Originally posted by agenio View Post
      What version of sounddriver?

On Realtek website there are new version (2.71) realtek site
      Same problem with 2.71 and CD version.
      Is Emily on vacation?

Comment

• Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Dear all,

I execute the stress test (Prime95 + Furmark) for a long time for checking this issue, but I still cannot see the unstable symptom at our side.
        If possible, please try to replace another memory to check if the symptom is related to the specific memory module.

If the unstable symptom still occur at your side, please kindly contact me via PM.
        I'll assist you in further.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

WOW !
          New bios ! Just saw that :D
          I haven't used my computer in the last 2 months, just today I turned it on. I will be upgrading to v 1.90 with stock settings for RAM. Now I'm using XMP Profile with 1.65V and it's pretty stable as far as I can remember. I will keep you posted with the results.

Comment

Any news?

After a week I still got no response (PM).

However after that new bios, I can play games for 2-3hours before the systems reboots.

So looks like the new bios did something, but just not went "all the way".

Any one else that still has some trouble?

Comment

Well, I've updated to the latest version of bios. With everything set to default I've managed to work on it for about 10 minutes before it hanged.
              Seems like there is a hardware failure because I did like a member mentioned, I disabled the integrated audio card, and everything is working just fine with defaults settings and the audio card disabled.
              Emily, any news/solutions ?

Comment

Originally posted by radw View Post
                Well, I've updated to the latest version of bios. With everything set to default I've managed to work on it for about 10 minutes before it hanged.
                Seems like there is a hardware failure because I did like a member mentioned, I disabled the integrated audio card, and everything is working just fine with defaults settings and the audio card disabled.
                Emily, any news/solutions ?
                wait, if I understand correctly ..

with audio card disabled you can work without problems? (or just for 10mins)

Comment

Yes, that was what I was trying to say: With the integrated audio card disabled and everything set to default (or changed) my computer is working as it should( and NOT just for 10 minutes! ) ! That's why I'm thinking it's a hardware failure or inadequacy.
                  Try this method and post back, the more we are this solution working the better for Asrock to reduce the root of the problems.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I am fighting with the same problem that you all have. I've built a system on a (used) ASRock 970 Extreme 3 P1.80 board with FX-3850 and 2x2GB Geil Value DDR3-1600 RAM. My old rig was based on a MSI K9A2 Platinum mobo (790FX chipset) with an Athlon II X4 640 @3.5GHz. Therefore I decided not to reinstall the system, I only swapped the mobos, CPU-s and RAM and started the machine. The Windows recognized the new things and on the first 2 days it ran well. Then everything's gone wrong, continuous self-reset on Win boot, it became a very unstable system.

I've found this topic and I tried to disable the sound device as it was suggested. It seems that it works. In the meantime the PS/2 mouse detection became problematic, so I plugged in an USB mice. (I use electronic KVM switch, maybe it is the source of the detection problem, but on the first 2 days there was no problems with it as well.) I had not much time to test the machine but I can say with sound device disabled and using an USB mouse my machince was stable and useable for 30-40 minutes. Further tests will be done this week, I will be back with the results. I plan to put a Creatice Audigy Value card into the rig to make some noise, I hope it will work.

An other strange thing is that despite I installed the RAM modules in the appropriate way, in the BIOS the mobo says that it works in single channel mode.
                    AIDA64 says that it's working in dual channel and the memory benchmark results are prove it. When I bought the mobo it's got version P1.70 BIOS with the same memory detection problem. Then I've refreshed the BIOS, but the problem remained.

Comment

@Yutani
                      Unfortunately it's a MoBo issue which is still an enigma for Asrock and us. As far as we discovered so far, disabling the integrated audio card reduces significantly BSOD/freezes etc. As far as I discovered, raising RAMs voltage can further increase the stability of the system. As an example : I've updated my bios to the latest version, 1.90, and let everything to default in BIOS settings. I soon(10-15 minutes) experienced the old freezes. After that, I went into bios and disabled the integrated audio card. Again, my computer worked very well(almost without freezes or at a very wide period of time) but when I wanted to play GTA 4 for example, after 5 minutes of gaming, BANG, freeze ! I went into bios again and raised my DRAM voltage to 1.65V (default 1.5V). I managed to play for 10-15 minutes and then, again, FREEZES !
                      I went again into bios and raised DRAM voltage to 1.7V. At this point my computer is very stable and never hanged. I've been using this settings for 5 days now and I think it has to do something with DRAMs voltages. See for yourself if raising DRAms voltage does any good.

Comment

Asrock 970 PRO3 still unstable with latest bios !
                        Do something Asrock !

Comment

Asrock 970 PRO3 still unstable with latest bios !
                          Do something Asrock !
                          Rev 2.0? With FX? which model?
                          And which RAM do u use?

Comment

I already described my specs : MB v1, FX-6100, 8GB Corsair Vengeance ram and a 500W Recom PowerEngine M500. What else do you need ?
                            Thanks !

Comment

I already described my specs : MB v1, FX-6100, 8GB Corsair Vengeance ram and a 500W Recom PowerEngine M500. What else do you need ?
                              Thanks !
                              ASRock > 970 Pro3
                              Your Memory isn't on the supported list.

Comment

Come on, when was the last time you heard about memory incompatibilities on new generation computers ?
                                I also have a 4Gb module from Kingston and 2x2Gb also from Corsair - Link to Corsair website.
                                Problem persists.
                                The problem is, obviously, with the motherboard as I am not the only one with these kind of problems and others have different brands of RAM memory.
                                There has to be some incompabilities, as I stated, with RAM voltage because as soon as I raise the RAM voltage, the computer becomes more stable.

Comment

Working...
                                X