Comment

Good news!

Gigabyte has contacted me today with a Beta BIOS to test for the GA-EP45-DS3R

I have sent this beta to a few users for initial tests, if it is working them or myself will post it here for everyone to use. And if it does indeed work then it will be ported over to all the rest of the boards.

Anyone who would like to test this who did not get a PM, Message me if you like as more testers may be needed anyway, but keep in mind BIOS flashing is a risk anytime. This will be a BETA BIOS and you should really wait to hear results from those whom I sent the beta to.

Not sure, but I tried to pick those who tested things and posted results here.

I do need results from a XP user, and a Vista user, and I think I covered that. I do need testing results with 2x1 and 4x1 and 2x2 ram please from both XP and Vista. <<< (Note to those who are testing)
                              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-23-2008, 02:57 AM.

Comment

oh joyous day! i sent them report about my problem but please if u can remind them that it's also a GA-EP43-DS3L problem as well!

my system (vista x64 SP1, 2x2GB RAM,
                                GA-EP43-DS3L)

Comment

Working...
                                X