No announcement yet.

What speed burner do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder when the speeds will stop increasing... 40x write is pretty amazing.

Comment

well, both birdkiller and me finally got our 24x10x40 LiteOn drives.. I haven't put mine in yet, but looking forward to when I do.. :)

Comment

Would be interested in knowing how things go for you, Beefy. I am having some trouble backing up my SD2 disks.

JM
        Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

if you want a program to check what protection a cd has so that you can 'backup' ur cds etc get a program called cloney, it scans the cd and tells you the exact settings to use on clone CD.

Comment

A link for that program would be nice Shepps. ;)
            :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Shepps
              if you want a program to check what protection a cd has so that you can 'backup' ur cds etc get a program called cloney, it scans the cd and tells you the exact settings to use on clone CD.

ahhh yes... i used to have this, but then my hard drive failed and i lost it :(
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Get Clone CD here

and heres a site with loads of cds scanners etc, including cloney here

here is a site that has some useful newbie hints for backing up copy portected cds.game copy world

there ya go :D

Comment

surely there will become a point where having a faster burner will make no difference to the recording, unless they manage to make noramal cds bigger, which they wont. Bring on DVD Rs!!

Comment

Actually there is CDrom technology in the works that will bring storage up to gigs and may replace DVD-RW. :smokin:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by JealousMidget
                      Would be interested in knowing how things go for you, Beefy. I am having some trouble backing up my SD2 disks.

JM

There is a new version of Safedisc 2 out that has proven extremely difficult to circumvent - only one or two burners have been able to successfully copy protected discs with really finicky detailed settings. Let's hope the CD-RW makers find a way around this soon - I LEGALLY backup the software I own, I don't like scratching or losing an original disc
                      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

would this new type of cd technology require a new burner?

Comment

Yes as it is the burner that has the technology built into it. :smokin:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

I just got a 8/4/32 Philips drive. Works great for what I do--backups of my stuff.

Comment

Abinus, it turns out that I was not having any real problems with the SD2 disks. What I was having a problem with was my old Compaq DVD player and HP 9700 series CDRW. Neither of them would properly read the backups that I made, but both my LiteOn DVD player and CDRW had no problems. They work fine. Turns out all the fuss was for naught. :smokin:

JM
                                Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
                                X