X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Yeah, I will ask now. Thanks for the reminder

*Email Sent*
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-29-2008, 08:12 AM. Reason: Email Sent to Gigabyte

Comment

The S3 Fix For P45-DS4 and P45-DS4P will be posted this afternoon, Taiwan Time

This Message Was just relayed to me tonight, so thought I would update those who have asked me here and Via PM.

Comment

Hi

New here and and new to Gigabyte motherboards. Just upgraded my rig from an AMD system to an intel (mainly for gaming) and I also noticed that when I come out of sleep mode I get BSoD. This is very annoying and I thought it may be due to my overclocking settings even though I've run countless benchmarks and stress tests and passed them all with ease so i tried stock settings and got the exact same results.

I Googled the problem and Googled the BSoD and read that it may be my RAM (2x2GB OCZ Reapers PC2-6400) so I tried rearranging the RAM into different DIMMs and running memtest, games and all that I can think of and had no problems, as soon as I resumes from sleep I would get BSoD.

Did more Googling research and come across something to do with S3 so I figured I'd wait for a BIOS update. It's been over a month now and nothing. I'm using a Gigabyte EP45-DS3P and using the latest F7 BIOS. I've tried all BIOSs and none of them work with sleep mode.

So when can I expect a BIOS fix for the DS3P? It's a damn great motherboard, very stable and I've had absolutely no issues with it, except I REALLY need sleep mode and it's the only thing I can't have with this motherboard
        CPU: C2D E8500 1.2250V
        RAM: OCZ Reapers DDR2 800 (4-4-4-15) 2.1V
        Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-DS3P
        PSU: Corsair HX620 - 620W
        Case: CoolerMaster CM690
        HDD1: Western Digital 150GB Raptor
        HDD2: Western Digital 640GB 640AACS

Comment

Should have been posted, Maybe it will also be added today with the DS4. I will email and ask about it if it does not go online when the DS4 and DS4P models do.

Comment

The remaining EP45 BIOSs with the S3 fix have appeared on the Gigabyte website. I'll be trying the EP45-DS4 version in just a few hours from now.

Comment

For the GA-EP45-DS3P there is the BIOS F8 available, which should fix the S3 problem: GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS3P (rev. 1.0)

Seems to have been posted today with the new BIOS F9 for GA-EP45-DS4:
              GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS4 (rev. 1.0)

Also the date says 2008/09/30 for both, but I guess thats just the time when it was finished internally.

Comment

I hope their gonna post a new bios for the DQ6 too.
                Ok they just released a new bios while i was writing. I am gonna test it out and post my results later.

I've had this topic in my favorite for quite a while now and i have been checking it daily for news about this problem. Now there is this fix for the DS3 but they forget the rest of the P45 family. From what i've read around the internet all models got the S3 problem. They better fix this stuff ASAP or their gonna have alot of their clients pissed off. This bug shouldnt have passed on from the P35 to the P45 in the first place.
                And now their also gonna release a new P45 line-up with Ultra-Durable 3 making our boards "old" already. How about releasing a good finished product next time...

Anyway here is my info if gigabyte thinks they need it.

I am using the following RAM:
                2x 2GB Gskill PC8000 (F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ)

Motherboard info:
                GA-EP45-DQ6 Rev1.0
                SN 082300806233 (from the box)

68|68-4|N29|815309J (the green sticker on the audioports)
                PT|ICT |FOC|LOT. NO.
                Last edited by Rutger; 10-02-2008, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Well I've upgraded my EP45-DS4 to BIOS F9 and I'm pleased to say that the S3 sleep problem appears to be resolved.

Big thanks to Lsdmeasap for getting this sorted

Comment

Well updated the BIOS to F8 and sleep mode now works much better. But I have a new problem, this BIOS is fairly unstable, my original overclocking settings gave me constant BSODs which where not present with the F7 BIOS, I changed to a slightly slower overclock which worked but it gave me repeating reboot loops after resuming from sleep mode.

And even at stock settings whilst typing this post up my PC froze and I had to reboot and type everything up again. This is starting to become really annoying. I do like this motherboard but the only thing making me keep it so far is the fact I ain't got no money for a new board, but I will in a month or two so I hope there will be a fix or I'm gonna get a new motherboard.

Comment

The fix is just one setting adjustment in the BIOS I believe, but you are right sometimes things do change within a BIOS update to make previous settings act different.

So are you sure your overclock was stable before? Do you want some help with it? If so, feel free to make a new thread with your full specs and settings and I will see if maybe you originally had some things a bit unstable and just need some minor adjustments

Comment

I can assure you it wasn't unstable. I ran Prime95 for over 24hours, passed OCCT custom 2 hours, Intel Burn Test for 10 loops (running Intel Burn Test for 15 minutes is equivalent to running Prime 95 for over 40 hours apparently) and run memtest for over 24 hours (several hours with different RAM configurations), played all my games without any problems. So I spent a few days stressing the crap out of this PC and didn't get a single error.

So for it to boot up and get BSoD before it even hits the welcome screen as soon as I updated the BIOS something is definitely not right. And I ain't no noob at overclocking either, been doing it for about 2 years now But most of that time had been with AMD system, I'm new to Intel and Gigabyte motherboards so if you insist I will create a new thread.

Comment

Well when you updated the BIOS did you load optimized defaults and save and apply? If not then you did not flash properly. If you did, are you sure you got each and every setting set the exact same again?

But yeah, Things do change with each BIOS version, so in the end you may just have to tweak it all to your liking again

I didnt by any means you were a noob at overclocking, just had to ask because you never know... Ya know.

So really no offense meant and I do believe you, I just had to ask to be sure. Some people's Idea of stable is far different then others.

I don't really insist. But if you do need help getting stable now again I can sure help ya try.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            Well when you updated the BIOS did you load optimized defaults and save and apply? If not then you did not flash properly.
                            No I did not do this. Never knew you had too. I read somewhere that updating the BIOS may reset all your settings but not cause any problems. I never had this problem when flashing to other BIOSes (When checking to see if any other BIOS had the S3 problem).

I will give it a go running everything stock and try again. And yes everything is EXACTLY the same, when you spend hours upon hours (more like days and weeks if you include the time stressing for stability) and constantly changing every option very small steps at a time it starts becoming very repetitive and it sticks to your head, so I know about 20 different stable overclock settings like I know the back of my hand but only 1 of those outperform all the rest and it's the one I "was" using.

When I have the time I will make a new thread and see if I can get a little bit of help. People said overclocking Intel CPUs was very easy and all you need to do is raise the FSB, but overclocking to get the best results I'm fiddling aorund with loads more stuff then I did with my AMD setup.

Comment

Ya, you MUST load optimized defaults then save and apply, and reboot back to the BIOS. This is a very important part of the flash, yes your settings will be lost for sure.

Once you reboot back to the BIOS BE SURE BEFORE you save any settings and try to start windows that you go and set your disk settings again! If you do not do this and you are using a RAID you will corrupt your array.

Ya, I hear ya! I know alot of mine as well!

It is a bit more involved then changing the FSB, which you surely know by now. And with a P45 there is tons of settings, way more then P35

Ya, if you do need help feel free to make a thread and I can help ya out

Comment

Hi,

Any idea if they're working o nthe S3 fix for the G45 board and, if so, when the updated bios may be available?

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X