No announcement yet.

3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok here are my benchmarks comments please.

P4 System - 10800 - Trying to break 11k
    AMD (don't love my Radeon 9600 has arrived yet) 6000

Comment

• Those extreme overclockers over at T-break have done it again, this time scoring 26,336 with an overclocked Athlon64, smashing the overclocked P4 record in the process. It's currently the highest in 3dmark2001 score on the planet and it was acheived on a Gigabyte motherboard. Wait until they get their hands on an ASUS or ABIT motherboard, it will go even higher. The system was cooled by two modded Prometia super coolers, for the CPU and GPU.

Warp2Search

System information

Comment

• Sorry weta, but I think breaking a record by only a slim 100 points isn't quite "smashing" it.

BTW the P4 is back on top at 26.4k. Funny how its struggling to beat the P4.....when that won't even be its competition. It is to compete with the Prescott.....if the P4 is putting out those kind of numbers, what is the Prescott going to do to A64? Can you say ouch.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulburner
          Sorry weta, but I think breaking a record by only a slim 100 points isn't quite "smashing" it.

BTW the P4 is back on top at 26.4k. Funny how its struggling to beat the P4.....when that won't even be its competition. It is to compete with the Prescott.....if the P4 is putting out those kind of numbers, what is the Prescott going to do to A64? Can you say ouch.....
          Can you say Ouch to prescott when becnhamrks take full use of 64bit power?

Comment

• ^
            ||

what he said ;] an look at the difference in clock speeds not to mention the relative temps. gg intel, amd>u.

:afro:

Comment

• Originally posted by amd_man2003
              Can you say Ouch to prescott when becnhamrks take full use of 64bit power?
              I don't think you get it.....look at what the current P4 is able to do....the Prescott will easily well surpass that. It will pick up where the P4 left off.

And....too bad Prescott has 64 bit technology too :cool:.

Again, ouch .

Comment

• Soulburner

1. Intel won't enable 64bit on the Prescott unless they really have to, because of their Itanium processor.
                2. The score was achieved on a Gigabyte motherboard, not exactly renowned for their overclocking ability.
                3. The Pentium 4 is mature technology, the Athlon64 is not, clearly there is scope for improvement.
                4. Newsfactory may have got carried away when he said "smashed", never the less it break the record.
                5. Personally I'm not into extreme benchmarking, simply because it doesn't represent everyday computing, I just see it as a bit fun.
                6. Let's wait for the Prescott to come out and then see how the two compare, until then everything is just speculation.
                7. Your avatar rocks, has she got a sister?

Comment

• Yeah, shes in the hospital with two black eyes :cool:

Comment

• Soulburner: Meaning what?

Comment

• Lemme guess lemme guess....
                      coincidently "got" in her way?

:cheers: to her sister...

Comment

• benny_mankin: I should have seen that, I mean them coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by benny_mankin
                          Lemme guess lemme guess....
                          coincidently "got" in her way?

:cheers: to her sister...

Comment

• The guy's over at T-break have improved their score again, this time reaching 26,416.

Comment

• Why can't people start to actually use their machines for something good instead of fooling around like that..

One might wonder what those benches are compensating for.. :rolleyes2

Comment

• As long as they keep raising the bar, macci will continue to fight them off with his P4 rig....and hes doing a damn good job too.....

Comment

Working...
                                X