Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Hello, I try to ask for help here too :)
    I have a z77 extreme 4, when the processor is in oc motherboard does not recognize a device pci-e. I did the same test putting my processor on a pc from a friend, who was also extreme 4, and setting the same parameters oc, also one of its pci-e card is not recognized. Two motherboards equal and the same problem in practice.
    Does anyone have the same problem?

The oc setting:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	u7jd.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	753964

thanks!!!

ps: when the cpu @stock there isn't any problems
    Last edited by TomJ; 10-20-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hi,
      I have built a gaming PC recently with the following configuration:

MotherBoard : ASRock FX990 Extreme 4
      CPU: AMD FX 8320
      RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8 GB
      Graphics Card: XFX HD 7790 2 GB
      Power Supply : Corsair 650 Watt

Now the problem is, whenever I start (Cold Boot) my PC, the computer begins to boot up but stops reporting some error code Dr. Debug. No output to the attached monitor. Dr. Debug shows random codes like 00, 1b, 19 etc each time PC starts (Cold Boot). But after waiting for a little time and restaring (Warm booting) it again, solves the pblm. I have tried all possible suggested solutions that are available on the forums. I had flashed my MB with all available BIOS versions from 1.7 to 2.3 but no results so far. As per my observation graphics card requires a little time to get stabilized, which gets fullfilled when I restart PC. PLs suggest some solution or any Beta BIOS if available..

Comment

• Linux on asrock n68-vs3 fx

greetings,
        my motherboard, does not work with linux (ubuntu, fedora ... and I have not tried more).
        presents the same problems on both OS, not off, no internet connected,

excuse my English
        thanks

Comment

I just purchased the z87 Extreme 4. It comes with CfosSpeed. Since I have Windows 8.1, it says it needs new drivers to work. Where do I get these drivers. There isn't anything on the Asrock website to update and Cfos doesn't offer updates, just full purchases of the software.

Comment

Hello! I own a Asrock 970 Extreme 3 motherboard, and I have a problem with the chassis fan 1 controller, it always runs my fan on max RPM it doesn't matter if I set it to manual and on level 1 in the bios, the chassis fan 2 and 3 is working normally it runs on the level I set it. power fan same thing... max RPM, for that I don't even have an option to set RPM in the bios... so my question is, is there a way to fix this fan 1 controller? or do I have to buy a fan controller? thx! :)
            Last edited by RyoMario90; 11-03-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

i have 2 of asrock motherboards.i used xfast ram utility:i don't like that i cannot uninstall the app and remains the driver that is found as an unknow drive after restart.the utility after uninstall shoud remove ALL the files and "partition" created.please do something.(sometimes i cannot use portable apps with xfast ram as i usualy do without xfast ram)

Comment

Hi,

This is really trivial I guess but when I installed Windows 7 on my son's new Asrock machine, the red/blue case light stopped working. Nothing happens when I play with the switch on the front of the case. Is there a BIOS setting I need to set in order for it to work? I just want everything to work as advertised before I hand it over.

Regards, Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by 1987blue View Post
                  Hi,

This is really trivial I guess but when I installed Windows 7 on my son's new Asrock machine, the red/blue case light stopped working. Nothing happens when I play with the switch on the front of the case. Is there a BIOS setting I need to set in order for it to work? I just want everything to work as advertised before I hand it over.

Regards, Gerry
                  No idea what ASRock board you have, but it sounds like the "Good Night LED" option is enabled in the BIOS, which turns off the power and HDD activity LEDs. Of course you said "case light", which could be something else, but since you mentioned the power switch, I assume you mean the power and HDD LEDs.

What's odd is, you say the lights stopped working after you installed Windows 7? So they worked before that? I don't see how a Windows installation (that works?) caused the LEDs to stop working. Did you install all the software from the board's driver/utility disk? Not that you must, but depending on the board, an ASRock utility program can turn off the LEDs too. Both the BIOS and the utility do not have the LEDs turned off by default.

Comment

Originally posted by silviulian View Post
                    i have 2 of asrock motherboards.i used xfast ram utility:i don't like that i cannot uninstall the app and remains the driver that is found as an unknow drive after restart.the utility after uninstall shoud remove ALL the files and "partition" created.please do something.(sometimes i cannot use portable apps with xfast ram as i usualy do without xfast ram)
                    To remove the unknown drive, did you first disable the RAM drive in AXTU? If the RAM drive is created, just uninstalling the app (AXTU) and the driver will not automatically completely remove the RAM drive. The RAM drive has an entry in Device Manager, under Storage Controllers, so it is a Windows device, and must be treated as more than just software.

Did you try clearing the BIOS/CMOS to remove the the unknown drive? I don't know if that will work, but it might. Be sure you save your current BIOS settings in a profile (no idea what boards you have, so can't tell you how to do that) before you clear the BIOS/CMOS, and restore any values you need after the clear.

You may need to install and run AXTU again, start the RAM drive again, and then disable it in AXTU before it will not be seen by Windows. I have done this and you can remove the RAM drive completely, but you must do that correctly.

Comment

Hi guys, i would like to know what is the exact size of the Asrock Extreme 7 for supporting an air cooler? i think its very limited about the size if i want to put 2 fans on a cooler !!i know that thermalright venoumous-x with 2 enermax fans for ex supports.. unfortunatly i cannot find anywhere the size since the memorys for making quad channel must be 2 of them on the inside!! i wanted to put the prolimatech megashadow or enermax ets-t40-bk. (or another cooler but it must be a black cooler) :)
                      ps: by the way the memorys that im using is the Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (not low profile)

photos of the asrock extreme 7

Photos of the prolimatech and enermax black coolers

Comment

Im newbie in this forum. I will try to learn something. Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                          Typically how long should I wait for tech support to contact me before calling them?
                          I killed my bios via a bad flash and just need to order a new chip.
                          Thanks.

Comment

I have a 990FX Extreme 3. I ordered it in Dec 2013. It didn't boot up at all. No power, no lights, no beeps, and no fans. I rma'd through Newegg and the same issue persists. I only changed the mobo and ram. After the rma, I put my comp back together and it worked flawlessly. So the cpu, power supply, vga, and hd all work fine.I feel like I wouldn't have gotten 2 bad mobos in a row so there must be a compatibility issue or bad ram. I did switch the ram into different slots and tried 1 at a time with no change. I tried to boot with no ram and it powered up but had no video. Any help would be appreciated.

Asrock 990FX Extreme 3
                            Phenom II (x2) 555 Black Edition - HDZ555WFGMBOX
                            Gskill 2Gx2 F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO - DDR3 1333
                            WD BLack Caviar 1TB
                            EVGA GTX 460 (x2) SLI
                            Thermaltake 850w PSU
                            Last edited by kravinsum; 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kravinsum View Post
                              I have a 990FX Extreme 3. I ordered it in Dec 2013. It didn't boot up at all. No power, no lights, no beeps, and no fans. I rma'd through Newegg and the same issue persists. I only changed the mobo and ram. After the rma, I put my comp back together and it worked flawlessly. So the cpu, power supply, vga, and hd all work fine.I feel like I wouldn't have gotten 2 bad mobos in a row so there must be a compatibility issue or bad ram. I did switch the ram into different slots and tried 1 at a time with no change. I tried to boot with no ram and it powered up but had no video. Any help would be appreciated.

Asrock 990FX Extreme 3
                              Phenom II (x2) 555 Black Edition - HDZ555WFGMBOX
                              Gskill 2Gx2 F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO - DDR3 1333
                              WD BLack Caviar 1TB
                              EVGA GTX 460 (x2) SLI
                              Thermaltake 850w PSU
                              First, always post a new thread with your issue in the ASRock forum, this thread is not monitored by ASRock much if at all, as well as forum regulars.

Given the model of CPU you have is correct, I don't see it in the CPU support list for this board. The model number is close but not exact, if that matters:

ASRock > 990FX Extreme3

Comment

Hi , I am planning to buy ASRock B85M-ITX Intel LGA1150
                                A-Style : ASRock Cloud; Supports New 4th and 4th Generation Intel Xeon / Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron Processors (Socket 1150); Supports Intel Small Business Advantage 2.0; All Solid Capacitor design; Supports Dual Channel DDR3/DDR3L 1600; 1 PCIe 3.0 x16; Graphics Output Options : DVI-D, D-Sub, HDMI; Qualcomm Atheros Gigabit LAN; 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec); 4 SATA3, 1 eSATA, 4 USB 3.1 Gen1, 6 USB 2.0; Supports A-Tuning, XFast 555, Easy Driver Installer, FAN-Tastic Tuning, USB Key

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

==============================
                                According to the motherboard feature :
                                -Graphics Output Options : DVI-D, D-Sub, HDMI

- Triple Monitor feature

Graphics, graphics and even more graphics! You've demanded for more eye candy, so this motherboard supports Triple Monitor. You may choose up to three display interfaces from the rear i/o to connect monitors and use them simultaneously without installing another graphics card.
                                ===============================

My Qs is :
                                I Planning to use the DVI on the motherboard to my LCD monitor AND
                                at them same time connect the HDMI output to my 40 inch HDTV close to my PC as a Living room TV using XBMC

I wan to know how I switch the monitor signal output to HDTV when I want to use XBMC on the 40 inch HDTV ?

The Triple Monitor feature look to me is split the windows desktop to 50% (in a 2 monitor case), 50% to the (left) monitor and 50% to the (Right) 40 inch HDTV, but that's not how I want it ??

Did I understand correctly or else ?? Help !!

Thanks
                                Last edited by ssdrock; 01-29-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X