Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Originally posted by agenio View Post
        new bios for 970 pro3: 1.80 :)
        Aaaaand the changelog says
        Change Internet Flash server.
        That's hilarious

Comment

eh eh ... Hope is the last to die, maybe they changed something hidden

Comment

@agenio
            Still unstable for me. Updated my bios and set all to defaults. After 2 minutes I've experienced a freeze. I then changed back the voltage of my ram to 1.65 and everything went to normal. I see no one from Asrock is even trying to help us... Wake up people from Asrock !

Comment

@radw

try disabling the sound card in bios ... my now seems stable even if no audio :)

Comment

@radw .... new bios ... 1.90 :):

1. Improve memory compatibility.
                2. Modify PCI VGA card ZOTAC GT610 issue.
                3. Update UEFI RAID Driver.
                4. Support UEFI PXE boot.

maybe ... (however my system since I disabled the sound card is stable)

Comment

AND it still crashes :s sigh... when counting in al the hours spent trying to "fix" my computer.... I could have bought me an high end mobo and went on vacation :(

Comment

Originally posted by jonasv View Post
                    AND it still crashes :s sigh... when counting in al the hours spent trying to "fix" my computer.... I could have bought me an high end mobo and went on vacation :(
                    Same here with Fx6300 and 970 Pro3 R2.0 + GeiL DragonRam :/

Comment

• Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

I have 970 Extreme 4 and AMD FX8350. I have this since january 2013 and it was working perfectly with stock setting and bios v2.30. i haven't run any benchmark and for now my motherbord is at service after a failed bios flash with v2.40. When i will have it again wich bios should i be upgrading? v2.21B or v2.40? wich one is better? to be onest i'm scared to flash again v2.40 since this "killed" my motherboard after i flashed with Instant Flash from UEFI and at the end was "Programming succes, press Enter to reboot" and after reboot, my system never booted again.
                      Last edited by Leontin; 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Last reply here from asrock over 4months old

common... give a solution... I would even be happy with "yeah, it just doesn't work, buy something else"

Comment

I've got a workaround guys!
                          Installed Vista 32Bit, its a bit buggy especially my ATI Driver but Prime works now for about 1 hour!
                          My Windows 7 64 Bit crashed after max. 5 Minutes of Prime95!

Comment

Originally posted by owned139 View Post
                            I've got a workaround guys!
                            Installed Vista 32Bit, its a bit buggy especially my ATI Driver but Prime works now for about 1 hour!
                            My Windows 7 64 Bit crashed after max. 5 Minutes of Prime95!

hmm 1hour aint that long ofcourse.... how long is the max you could run it atm?

and vista :o.... I'm wondering what the difference could be (I already tried XP and Linux without success)

Comment

Originally posted by jonasv View Post
                              hmm 1hour aint that long ofcourse.... how long is the max you could run it atm?

and vista :o.... I'm wondering what the difference could be (I already tried XP and Linux without success)
                              Tested for about 3 hours last night.
                              With Win7 my system never works so long!

Comment

After this test, i've installed Vista 64Bit and got the same problems like before.
                                Prime95 crashes with hardware failures and i've got BSOD (0x0A & 0x1E).
                                After renaming secdrv.sys to secdrv.sys.bak the system seems to be stable.
                                You can find this file in windows/system32/drivers.
                                It is the SecuRom driver, a copyprotection from macrovision!

This file should exist in Win7 to, so give it a try and let me know if it works for you guys!

*edit:
                                You have to rename it in safe mode! (press F8 while booting!)

*edit2:
                                Renaming the driver doesnt fix the problem but after installing sounddriver, Prime95 crashed again and again after seconds.
                                Last edited by owned139; 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X