No announcement yet.

3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly got yo 5000 on gf3 ti200...

Sammy

Comment

That 5,000 sounds reasonable. I had a Leaktek GeForce3 Ti200 overclocked to 200/500 and I could not break 7,000 unless I ran 16 bit or non standard 1024x768 resolution.

Duker

Comment

Well i am happy with 5000 but 10000 is gr8! whats the GF4 like?

Sammy

Comment

I'm glad I waited a little while. I have a friend that bought a Asus GeForce3 Ti500 one month ago and paid $100.00 more than I paid for the GeForce4. I would not pay the extra for the Ti4600, but the Ti4400 is definetely worth the $270.00. Commache4 and Nascar Season 2002 look incredible at high res and very high FPS.

I suggest you purchase some Artic Silver 3 heat compound and use it on the CPU and video card. It dropped my temps more than 5c on both. I pulled the heat sink off both my GeForce3 and GeForce4 and the compound was minimal and not even covering the entire GPU! Get the most out of your video card, whether it's a TNT2 or a GeForce4.

Duker

Comment

9961 is my best so far....I want the 10k so bad!!!

spex:

A-Bit KR7A mobo
            Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1.63 ghz
            512 MB RAM
            Visiontek Xtasy Ti 4600
            IBM 60GXP HDD

I love my machine and that's my latest goal...to get the big 10K!!

(And yes, it's all at standard settings for the benchmark)

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised you don't get 11,000. Are you running your new video card at stock speed? Are you running the latest Via 4in1 driver, it's 4.38 and has the new AGP included. Here is my exact system config:

WinXP Professional
              MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU
              XP1700 @ 1650
              2 Corsair PC2400 256 meg
              PNY Ti4400 @ 300/600
              2 Maxtor 40 Gig in Raid 0 config

The best I've had at default settings on 3DMark 2001SE is 10,534.
              This is with a clean install of WinXP. After I start installing stuff like PC Alert III it drops it down a couple hundred but still above 10,000 but then I can also bring it up a little by disabling services not needed.

Duker

Comment

The highest i ever got on the comp below was 2700 :( i need a new GFX card and a new CPU + Mobo and new moniter....need i go on? :'(

Comment

I have not OC'ed my GPU at all....yet :D

Comment

I have installed the new detonators and i get 4019

Comment

I get 1,854 on a pIII 450mhz @ stock with 320mb pc100 sdram and a heavily overclocked geforce2 mx400 64mb. Is that good for my system ?

Comment

That is about right. Your limiting factor is the CPU. You might try overclocking your PC100 memory if you can on your Motherboard. Even if you are using the stock cooling device on your PIII, you should be able to go to 105 on the FSB. Make sure you use something like Motherboard Monitor (MBM) to monitor CPU temp. It's speeds up the AGP slot also and that is why it help so much because it is probably only X2.

I have a PIII 500 (wife's machine) that is running at 625MHz but it has a big heatsink and two fans (slot 1 CPU). It has a GeForce DDR and it does what she wants. It also has Kingmax PC150 memory though, but even name brand (non value) PC100 memory overclocks acceptable.

:cheers: Duker

Comment

its a real pity i got a gateway computer...i got it a long time ago when i wasn't very well educated and i am ashamed of it *blushes* but hell, i have to live with it for now...since can't overclock cpu i make the best i can out of my geforce2 mx400 (a recent addition) since its the only thing i can overclock, lol. Its running 275/370, from 200/320. nice core overclock ey.

Comment

i have an athlon 1000 @ 1100
                            512 pc133 ram
                            prolink g/f 2 ti 64 ddr ram
                            QDI kinetiz 7e kt133a board

the drivers i'm using are the 27.42, on these drivers i got 3713,
                            i then installed the 28.32 drivers and got a reading of 3693,
                            a drop of 20 points,,,,, i'm back with 27.42 now:thumb:
                            using default settings..

Comment

Even when not chaning drivers you score can easily fluctuate by that amount, it all depends on wot programs are running in the the background therefore how much free ram u have, how long ur comp has been before you ran the tests etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepps
                                Even when not chaning drivers you score can easily fluctuate by that amount, it all depends on wot programs are running in the the background therefore how much free ram u have, how long ur comp has been before you ran the tests etc etc.
                                very true shepps...i always close everything except explorer before i benchmark :lips:

Comment

Working...
                                X