What speed burner do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediAgent

You cant get a stock 1.4 TBird to 1.53..... something wrong. I've worked with 4 of all different steppings and they'll all get to 1.53 easy, only one needed a vcore change. You should look into that...

AMD only guarantee the chip to run at 1.4GHz..... I've had two identical Celeron 566MHz chips, one overclocked to 952MHz with a minor voltage nudge, and the other wouldn't even go to 638MHz :(

Different chips have different overclocking abilities :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

and it also depends on different components between different systems.. and different motherboards.. and any other variable that comes into it.

Comment

What's the default voltage for a tbird? I know I can OC to 1.47 without touching the voltages. Would this be worth it to OC 70MHz? Would I notice a thing be it an extra FPS in quake 3 or an extra 2-3 points in 3dmark2001SE?

As for the 1.53 I've heard of someone doing that to a 1.4 with a volcano 2, I have the WBK38 inside my windtunnel plus. But I brought the voltage to 1.775...

Comment

I believe that the default voltage for the TBird is 1.750V :hammer:

JM
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

So what do you think the voltage should be set for if I wanna OC to 1.53 or 1.6GHz and what is the guarentee that my processor will live compare to death. would I notice a speed increase in windows? or just FPS in games....if so how many FPS

do you recommend water cooling if I'm gonna OC past 1.6GHz?

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
              what is the guarentee that my processor will live compare to death
              The only guarantee there is in cpu's comes at the stock clock.

Comment

Working...
              X