ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Here is a 9 hour stability test of my system - everything went OK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Extreme4+FX-8350-Prime95-9h.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	753476

Comment

I had the same problem with the following setup:
      AMD FX Series FX-8320 (boxed cooler)
      8GB (2x 4096MB) Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3-1866
      ASRock 970 Extreme4

I underclocked, overvolted, tested with only one RAM module in varying ports, tested different RAM, switched the Mainboard and the Processor separately with identical newly purchased parts. Tested another power supply.

Prime would stop workers after seconds due to faulty rounding and the PC would crash randomly.

I was so relieved when I read about the 2.3 BIOS, sadly it has not resolved my problem. Prime will now work longer and instead of stopping singly workers, the system crashes imediately with a BSOD after about 30 to 60 seconds. I tried overvolting the RAM to 1.65V and lowering its frequency to 1300MHz. I also tried raising the already high Vcore (1.4V standard) to 1.45V - but no luck.

Because I already switched every part ond others have the same problems with this Mobo I am really not pleased with AsRock this time. How can you put a CPU on the list of supported processors when it obviously does not function properly?

Any further hints are greatly appreciated. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kloppy View Post
        I had the same problem with the following setup:
        AMD FX Series FX-8320 (boxed cooler)
        8GB (2x 4096MB) Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3-1866
        ASRock 970 Extreme4

I underclocked, overvolted, tested with only one RAM module in varying ports, tested different RAM, switched the Mainboard and the Processor separately with identical newly purchased parts. Tested another power supply.

Prime would stop workers after seconds due to faulty rounding and the PC would crash randomly.

I was so relieved when I read about the 2.3 BIOS, sadly it has not resolved my problem. Prime will now work longer and instead of stopping singly workers, the system crashes imediately with a BSOD after about 30 to 60 seconds. I tried overvolting the RAM to 1.65V and lowering its frequency to 1300MHz. I also tried raising the already high Vcore (1.4V standard) to 1.45V - but no luck.

Because I already switched every part ond others have the same problems with this Mobo I am really not pleased with AsRock this time. How can you put a CPU on the list of supported processors when it obviously does not function properly?

Any further hints are greatly appreciated. :)
        I have same issue only that, i have got an asrock 970 pro3 (last bios 1.6) and 16GB(2 x 8GB) corsair vengeance ddr3 1600

Comment

Asrock 970 Pro3 and FX8350 issue

I solved it by lifting the vcore (1.3725) and leading the Rams to 1333 MHz and 1.6V.
          Maybe we need a new bios for the 970 pro3?
          @ASRock TSD - Emily

PS: there are many users who have problems with this card and FX cpu
          Last edited by agenio; 03-19-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I'm using an Asrock 970 pro 3 with amd fx 6300 and gskill sniper ram 4x2gb, having the same issues. I raised the cpu nb, ram voltage, but it standed for only 30-40mins.
            Will the 970 pro3 have any Bios update soon?
            Sometimes, it doesn't recognise the duel channel mode and runs in single mode, after several reset, it run normally. I think that it will happen again
            Last edited by ngothehung; 03-23-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Even my pc continues to be unstable, in fact I found that setting the ram to 1.6V, although the system appeared to be very stable (OCCT 5HR), the ram failed memtest.

Setting the ram at 1.5V instead, no error in memtest (12hr), but the system is highly unstable (Windows freeze, etc..).

Now I tried to install Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) and with the ram at 1.5V seems much more stable (no freeze, etc.)

Comment

Dear Agenio,

For this issue on 970 Pro3, please kindly provide your e-mail for me via PM.
                I will send beta BIOS to you for testing first.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                ASRock TSD
                Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                  Dear Agenio,

For this issue on 970 Pro3, please kindly provide your e-mail for me via PM.
                  I will send beta BIOS to you for testing first.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                  ASRock TSD
                  Emily
                  It's arrived?

Comment

Dear Emily, will the new bios improve the compatibility with all the fx series chips, or just the 8150/8350 ones?
                    I'm using a Fx6300 :D

Comment

Originally posted by ngothehung View Post
                      I'm using an Asrock 970 pro 3 with amd fx 6300 and gskill sniper ram 4x2gb, having the same issues. I raised the cpu nb, ram voltage, but it standed for only 30-40mins.
                      Will the 970 pro3 have any Bios update soon?
                      Sometimes, it doesn't recognise the duel channel mode and runs in single mode, after several reset, it run normally. I think that it will happen again
                      i have same problem with you freeze every 5-10 minutes, no mouse cursor and force me to reset the power.
                      try to increase the ram voltage to 1.65v it can stand only for 30 minutes..
                      i think the problem is in memory addresing problem as i read this thread
                      BSOD's EVERYWHERE! - Tech Support Forum
                      we need a bios update to fix this..
                      dear Emily
                      please send me a beta bios

my system:
                      amd fx6300
                      asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0
                      2x2 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
                      SEASONIC Power Supply 520 Watt

Comment

You can try this:
                        - In Advance/ CPU configuration: Turn off all option
                        In OC option
                        - Turn off Turbo boost and APM

- Manually set multiplier: x19 (3.8ghz) or leave it x17.5 (3.5ghz)
                        - Cpu voltage: 1.3625v ( Fx 6300, i don't know if it's ok with other chips)
                        - Cpu-NB : 2000 mhz, 1.325v (i tried with higher frequencies but it's unstable)
                        - Ram : 1333 mhz, auto timing, 1.55v
                        Everything else are default.
                        It's stable with me for 2 days testing. Still waiting for the new bios, i just want everything run at stock settings.

Last edited by ngothehung; 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Dear Emiliy. when will the new bios for 970 Pro3 be available?
                          No update yet in the beta zone.

Comment

My computer is unstable again. Have no clue what to do now.
                            I hope that the new bios will come soon

Comment

Finally, new Bios for 970 pro3 released!

ASRock > 970 Pro3

Comment

Aaahh, bad luck to me.
                                Still unstable with the new bios update. Crash and randomly reset after 10-15 minutes.
                                I leave everything in stock setting after the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X