No announcement yet.

Getting a new Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweaks car is by no means a "stock" commodore. Once I'm finished with it, it'll blow any rice boy car off the road. Give me a month or two. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Slamo
      Tweaks car is by no means a "stock" commodore. Once I'm finished with it, it'll blow any rice boy car off the road. Give me a month or two. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose
        :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No chance.
        Another $10k should do it, oh I wish I was 21 and could buy me a Gen III 5.7 V8 and supercharge it.

Boston Acoustics system goes in next week, that should give it another 10kw like the spolier... LOL :rofl:
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yeah, sorry to disappoint you,

but unless your willing to set up the car so that it is illegal to drive on public roads you will never blow away the crazier setups out there.

I'm afraid I do have a habit of speeding, but then again this is the US were around speed limit is usually ridiculously low. And everyone goes about ten miles over anything posted.
          :bounce:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
            Another k should do it, oh I wish I was 21 and could buy me a Gen III 5.7 V8 and supercharge it.

Boston Acoustics system goes in next week, that should give it another 10kw like the spolier... LOL :rofl:

lol.

10K will no where near do it, try around 20 - 30k.

And even then there will be a lot of cars out there that will leave it for dead.

If you want to spend that much on that engine, you are better of ditching the old V6 pushrod and dropping either a Supercharged V8 or an RB30 DETT in it.

You have said yourself many a time, you do not know much about cars.

And as negomike said, if you do spend that much on it, it will most likely not be a street legal car.

Comment

You clown, that's why I said I want a Gen III GM motor...
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

And?

The same still applies.

Comment

OK... :blah:
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

But seriously

If these GENIII V8s are such a high performance engine, how come they are not in the speed records?

I only see 1 Holden with a Holden V8 in the records.

I would have though that seeming the GENIII was such a high performance engine that they would be using it more :confused:

Comment

Moose what engine does a GTS and GTO use? a modified HSV Gen III.
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

As my previous post states.

How come they are not in the speed records?

I know what they are used in.

And if THEY are such speed machines how come they are no where near the speed records?

Because they are a modified Family car. They are based on a sedan, they are not made to be a sports car, and, they never will be a true sports car.

I know a few Holden fans, but they also take note of the cars around them, they are not blind like some that think Holden rule the performance market

bah, it's no use

I give up

And you know I love your sexual body, (And yours Shawn :devil win )

Comment

LOL

OK then, but when did I ever say the Commodore was the king of the performance cars? I just want to make mine go fast, not the fastest thing on the friggin planet for christs sake.
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                            LOL

OK then, but when did I ever say the Commodore was the king of the performance cars? I just want to make mine go fast, not the fastest thing on the friggin planet for christs sake.

Comment

We sucessfully proved that... :laugh:
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Just take your time and accept praise & critisim from your fellow motorists. As stated many a time before- you arent too aware of how cars work. I came into the motoring world with exactly the same knowledge. I new the basics of basics (oil goes in here, fuel goes in here and push that pedal to go) and once the performance bug bit me, I actively sought out information about getting the most out of my car. After x many years and experiances with mates cars, it became clear that holdens suffer from poor upgrade steps. ie- the small things you do to the engine that cost ****all are rarely ever worth the effort, simply because thats not how they are designed. HOWEVER, if the owner is willing to drop some serious money into the car, it WILL perform well. Be aware any serious modding will no doubt require the current engine gets given the ol heave-ho.
                                Engine conversions involve ALOT of time, money and pre-thought/planning. Stop thinking about it right now if you think its a simple operation. You need to take into consideration EVERY little detail about your car. I suggest a fine-tooth comb.

My advice to you is this- forget ricers. Forget about having to beat them to prove they are wankers. They already know they are wankers. Concentrate on what is best for your car, and improve your driving skills. There will ALWAYS be better cars than yours out there. Prove yourself a better driver.

oh, and go Mitsubishi.
                                my GSR eats 8s for breakfast, lunch AND tea.
                                Go son, go.
                                :p

Comment

Working...
                                X