Getting a new Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :rolleyes2
    Well, if you wants both speed/power AND good road quality in a high performance car then european cars is the choise..

American cars for example can be fast and strong, and really funny to drive on a straight road without curves.. But under normal circumstances not to many can beat our brands in europe, this is known by the most people with interest in cars.. :2cents:

:cheers: m8's..

Comment

• "Cocain Cartel of South America"

Dryadsoul I could'nt agree more... ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Comment

• can someone clear up the term "riceboy" for me.
        If i own a Nissan 180sx import from japan because i liked the look of the car and wanted something that would out perform holdens and fords that cost 20 thousand dollars more make me a riceboy.

ive owned a holden and a ford never go back to the holden after that experience. Either way still make great cars.

I like tweaks car looks good goes good and we drank alot of piss in it on a booze cruise wat more do ya need.

Comment

• A "riceboy" is a term used for a person that drives a Japanese car and tacks huge body kits, under carriage lights and stickers.

Basically a riceboy is a person that makes his car look like a performance car on the outside but does not do any internal modifications to enhance performance.

But it is not only Japanese cars that have this sort of thing done to them, there are lot of Commodores driving around that have massive body kits and the such to make them look like GTSs when really all they are is a standard V6 Commodore.

There is a guy down the street that owns a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer GLi and has tacked on an EVO body kit, it looks fast, but it is no faster than it was before he spend the $$$ on the body kit.

Excels are a major victim to the rice factor, I have seen many around that have massive wings and the such.

These terms are also thrown around too much by some people.

A Japanese sports car is NOT rice as it has performance to back up its looks.
          180SXs, 200SXs, Skylines, Supras, Integra Type Rs etc etc are not rice.

Although a N/A skyline with GTR stickers over it would be classed as rice as they are trying to tell everyone that the car is a lot faster than it is.

Comment

• I totally agree. :thumb:

:cheers:

Comment

• learn something everyday ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose
                But it is not only Japanese cars that have this sort of thing done to them, there are lot of Commodores driving around that have massive body kits and the such to make them look like GTSs when really all they are is a standard V6 Commodore.
                Woohoo I am a RICEBOY!!!
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• And for the record Moose, I intend on buying a real HSV (or something similar) after I turn 21 because as you would know since you are the car dictionary of the forums, I can't legally drive a V8 now and nobody will give me insurance without charging me the earth for it.

:blah:
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• Jesus, grow up.

Don't flatter yourself; I was not referring to your car in my previous post.

Comment

• It may be just me but seems strange to pay an extra 10-15k for a car be it a HSV v8 when you could buy a executive and and put a better kit mags exhuast stereo and still be 5-10k better off. i see cars drive round all the time being standard with a body kit and mags but i dont think they are "riceboys" alot of them look better than the hsv cars. The only thing i hate about it is if someone had a Executive commodore with body kit mags and HSV stickers planted all over the car.

i like tweaks car looks very tough even if it makes him a "RICEBOY"

But if ya got the money get one i guess.

Comment

• Comment

• Japs eat rice so they are called rice boys when they do there cars up to stupid ***** extension body kits and etc.

Australians on the other hand are more of a pie eater. Maybe we should call cam a pie boy if anything.

Thats my thought.

Quit the biatching :)

Comment

• Pie Boy it is then, here here Toxic!
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• I wonder how difficult it is to eat carpet. Being from NY does that make me a Pizza boy, Bagel Boy, Cheesecake boy, mugging boy, crime boy, smog boy, tall building boy, personally I think I?ll go with, I?ve obviously got too much time on my hands boy so I?ll go play with my cat somemore.
                              :blah:

Comment

• beerboy

VBboy

Comment

Working...
                                X