3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by efloetry83
    welp here it is is this anygood for what im runnin in my system?

11128 defualt settings

no. at least i don't think so considering i get almost 11k with my relatively modest rig.

gl.

:afro:

Comment

• Yep if he upgrades that PC2700 to PC3500 and puts that XP2800+ on a 200+MHz FSB then he'll likely get the extra 1000 or so points to put that rig in the zone where it belongs.

Comment

• Yes, upping to 200fsb gave me about 1.000 extra points.

I scored 12.279 with the stuff in my sig.. :)

Comment

• Can an Athlon 2,600 be cranked up to 200 FSB?

I think mine be set to 166 . . .

Comment

• It most certainly can be turned up to a 200MHz FSB but drop the multiplier a bit first.

Comment

• hmm...

I dun know too much about multiplier and BIOS in general....

Proly end up over heatin the thing :(

Comment

• Start out at about 9.5 x 200MHz first then just bump the multiplier up one step at a time to as far as it will go and then work the FSB a bit more but ya shouldn't overheat the thing if ya have good coolin' in place though ya may need to up the CPU voltage by 0.1-0.15 volts for stability.

Comment

• See - I dont even know HOW to change multiplier . . .

And I got NO idea about Voltages either.

The only thing I've changed in my comp is OC'in the my Ti 200 to 240/520.

There any Reviews or Tut's on setin Volts, Multiplier and everything?

I got a Vulcano 11 in an Antec 1080 Case with 5 fans coolin the thing. It should be able to cool sufficiently :)

Comment

• It's all done thru BIOS with most of the settings under Advanced Chipset Features and the voltages under Power BIOS Features.

Comment

• Ok.

But what do I set them to, and how do I know if their screwed up or over the top?

Comment

• On the Advanced Chipset Features;
                        CPU Clock Ratio set to 9.5 for starters
                        FSB Frequency set to 200MHz
                        then I'd go to the Power BIOS Features
                        CPU Voltage Regulator set to 1.75v
                        DIMM Voltage Regulator set to 2.77v
                        and with those ya should have no probs bootin' into and then just bump up the CPU Clock Ratio 0.5 at a time, if at anytime time ya go to far the BIOS will reset itself back to its default settin' (with older BIOS' ya may have to manually clear the CMOS though it's best to make sure that ya have the lastest BIOS flash installed) so just set everything back to the last workin' settin's. Once ya get to the best settings there then just go back to the FSB Frequency and raise it 1-2MHz at a time but at around 208-212MHz ya may have to start reducin' the Memory Timings (Advance Chipset Features page) to get further though that will depend on if ya want to push it that far. I run something like 3Dmark to test for stability between each adjustment.

Comment

• K

Thx. I'd try what u said but....

With the FSB Frequency, I can only jump from 166 to 200, then back to 100 . .I can't go up by 1 or 2 MHZ.

So, If I'm going to just set it 200 FSB, What should I alter to get best performence? (CPU, voltage, Vid Card settings other then in stuff through windows, Ram ect)

Comment

• It might be an older BIOS flash that ya usin' but just the bump from 166 to 200 will give a performance edge though try settin' System Performance and CPU Interface to Expert and that just may change those FSB settings for ya. Also with mine I also have the Memory Timings set to Expert with the most aggressive timings that the BIOS allows but whether that will work for you I can't say this involves a bit of luck with just how good ya modules are and I use XMS3500 which gives me some headroom to play with there.

Comment

• I've run through the BIOS and found these:

System Performence - Optimal
                              CPU Clock - Default (about 23 I think)
                              FSB Frequency 166
                              Memory Frequency - By SPD
                              CPU Throttling - Disabled
                              CPU Voltage Regulator - Default
                              AGP Voltage Regulator - 1.5V
                              DIMM Voltage Regulator - 2.63V

So what can I Crank up, and what do I need to change to compensate for extra strain and heat created?

Comment

• As mentioned you must choose the expert mode in order to do some more fine tuning settings.. Check out if you got the expert option somewhere under advanced chipset features, maybe it's under "system performance". Which is sat to "optimal" by default..

Comment

Working...
                                X