Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RICOH MP 7063 6x 4x 32, and it works just fine with all my backups :D

Comment

HP 8100i, 4x write, 2x re-write, 24x read.
      However, it can only effectively write at 2x - 4x gives buffer underruns! Slow as stoned sloth (up to 40 mins per cd!), but works just fine. Got it back in 1997 when "cd-writers" (heh) were as elusive to find (and expensive to purchase) as dvd+rw is today.

Comment

I have a TDK 32x, TDK 24x, TDK12x, and a Philips 8x. As you can see I am big TDK Fan, never had a problem out of them.

Comment

I have a TDK 12/10/32a, which at $59us (after rebates), was a great deal a year ago. I looking to upgrade this year to a TDK 32 or 40.
          You can't beat the TDK for price/quality.
          The drive has never made a coaster (did have some due to bad media someone gave me)

Comment

Sony CRX145e (i think) 10x
            Vewry fun. Dont burn alot anymore thou. Music fer the car and games.

Comment

Liteon LRR-40125S 40x12x48x

:)

Comment

i only have a LiteOn 16x10x40
                They released the 32 and 40 just after i brought mine :(

Comment

Dont' you just hate it when that happens?

:rolleyes:

Comment

What are you talking about?!?!? the very dynamic of the PC industry is to come out with something newer and better, just after you decided you wanted to go all out and buy the best. This market loves to make you think you've got it all, then lower you to an entirely different status the next week. You spend all teh money for a Fire-Breathing IPC-Scorching Fast system, and sometime later, your now in the "budget" PC category, while stil having spent upwards of 2000 for it. Face it guys, aside from needing a PC to live, this is quite a financially stupid hobby we're into...

Comment

Philips 8 x 4 x 32

It was $50 after mail in rebate over a year ago (Great Deal considering max drive speed was 12x/16x then). I don't burn a whole lot so I can wait the 9 minutes per CD.

Comment

i have the 32x12x40 liteon in mine and i like them so much compared to all the others i've used that they are the only ones i put in the systems i build:smokin:

Comment

Lovely Lite-on 24x10x40. It replaced my Sony 160E (12x8x32) which was not so good. Sony's gone down the toilet with their optical drives, I've got a Sony 16X DVDROM that's made in China and it's pathetic!

Comment

I love Liteon so much that I named my daughter after it.:eek: I'll tatoo it on my neck if they give me a million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by fragman
                              Lovely Lite-on 24x10x40. It replaced my Sony 160E (12x8x32) which was not so good. Sony's gone down the toilet with their optical drives, I've got a Sony 16X DVDROM that's made in China and it's pathetic!
                              Agreed, their drives are pretty pathetic. There are rumors that some (again- SOME) of their 32x burners are in fact rebadged liteons.
                              Evidence of this is burning programs detecting Sonys 'patented POWERBURN feature' as in fact SMART-BURN. (which only liteon drives use)
                              that, and they look just a little too much like the liteon under the hood....

Comment

Hey don't accuse Lite-on as being the same as sony!
                                in all the reveiws i have seen sonys come out:thumbs do
                                and Lite-ons come out :thumb:
                                so they shurelly not the same.
                                It's strange though, sony make good audio cd players and home DVD players, yet anything to do with there drives is crap

Comment

Working...
                                X