X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Originally posted by ngothehung View Post
    Aaahh, bad luck to me.
    Still unstable with the new bios update. Crash and randomly reset after 10-15 minutes.
    I leave everything in stock setting after the update.
    Likewise here, except I've been able to to run games for up to one and and a half hour...

Comment

The new bios doesn't help me at all
      I have to set to the previous setting, at least, it can stand for 1-2h working or playing games
      Is anyone else successful with the new bios?
      @Dear Asrock's team: any advice will be great...

Comment

I've gotten my system somewhat stable...

Turn off all CPU power saving settings (APM, C1E etc.)
        Everything else default.

Edit:
        After ~20 mins of video streaming without hardware acceleration, the screen froze, and horrible electronic screeches blasted from my speakers... Oh well, there goes the somewhat stable part...
        Last edited by MrTicki; 04-06-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Dear all,

Did you try BIOS P1.70 as below link?
          Link: ASRock > 970 Pro3

If system is still unstable with BIOS P1.70, please kindly provide the system config for me and which game you play.
          When the symptom will occur?
          Could you provide the detailed BSOD information for me to check it?

Thanks!

Have a nice day
          ASRock TSD
          Emily

Comment

Here my config:
            Asrock 970 pro 3, bios P1.70
            Amd Fx6300
            Gskill sniper 2x4gb f3-12800cl9d-8gbsr
            Galaxy GTX 650ti
            WD Blue 500gb
            Seasonic S12II 500w
            I got randomly freeze or suddenly reset when playing (Warcraft III, Counterstrike source, Pes13...), browsing web (chrome) and even in idle state.
            I didn't meet any BSOD
            I think that's the compatibility problem between RAM and AMD motherboard or AMD memory controller.
            When i change to older Ram (Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC10600/1333MHz CL9), it's stable, but the ram is very hot after 15-30 working.
            The Gskill ram is fine, it pass 7-8 memtest and works well on other PC (intel)
            Last edited by ngothehung; 04-16-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ngothehung View Post
              I got randomly freeze or suddenly reset when playing (Warcraft III, Counterstrike source, Pes13...), browsing web (chrome) and even in idle state.
              Exactly the same problems I've come across since upgrading to 1.70.

My setup:
              Asrock 970 Pro3
              AMD Fx-8350
              Corsair Vengenence 2x 8gb (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
              HD Radeon 5870

Seems like a problem between the FX series, and motherboard...

Comment

after update bios to 1.10
                and change my ram from Corsair Vengeance to Team cl11 1600 mhz
                now finally stable ... :)
                i can run my fx6300 @ 4.07 with 1.2625v stock cooling
                fsb= 220 x 18.5
                NB= 2200 @ 1.175v
                HTT= link @2200
                my ram runs 1760 @ 1.575v cas 9.10.9.27
                so far i think the corsair value ram not compatible with my motherboard. ..
                hope asrock team will fix this soon ...

Comment

Originally posted by ellesio View Post
                  change my ram from Corsair Vengeance to Team cl11 1600 mhz
                  now finally stable ... :)
                  so far i think the corsair value ram not compatible with my motherboard. ..
                  hope asrock team will fix this soon ...
                  I tried swapping RAM with a mate (Corsair Vengence PC12800 -> Kingston Hyber Black PC12800), and as far as I can tell, it's stable.

As mine were also Corsair Vengence, it seems as the Asrock 970 pro3 does not like this particular brand of RAM.

Comment

I'm using Gskill sniper ram 1600 c9 and get the compatibility problem too.
                    Hope asrock will fix soon, the new bios P1.70 doesn't help at all

Comment

And my system is yet again unstable... Bollocks

Comment

News? ... my system is stable only with Linux:(

Comment

Originally posted by agenio View Post
                          News? ... my system is stable only with Linux:(
                          No news sadly...
                          My computer is stable, but if I try to view ANY kind of flash content, it will crash, hard reboot, or frezze within half a minute.

Are you able to view flash content without any issues?

Edit:
                          About the stability of my system...: I just ran through the 'tutorial' part in Skyrim, and crashed upon entering the 'real' game.
                          I think it's time to get another motherboard...
                          Last edited by MrTicki; 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I may finally have found a cause to the issue.
                            It so simple, that I'm ashamed I didn't try this before... So here goes:

I unpluged my speaker system (Speaker System Z623 - Logitech UK).

As simple as that.

I've found an easy soloution to the missing sound though.
                            My main monitor is a tv, which is connected with an HDMI cable, so I just let audio pass through to the TV, and then plug my speakers to the TV.

Comment

I can not seem to find a solution ... my system is still unstable

Comment

Seems like this is a general failure from Asrock with their motherboard 970 Pro3.
                                First of all, hi, I am new here.
                                I own an Asrock 970 Pro3 with the latest bios and 8 Gb of ram Corsair Vengeance v2.12.
                                I am facing the same issues as you describe here, random freezes, sometimes BSOD's and I think it's a particularity in all this : As Mr.Ticky said, these "random" freezes occur especially when watching flash content, but they also occur in idle mode or any other time... I also tested my PSU(in the first place), SSD and CPU. They all work fine.
                                I would like to try some beta bios that Emily from Asrock told us about.

Btw, now I'm running with only one stick of memory, Corsair Vengeance but v5.12. So far, so good, no freezes or lags for about an hour of intensive usage. I will keep you up to date with this newer version of Corsair Vengeance memory.
                                Perhaps there is an instabilty with the first versions of Corsair Vengeance memory...

After about 1 hour and a half my system frozen ... I will try lowering memory speed and disabling any feature for the CPU as somebody suggested in this topic. I will keep you posted.

L.E. : I switched with 1Gb of memory found laying around and everything seems to be running smooth until now. I will keep you posted in case something appears.
                                I am 99% sure it's an incompatibility with Corsair Vengeance memories no matter what version, as I stated above I have two versions of this memory.

L.L.E: Seems like I am not getting to the root of the problem... I overvolted my ram to 1.52V (1.5 default). It has run for about 2 hours with a video on youtube and HyperPi ... then, suddenly BSOD !
                                I'm attaching a picture with the BSOD. I don't know how much voltage I can put into the ram ... I will try with the maximum of 1.6V and if this doesn't settles the problem... I'm out of ideas...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-05 19.27.36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	753691
                                Last edited by radw; 06-05-2013, 12:22 PM. Reason: Partially solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X